6 points for a win, 2 for a loss...football, its a funny old game

nicowab

Reaction score
Hello folks...first time poster here so I hope this all ends up ok.

So I seem to have bought the most buggy version of this game ever. I've been playing this ever since it came out as Championship manager on the Amiga in '92 and have never seen so many bugs.

My current game...all updated with the latest patch v 11.1.1.....sees me managing in the Chilean second division with Coquimbo Unido. Now I'm pretty sure the rules for football are universal and the same in every country but it seems that doesn't apply in Chile.

As you hopefully will be able to see in the picture below, my team won a match and were awarded 6 points. Nice I'm thinking, but also the team I play next, Municipal Iquique, were awarded 2 points for a loss!! What the fudge is going on there?

Chilean%20First%20Division%20B%20%28Information_%20Stages%29.png
(**** it....how on earth do I paste a screenshot in here)

Anyway, after playing the next match against Municipal Iquique and winning 2-1 the points seem to have been awarded correctly. I'm top of the table with 2 games played and on 9 points. The problem that reared its ugly head here is that on the post match screen where you can say "Well done" to your players...the CONTINUE button is greyed out so I am unable to continue with the game. WTF???

I would post a screen shot of this too but again, I can't work out how to do that.

I will be posting this on other sites forums too so that those at SI may get a chance to see how buggy the game is and hopefully sort it out.

Rant over.

N.B Just added screenshots so hopefully you lot will be able to see what I'm going on about :)

There must be some kind of bonus points system, since you won and got six points, and three other teams won and got either four or three. Presumably if this is the case then the club who lost might have managed to get some bonus points, boosting them to two points.

For the continue one, I had it once too.. Try hitting the space bar, or failing that, go on holiday until the next day. It seems to work after that.

Have you checked the competition rules?

had the "continue" after a match grayed out a several times as well, can be sorted easily by clicking on any of the icons (like Home, Squad etc... ) then clicking the match button so it'll take you back to the game you just played and the continue button will work again.

Ok so the CONTINUE problem is sorted now...cheers folks, but looking at the league rules (which I didn't mention in the original post) they are exactly the same as any other leagues rules regarding the points system ie 3 for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss. No mention anywhere of "bonus" points,

sounds like the Super 14 down there (Southern Hemisphere Club Rugby competition) :D

that is strange, is it the original game and where did you get it from?
still 2 points for a loss is better than 0 in my opinion :p

Certainly is strange. It is an original game upgraded with the latest patch (11.1.1) bought via Zavvi. I haven't messed with the editor or any other program that can alter the database.

Uhm. I dunno, but looking at the table, it says you have 1 for, 0 against. While your match result was 2-1. How could this happen. Also the other teams for and against goals don't match???????

The game AFTER that screenshot was taken ended in a 2-1 victory for my team. The result that generated the 6 points was a 1-0 for my team.