6 months to run on my manager contract and ..

Ash8

Reaction score
Well as the title says i have 6 months until my contract at Afc Wimbledon expires , so when a news report came up mentioning this and linking other managers with the job i was slightly concerned.

I've hardly done a bad job , i'm top of league 2 by 6 points (25 games into the season) after getting promoted as Play-off winners of the BSP and winning the FA trophy. I also have a win percentage of around 70% and i'm scoring goals for fun in the league , having only lost once this season!

So i thought this can't be right and decided it must just be media talk to fill my inbox and notify me in some sort of way. I then decided that i should enter contract talks with the club by my own means and not wait for an offer that may of not come at the end of the season.

AFC: Welcome , what would you like to discuss today?
ME: I would like a new contract as its important to the players for them to see me commited to the club and also that your commited to me.
AFC:We agree with your reasoning, however, your performance as manager so far means we are not able to offer you a long time deal at present.

What the **** oO) so i've won a play-off final , FA trophy , have exceeded all expectations in the cups and have even set myself up a nice FA Cup third round draw V Manchester City yet i havent performed ? hmmmm

Can anyone help or advise me what to do?

Dont know must be a bug, but dont worry u will defo get a new contract at the end of the season, i doubt the board will sack u so dont worry, just make sure ur handling all ur finances correctly and stuff like that cos the game looks at everything from your performances on the pitch to ur financial control before they send such mails to ur inbox

The only thing i can think it must be is that i changed my aims from avoid relegation > Mid table finish on there request as they said my aims need re assessing due to me being 10 points clear , would that have any affect do you think?

i hope they do , i've put quite alot of time and effort into this save thus far and i want it to be my main one (which i normally get about 9/10/11 seasons out of so i don't want this one cut short!)

clubs rarely offer new contracts mid-season and as you're a relatively new manager they will be unwilling to commit to longer deals just yet...

if they offer you a year long at the end of the season ask for two (they'll then offer you another deal next season if they're happy with the team's progress...)

Go to boardroom requests and then go to personal then ask for a new contract and they should say something like your doing good so we will offer you a new contract in the near future.
After you won't hear from them till about a week later and they will give you a new contract.

clubs rarely offer new contracts mid-season and as you're a relatively new manager they will be unwilling to commit to longer deals just yet...

if they offer you a year long at the end of the season ask for two (they'll then offer you another deal next season if they're happy with the team's progress...)

I suppose but normally in real life managers don't let there contract run down past the 6 months and try and extend or get out, so i just presumed it would be the same for FM.

Go to boardroom requests and then go to personal then ask for a new contract and they should say something like your doing good so we will offer you a new contract in the near future.
After you won't hear from them till about a week later and they will give you a new contract.

That's exaclly what i did and that was what i expected to happen but instead i got that oO)

I am currently the same in my Charlton save, two consecutive promotions, Johnstone Paint win & currently 14th in the premier league having given me no transfer funds yet when I did like you did and requested a new contract they released a statement that they may be looking for a new manager? ****** boardrooms!!

I suppose but normally in real life managers don't let there contract run down past the 6 months and try and extend or get out, so i just presumed it would be the same for FM.

You got what.......?

That's exaclly what i did and that was what i expected to happen but instead i got that oO)

has happened in my game too and when the season was over they were first to offer me a new contract plus six other clubs just mulling over now who stick with

Did you even Read the OP mate