liampartyn

Reaction score
View attachment 208038

History

Wrexham AFC are a professional club who are based in Wrexham, North-East Wales, who play in the English leagues. Wrexham were founded in 1872 which makes them one of the oldest surviving football clubs in Britain. They are also the oldest professional club in Wales.
They Currently play in the Blue Square Bet Premier following their relegation from league 2 at the end of the 2007-2008 season after being a football league team for 87 years. Despite being in the english leagues, they have been competitiors in the welsh cup, winning it in a record 23 times.

*BREAKING NEWS*

Andy Morrell steps down as manager to continue his playing career
View attachment 208042

25 year old Liam Partyn becomes Wrexham's new manager on a 2 year contract, after Andy Morrell steps down. Partyn's previous coaching experience was being a coach at welsh side, Cefn Druids.

The Squad
View attachment 208043

Expectations and Budget

My expectations for this season is to win promotion back to the football league. My transfer budget is 100k and my remaining wage budget is 4k. This is a good budget for a team pushing for promotion.

Key Players

There are a few key players in the current squad who could be vital for a promotion push.

Chris Maxwell
View attachment 208044
Chris Maxwell, aged 20, is a welsh u-21 international keeper, who is an academy product. This will be his 5th season at the club, making 66 appearances.
Mark Creighton
View attachment 208050
Mark Creighton, labelled by fans as 'BEAST' due to being 6'4" and weighing over 12 stone, he is an old fashioned centre back and Wrexham is his 9th club.
Glen Little
View attachment 208060
Glen Little, aged 35, is definitely the most experienced individual at Wrexham having made 400 career appearances and scoring 41 goals.
Andy Morrell
View attachment 208061
Andy Morrell, aged 36, is currently Wrexham's player/first team coach and is currently in his 2nd spell at the club. In his previous spell he played 110 games scoring 40 goals. He is a legend at Wrexham and will be a key player this season.
Tactics
For this season i will be using a 4-3-3 formation, going very rigid away from home and very fluid at home, also i will be going out attacking.
Transfers
View attachment 208063

I've brought in 3 Liverpools players on season long loans, due to Liverpool being my parent club. Conor Coady is very versatile as he can play anywhere in defence on midfield. David Amoo plays upfront and will do very well in this league as he has a lot of pace. Krisztian Adorjan can play either in midfield or upfront. He will be another key addition to the club
Pre-Season
Manchester City-Home
This is my first pre-season game and just a run out for the team and to earn some extra revenue, i am very pleased as i lost 1-0 to a very strong Man City side with formed Man City player Curtis Obeng scoring an own goal after half an hour! 10,500 were there to watch, providing vital revenue for this season.
Buckley-Away
A game which i field a weakened team against our feeder club, Welsh 2nd division side, Buckley Town. We ran out 3-0 winners with midfielder Jay Harris scoring twice and Lee Fowler scoring once.
Oxford-Home
A very tough test against a League 2 side, who will be looking for promotion. This match will prove our credentials as promotion hopefuls. We came out with a creditable 2-2 draw after being 2-0 down at half time. On loan Liverpool forward David Amoo and Matthias Pogba(brother of Man Utd's Paul) getting Wrexham's goals.
Airbus-Away
A game which i field a weakened team against our feeder club, Welsh Premier League side, Airbus. We won 2-1 with youth players Stephen Tommassan and Louis Moss getting the goals.
Cefn Druids-Away
A game which i field a weakened team against another of our feeder clubs,like Buckley, they are also in the Welsh 2nd division. We won 2-0 with youngsters James Colbeck and Declan Walker getting on the scoresheet.
End of Pre-Season

Blue Square Bet Premier
View attachment 208072

Wrexham 3-0 Hayes and Yeading
A good start to the league campaign with a 3-0 win against mid-table candidates Hayes and Yeading. An own goal from Labonte gave Wrexham the lead in the 39th minute, before league debutant Adorjan scored to make it 2-0 before half time after a mix up from the Hayes and Yeading defence. Club legend Andy Morrell then wrapped up the game in the 88th minute with a strike from 10 yards.

View attachment 208077
Mansfield 0-2 Wrexham
A tricky test away at play off hopefuls Mansfield Town, we're looking for back-to-back wins in the league and with 5 changes due to international duty and injuries Wrexham still managed to win. P.Bolland scoring an own goal after 13 minutes to give Wrexham the lead. Jake Speight then doubled the lead on 53 minutes to secure the Red Dragons back-to-back wins.
View attachment 208081
Wrexham Forest Green

My 3rd game of the season i was looking to keep my 100% win record. Yet another own goal opened the scoring for Wrexham with this time it being keeper
J.Bittner after 58 minutes. Morrell then doubles the lead in the 72nd minute, Morrell then doubled his tally on with a penalty, Adorjan then scored in the 91st minute to complete the rout!

View attachment 208082

Cambridge
1-3Wrexham

4 wins in a row for me now! Conceded our first goal of the season in the 39th minute, a strike from 6 yards from Marriot. David Amoo then equalised in the 58th minute against the run of play! Wrexham then took the lead in the 81st minute through Andy Morrell, in the 92nd minute Mark Creighton then wrapped the game up!
View attachment 208081

Wrexham 1-0 Barrow

Extended our 100% record to 5 games with an 86th minute header from substitute Jake Speight, we are now 4 points ahead of 2nd placed Bath.

Tamworth-Wrexham

The last game of August and a chance to keep our 100% win record, and we do so in a close game with
Adorjan getting the only goal in the 10th minute from the penalty spot. We then had to last 26 minutes with 10 men due to Jay Harris getting a straight red card!
Deadline Transfers
Brought in former Man City youth player Jan Vidal on a free transfer and welsh u21 international Jon Williams on a season long loan from Crystal Palace.

not sure how to change thread title, didn't mean to press send!

Screenshots don't work, could you post them in a different way?
Great story!

Great start, well layed out.

Ask one of the mods if they can change your title. I'm sure they will if you ask nicely ;)

i'm not sure why, but they come in attatchments at the bottom! september results to come shortly!