9 CC changes 2 goals, against 1 CC change and 1 goal

callamity

Reaction score
View attachment 335649

I just dunno how to explain this, it is very frustrating, to create 9 clear cut chances and score only twice against the CPU's 1 clear cut chance in which they score.

how do they manage to score with each and every CCC they get?

A CCC is a chance where a player has a great chance of scoring if the circumstances are perfect. If he has the ball on his best foot, if he has no opponent breathing down his neck, its NOT after à long run with the ball, if he does not FEEl he is under pressure from an opponent etc. If he is confident and not nervous/anxious/frustrated because of recent events on the field ( like having just missed an easy sitter). If he is in form. If these circumstances are perfect, then he - depending on his quality versus the quality of the keeper and his positioning the goal - should be able to score.

Apart from the fact that these frustration comes from selective memory, where you forget all the times they don't score, do the following.

Have a look at the CCC that the opponents score from. In some cases, their CCC are under perfect circumstances and the CCC is one that my cat could slot away.

Now, look at yours. Are they really that good? If a player or players miss their chances, what's their bodylanguage ? His do you react to it as a manager ? Do you sub an FC that has missed 3 CCCs as he is now highly unlikely to actually score being mentally out of balance.

I do normally fully appreciate the constructive feedback on this forum,
however...
I am well aware of what a real CCC is and would not have posted otherwise.
Bashing me for "selective memory" is a tad unfair.
I do feel for your cat if the poor wee man/girl has been put under the pressure of playing in a professional football match. Although I must admire his technical ability being able to slot away any chance is an exceptional talent.

I am truly sorry if I have taken what seems like a variation of talking down ones nose at me and sarcastic notations the wrong way however I do feel like I am a primary school kid being Chastised xD

The ability to read the body language of a player in the match engine is beyond me.
Should a player manage to get 3 real CCC's and miss in one game I would more than likely take him off, and give him an individual "have faith" talk.

See: 2012 Champions League Final

But I do agree to an extent about the match engine being quite messy.

The ability to read the body language of a player in the match engine is beyond me..

This is what I find annoying. Because my laptop can only handle an absolutely **** version of the 3D graphics, all the player look like they are made of wood, so you can't tell what they are doing anyway, or I have to use 2D which you definitely can't see body language on :L

Just use one of the in-match widgets which tells you how each player is feeling?

Just use one of the in-match widgets which tells you how each player is feeling?

That would only help if you have a good assistant with man managing and motivating, which I don't... :L (Can't sask my Southampton assistant, as the board say he would cost too much! :()

I do normally fully appreciate the constructive feedback on this forum, however...I am well aware of what a real CCC is and would not have posted otherwise.Bashing me for "selective memory" is a tad unfair.I do feel for your cat if the poor wee man/girl has been put under the pressure of playing in a professional football match. Although I must admire his technical ability being able to slot away any chance is an exceptional talent.I am truly sorry if I have taken what seems like a variation of talking down ones nose at me and sarcastic notations the wrong way however I do feel like I am a primary school kid being Chastised xDThe ability to read the body language of a player in the match engine is beyond me.Should a player manage to get 3 real CCC's and miss in one game I would more than likely take him off, and give him an individual "have faith" talk.
Wow, you totally missundestood My with My answer as I was just trying to help.

Have à go at it again and this time, read it out loud like I was talking " happy non arrogant voice" and I am sure you will get my point.Basically, the body language is visible in the widget and here, it says anxious, confident etc. About the opponent scoring from their only CCC, I meant that people in generall suffer from selective memory but when it happends , its still as frustrating. When dominating a game like you did though , the clear chances the opponent gets are more likely to be really good ones, perhaps after a individual mistake, a quick counter attack where they outnumber you. It's in the nature of these kind of matches as their chances won't be because of them having good possession in advanced positions, dragging your players out if position etc. So in short, the CCC the opponent gets when they finally getting a CCC are often much better ( but fewer) than yours as the dominante team.

In my current save, I use a tactic that gets my about 33 % possession but as I restrict the opponent to Longshots and hit them on the break, my 2- 4 chances often results in 2-4 goals since they are easy sitters, in relation to theirs that are often found in tight spots and their players being under pressure.

Last edited:
Wow, you totally missundestood My with My answer as I was just trying to help.

Have à go at it again and this time, read it out loud like I was talking " happy non arrogant voice" and I am sure you will get my point.Basically, the body language is visible in the widget and here, it says anxious, confident etc. About the opponent scoring from their only CCC, I meant that people in generall suffer from selective memory but when it happends , its still as frustrating. When dominating a game like you did though , the clear chances the opponent gets are more likely to be really good ones, perhaps after a individual mistake, a quick counter attack where they outnumber you. It's in the nature of these kind of matches as their chances won't be because of them having good possession in advanced positions, dragging your players out if position etc. So in short, the CCC the opponent gets when they finally getting a CCC are often much better ( but fewer) than yours as the dominante team.

In my current save, I use a tactic that gets my about 33 % possession but as I restrict the opponent to Longshots and hit them on the break, my 2- 4 chances often results in 2-4 goals since they are easy sitters, in relation to theirs that are often found in tight spots and their players being under pressure.

really sorry for misunderstanding you. translating things into text form does this sometimes i'm sure you'll understand. my bad
I do understand what you are saying having gone away and come back and read it again along with the new analogy. Thank you, I will analyse my matches taking into account these points, had not realized this widget was there either.

That is quite an impressive statistic, regarding your current save and tactic, counter attacking tactics for me always end up with me being thrashed so bad. It's something I fancy in real life football but could never get working in game xD.

Last edited:
really sorry for misunderstanding you. translating things into text form does this sometimes i'm sure you'll understand. my bad
I do understand what you are saying having gone away and come back and read it again along with the new analogy. Thank you, I will analyse my matches taking into account these points, had not realized this widget was there either.

That is quite an impressive statistic, regarding your current save and tactic, counter attacking tactics for me always end up with me being thrashed so bad. It's something I fancy in real life football but could never get working in game xD.

Well, I am only 12 matches into the save and as soon as the opponents start treating me with more respect, my compact counter approach won't see me win matches anymore as we now have to create space rather than exploiting why is already there. But if we slip into one off the playoff spots, I will be very happy with the season as we have the media prediction if dead last. I am thinking about going "all-in" until scoring 1-0 in these coming matches though and then turn to counter as our strengths lies in being able to work hard, playing a high energy game.

9 CCCs with a players being sent off at the min 15 is not bad m8. Just bad luck!

Try to achieve 9 CCCs again with all player sin the pitch and maybe the result will go larger.

Or you may loose, you will never know...

re

Here is a typicall result ( here at H.T though) of an away game where I play a 451, rigid counter. As you see, I have more possesion than usuall and the opponent have their shots off target but the point is that my attacvks are leathal as I outnumber them. Direct balls hit into channels out wide, a cross/pass to feet towards the far post/center and we slot it in. All chnace where if a kind where my Cat actually could have put in away :D

cccst.png
[/URL]

thanks for the feedback guys, just home from work now, loaded up my game to look through my matches.
And again im impressed how you do that TheBetterHalf I have no idea hehe.

Here are an average home and away games with my team: View attachment 335923View attachment 335924

I did notice though now, that around 50% of my CCC's the striker of the ball is being pressured by a defender.

im playing a 352 that i put together with the guidance of raikans possession thread :D