DeathRage

Reaction score
As near as I can manage, this DB is pretty much how things were back at the start of the 95/96 season. Blackburn Rovers are champions and there's a whole host of (what we think of now as) unusual teams playing not only in the top flight but in Europe, too!

I haven't fiddled with coefficients or anything like that which means that if you take charge of Blackburn, Man Utd, Forest or Liverpool, you'll be playing in the Champions League whereas taking the reigns at Leeds, Newcastle, Spurs or QPR will see you duking it out in the Europa.

There's more to it than the Premier League, of course. In fact you can play all the way down to the Conference. That is the lowest playable league though. Due to the amount of rebuilding I would've had to do (and the fact there was no Conference North/South at that time) every team below conference level has been lumped into a single unplayable division. There is promotion/relegation between the two though!

I have fiddled with reputations per league standings at the end of the previous season which means that the top four or five (Blackburn, Man Utd, Forest, Liverpool, Leeds) have the larger reputations which as a Forest fan is fine by me!

A few interesting saves using this DB would definitely include taking the likes of Blackburn, Forest or Leeds to heights they never quite managed to reach! Or you could take charge at (AFC) Wimbledon! That's right, it's not quite the Crazy Gang but it's close! Or go down the leagues a bit and take charge of Tranmere, Oldham or Port Vale in the Championship; Swansea, Bournemouth or Wrexham in League 1; Scarborough, Fulham or Cardiff in League 2; or even Bromsgrove, Northwich Victoria or Yeovil in the Conference! Whichever you choose, I reckon it'll be a whole lotta' fun!

As I had to rebuild the leagues - prize/tv/parachute money is as close to current and up to date as I could find - I figured I'd play with the rules a little, too... Just for the Premier League, mind - all other divisions are fair game. But no, I personally like to play with max. foreigner rules so I set that to 5 in a squad of 25. I know some people don't like that though so there's a couple of other download links, one with the current 7 homegrown in a squad of 25 rules and one with no rules at all!

also how have you handled budgets? i played an update lastvyear and shearer would have cost me 90mil as newcastle!! i did find home/world reputation did lower player prices so newcastle could realistically sign shearer

No man, the three files are simply the same DB featuring slightly different rules as mentioned above.

Toon are as Toon is, lol. Other than rep and previous league position to get it roughly in line with how it was, I've done nothing to the teams. Clubs still have the same players as they do now in 2015, still play the same grounds and have the same staff. I'd love to do a full 90's DB - and who knows, I might, if only to have Lars Bohinen and Alfe Inge Haaland playing in Forest colours once again - but I'm afraid this will have to do for now!

Hi mate, I'm a little confused yet excited about this. Excited as it's a great idea, but confused as when I put the DB's into the editor, the teams in each league was exactly like 95/96 but not the team? Everyone still had their 2015/16 squads. So I'm wondering if this has not yet been finished or started (in regards to putting the players from 95/96)?

How do u get the 95/96 squads after download? Still shows the 15/16 squads