A British Challenge - Stepping into management

MorrisDavid

Reaction score
So I thought I will make myself a little challenge, its to start with no coaching badges and only Sunday league experience (pretty much what I got in real life) and basically its just to win every top title around the British isles and maybe European titles as well and to start unemployed looking for my first step into football management.

View attachment 273304

I started with N. Ireland, Rep Ireland and Wales as I thought it would be easiest to get a job faster and didn't really want start in conference north/south and plus wanted to leave England till last has it probably would be the hardest league to win I also started the game date in Ireland 2015.

Looking for a job

So far only two jobs have become available they are in Welsh Premier League and Danske Premier League in Northern Ireland and they are Glentoran and Cefn Druids.
View attachment 273303

Cefn Druids chairman invited me to a interview for the managers role of the club and after what I thought was a successful interview I was informed that I was unsuccessful for the role, so the job hunt continues.

After a few more days past by another job becomes available in Wales again this time for Carmarthen Town and I get my second interview in matter of a few days.

Next day after my interview with the chairman of Carmarthen Town FC I get an email with a contract to be the next manager of Carmarthen Town.

View attachment 273300
My step into football management begins here at Carmarthen Town in the Wales Premier League.

About the Club

View attachment 273299

Year found: 1984
Nickname: The Old Gold
Ground: Richmond Park
Kits: Home Gold and Black
Away Blue
With a trophy cabinet with only three trophies in our last honour was in the premier league cup in 2014 although the only league trophy we have is the Welsh division 1.

View attachment 273296

A British Challenge - Second job already?

Right, when I took over Carmarthen Town we were sat bottom of league with 5 games to go and 7 points to save our season for survival in the Welsh Premier League, defeat in our first game was really disappointing but never the less we bounced back in our second game with a nice 3-0 win and to boost the sprites of the team, with only 4 points to chase and only 3 games left it seems like it was going down to the wire, then our next we went 3-1 up but couldn't hold on to only get a draw in the end, now we had 5 points from 2 games and defeat would only mean one thing relegation things were going well until it came into the last 5 minutes against airbus uk and we gave away a penalty to sent us out the league.

As I don't have any other leagues for Wales it means I had to leave my role as Carmarthen Town manager which I was gutted to be able to keep them in the league.

but as the off-season means jobs become available which is were I need your help to choose what club I'm gonna take over next.

• [*=center]Port Talbort
    [*=center]TNS (The New Saints)
    [*=center]Ards
    [*=center]Aberystwyth
    [*=center]Drogheda United

TNS have one of the best chances to win the Welsh Premier so they might be a good club to go for!

A British Challenge - The New Saints

After many hours in front of my laptop applying for next managerial role and after many hours travelling for interviews and then on a warm sunny afternoon I receive a phone call from Mike Harris chairman of TheNewSaints of the Welsh Premier League.

Mike: Hi David, its Mike chairman of TheNewSaints

Me: Aaah Hello Mike

Mike: After your interview couple of days me and the rest of the board have sat down and discussed who was the right man for the job and after a few hours off looking through all the profiles we came to the decision that you're the right man to take the club forward

Me: That's brilliant news, when can I start?

Mike: Does the 2nd June sound good? it will be good time to meet the players as everyone will be back getting ready for the new season.

Me: That sounds perfect with me, thank you the opportunity.

Mike: No problem we looking forward to seeing you then.

2nd of June roles around and I get up early to start my new role as manager for TheNewSaints as I turn up to the training ground I'm welcomed by Mike Harris who shows me around and to my new office he lets me gets used to my new surroundings after an hour goes by Mike comes back in to my office he said 'I've rounded up your players so you can introduce yourself to everyone' I reply saying 'Thats great I'll be there in just couple of minutes'

As I walk into main hall of the building I'm greeted by all players welcoming me to the club I ask if I can just have few minutes of everyone's time before we go out onto the field they all nodded and said 'sure gaffer' I say to everyone 'I hope you all had a good off season but now its back to business and think about the season coming up, I think we have a great chance in challenging for the title this year' captain Matty Williams responded 'Think the new boss is right we can all pull together and push for title this year' with the meeting going well its time for the players to get on to the training field preparing for pre season friendlies and the qualifying rounds of the Europa League.

View attachment 271863

Year found: 1959
Nickname: The Saints
Ground: Park Hall Stadium 3000 capacity 1000 seated
Kits: Home - Green and white strips, Away - White and Blue half and half

View attachment 271865

Our draw in the Europa League 1st and 2nd round have been made and in first round we have been drawn against Maltese side Balzan and if we was to get through we will be playing Motherwell or EB/Streymur.

As our first game of the season has been made we start to turn our focus onto Balzan with our first leg being at home it gives us that little bit of an edge to get a result comfortable to sit back before we go out to Malta for the second leg.

View attachment 271876

Through to the second qualifying round of the Europa League now our task is an impossible one were we come up against Motherwell.

View attachment 271874

After a really really terrible first leg away we fell to a 7-1 defeat at fir park just a week later I know there was no way back but I just told the lads to tighten up and hold your on and not let us leak goals like our first leg but never the less we didn't expect to get too far in Europe anyway as long as we gave it a good shot I didn't mind.

Now turning our attentions to the start of the Welsh premier League starting in just a few the bookies have made us 1-5 favourites to win the league.

View attachment 271868

View attachment 271522

End of the transfer market didn't have much going in or going out for TheNewSaints this term with two coming in and two going out
View attachment 271536

Will Antwi - Free agent coming in to strengthen our defence up abit as it seemed abit weak when I took over
View attachment 271534

Darren Thomas - Another free agent but from Caernarfon he comes in to bolster our strike force up as we had only really one stand out striker
View attachment 271533

The start of welsh premier league has been one more than expected at TheNewSaints expected to win the league and we haven't disappointed with 9 games played (7 league, 2 premier league cup) producing with 7 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat.
View attachment 271523

Sitting top of the league at the end of our first 7 games is nothing short then expected and I dont think that will change much throughout the season either.

View attachment 271066
Transfer News
Francis McCaffery joins the saints

Morris is said to be delighted to have McCaffery join his squad but does admit free agent McCaffery's role will be more of rotation player.
View attachment 271065
Results

October
A good month for the saints remain undefeated since our only lost of the season picking up 7 points from 9 (we did play four games in this month but i posted the first game in the last update)

November
This month sees us start our campgain in the Welsh cup and Semi final of the Premier League Cup, playing 3 games in the league as well we pick up another 7 points to extend our unbeaten run and remain top of the league by a margin.

December
4 games played accross december going into the new year we suffered our first defeat to rivals Bagnor City in a match we didn't really seem to turn up in, but bounced back with nice 7-3 victory over Caernarfon

View attachment 271063 View attachment 271062