8 Different World Cup Winners, 8 Different Tactics

*stupid question
how did you set up to play only world cup games?

Last edited:
*stupid question
how did you set up to play only world cup games?

I didn't (but it is possible to). If you are looking at my results screen shots, remember you are only looking at 2014 results - the 2013/12 results are hidden.

If you only want to play World Cup games, start a new game and just go on holiday until 1st May 2014 - that gives you about a week or so before you have to finalise your squad for the World Cup which will start the following month. You may even get a friendly or two to play during that time.

Two downsides to doing this however - you can't develop your tactic (doesn't matter if you are downloading a tactic of course) and your assistant manager may not get you qualified for the Finals which will get you the sack !

So I am trying your Brazil 1970 tactic, the one with slower tempo with EC Bahia. So I am about 40 game into the game, havent lost a single game, a few draws, that is it. So I have to say the first 22 games were in state championship, where you win easily, but when Campeonato Brasileiro began, we are simply unstoppable...the wide play is amazing, I am really enjoying the tactic, Bahia doesnt have the strongest of squad in Brasileirao...so I am hoping that when I get better players, it will be even better:)

So I have finished the season with EC Bahia. In the second half ot the season I started using also quicker tactic, and have won the Campeonato without any trouble by 10 point margin ahead of Sao Paulo. What I like with this tactic is, that there everybody scores.

Uruguay 1950 now updated, however bad news :(.

After several attempts I have been unable to win the World Cup based on the Uruguay 1950 tactic.

Trying to shoe-horn such a tactic into the modern match engine, along with now extinct player roles, a severe lack of usable information of the original tactics and a current Uruguayan squad that just doesn't have suitable players, has proven to be impossible and I have to admit defeat.

Still, seven World Cup winning tactics out of eight isn't bad :).

Fantastic thread, and you've showed a great deal of knowledge of football both past and present.