A Bluebird's Eye View - A Cardiff City Story

AndrewLFC

Reaction score
View attachment 416655
Malky Mackay sacked as Cardiff City manager

View attachment 416656

Malky Mackay has been sacked as manager of Cardiff City after two years in charge.

Vincent Tan has decided to dispense with the 41-year-old Scot's services after a bitter public breakdown of relationship between boss and owner.

Last week, Tan sent Mackay an email telling him to resign or be sacked in which he listed a number of grievances.

Mackay has issued a statement saying he leaves Cardiff City "with his head held high".

Tan is said to have criticised Mackay in a number of areas including signings, transfer budgets, results on the pitch and style of play.

View attachment 416654

Cardiff captain Steven Caulker has publicly announced that he is outraged by Tan's decision to sack Mackay and but he said that he will back any manager who comes in.

Cardiff City have confirmed that rookie Andrew Brewer will take over immediately. This will be Brewer?s first job in football and where better to start off than in the Premier League with a side who are favourites for relegation?

"It is a fantastic challenge. Cardiff are ready to take the next step up. I hope I can help them," said Brewer, who has replaced the sacked Malky Mackay.

"I've always dreamt of being a manager in the Premier League and I'm delighted to get the opportunity.

"I am really looking forward to convincing the Cardiff fans that I am the right man to take them forward.

"I will try to convince the fans with my hard work, loyalty and my brand of football. I'm a very positive manager."

Brewer has yet to confirm if he is going to make any other signings this summer and he seems happy with the squad Malky has left him with.

This is my first serious FM story, I hope you and I will thoroughly enjoy it for some time! Please leave any feedback, it will help me improve the story massively!

Last edited:
View attachment 416479

Cardiff City Squad Report

Goalkeepers:
View attachment 416475View attachment 416474View attachment 416468

Cardiff possess three good goalkeepers in David Marshall, Joe Lewis and Simon Moore. Marshall will be my first choice GK and young Moore, who is out on loan at Bristol City, is definitely one for the future. Joe Lewis is an OK keeper but he is only going to be a backup.

Centre-Backs:
View attachment 416460View attachment 416459View attachment 416455View attachment 416453View attachment 416451View attachment 416449
There are six centre-backs at Cardiff City and one of those, Ben Nugent, 19, is out on loan at Peterborough. Ben Turner is a solid defender and he is only 25. He will compete with Mark Hudson for the starting spot alongside Steven Caulker. Matthew Connolly, another 25-year-old, is a versatile defender who can play anywhere across the defence. He will be a backup defender but that doesn't mean he won't be an important player. Juan Cala, a Spanish 23-year-old, will be another backup centre-back who has a lot of potential. Mark Hudson, the experienced veteran, will most likely captain the side this season alongside my best centre-back: 21-year-old Steven Caulker.

Fullbacks:
View attachment 416458View attachment 416457View attachment 416456View attachment 416454View attachment 416452View attachment 416450
Cardiff City have six fullbacks and one of them, John Brayford, 25, is on loan at Sheffield United. Declan John, 18, is a promising, quick, left back with bags of potential. I am thinking about loaning him out to a League One or Two team. Kevin McNaughton, 30, will be my backup right back this season. Theophile-Catherine, 23, is a French right back who can still improve a lot. He will be my first-choice right back. Andrew Taylor, 26, will be my 2nd choice left back, behind Fabio, 23, who is one of my best players.

Central Midfielders:
View attachment 416423View attachment 416422View attachment 416421View attachment 416420View attachment 416419View attachment 416418
Cardiff City have 6 Central Midfielders and one of them, Fillip Kiss, 22 is out on loan at Ross County. Gary Medel, 25, is arguably my best player and he will definitely be my first choice midfielder. Peter Whittingham, 28, is a Cardiff legend and he can score lots of goals from midfield. He will battle for a place alongside Medel with Jordon Mutch, 21. Aron Gunnarsson, 23, will be my backup centre-mid. Don Cowie, 30, will be placed on the transfer list at the end of the season.

Attacking Midfielders:
View attachment 416413View attachment 416412View attachment 416411
Cardiff have 3 attacking midfielders, and they are all Norwegian! Magnus Wolff Eikrem, 22, will compete with Jo Inge Berget, 22, for a starting spot in the hole and Mats Daehli, 18, has bags of potential and he will be my backup.

Wingers:

View attachment 416406View attachment 416405View attachment 416403View attachment 416402View attachment 416401
Cardiff have five wingers at the club and one of them, Wilfried Zaha, 20, is on loan from Man Utd and he will be my first choice winger. Tommy Smith, 33, isn't the best of players but he will be a useful backup for at least one season. Craig Noone, 25, is a skillful winger who likes to cut inside from the right and he will be a decent player for me this season. Kim Bo-Kyung, 23, is a creative winger who can also play centrally. He will be my other winger when available. Craig Bellamy, 34, is a Wales legend who is a proven goalscorer in the Premier League.

Strikers:

View attachment 416397View attachment 416396View attachment 416395View attachment 416394View attachment 416393
Cardiff have five strikers and two of them, Nicky Maynard (26) and Etien Velikonja (24) are out on loan at Wigan and Rio Ave respectively. Kenwyne Jones, 28, and Fraizer Campbell, 25, will fight for the lone striker starting spot. Joe Mason, 22, will be my backup this season.

agreed... with limited transfer budget, dont think someone can expect much from Cardiff....

i had a hard time going against the bigger teams, but battling for survival shouldn't be too difficult for an advanced manager.

Last edited: