A Brummys life on the road by TheVillan

TheVillan

Reaction score
---------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

This story has no fancy twist, no deep dark secrets, it will be solid storyline on the life and career of a Birmingham-bred Aston Villa fan who has completed his coaching badges and looks on to bigger things after coaching Aston Villa's youth team for a number of years, this is going to be a real project, so I hope you enjoy.
MARCUS PUGH; A NEW ROLE

..I drove through the gates, Loftus Road hadn't changed a bit, I had always admired Queens Park Rangers as a football club, their sense of togetherness and the tight, usually rammed stadium always had a great atmosphere. I couldn't believe my luck, despite believing it was impossible I was happy to even be a candidate for the vacant Q.P.R job even though I know I wasn't going to get it. As I pulled up next to the stadium, I was greeted by a frenzy of paparazzi, I was ushered through the front gate by two large men wearing suits, a slur of questions were thrown in my direction as I was yanked to and fro and finally through the front gate, phew I'd made it in...

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it.." said one of the suited men, curiously I casted a gaze in his general direction, but didn't question and laughed it off before moving to the waiting room from reception, it had Sky Sports News on the television and much to my amazement I had become front runner for the job, I was gobsmacked. Apparently favourite Andre Villas-Boas had declined a move, and Steve Bruce also denied being approached. I was stunned but before I had time to take it in, I was called into a room.. I took a very deep breath and walked towards the door, the longest ten or so steps I had ever taken, I composed myself but I could feel one bead of sweat already breaking from the group and making a break for it down my forehead. I yanked my collar away from my neck and settled myself before entering the room.

Much to my amazement, former manager Neil Warnock was sat beside Tony Fernandes, I had worked with Warnock previously, he had coached me a few times in my playing career and I had worked under him in other projects. He greeted me with a warm smile putting his hand out towards the black leather chair on the opposite side to the desk as the were sat, "Welcome, Marcus. Please, sit" he grinned. My nervousness stopped for a moment and I felt a burden lifted, I relaxed sitting comfortably in the chair, the most comfortably I'd sat since a few weeks before this interview. After a two-hour chat about how they want to move forward and how to implement this, the board rocked my world sliding in front of me a piece of paper and a pen. It was a contract, the colour drained from my face as I scowled down with it, more in confusement than real thought.

The contract read:
Marcus Richard Pugh
Full Time
£16,000 per week.
£0 transfer budget.
£825k per week wage budget.

Without even reading the smallprint I wrote my name down, I was disappointed about not having any money to spend but I was not ready to let this chance pass up, I had completed the deal and I was the new manager of Queens Park Rangers. I stood up with Mr. Fernandes and Warnock and shook both their hands, as I exited the room, my confidence was boosted as I heard Warnock and Mr. Fernandes whisper to each other, "We've got our man."

The Press Conference
QPR%2Bv%2BCoventry%2BCity%2B071.JPG

I was so nervous, I was shaking like a leaf, I had won finals, won awards, won titles and done it all but this was the most scary thing I had ever had to do, I stepped towards the door a number of men crowded around me for security reasons, which wasn't any less petrifying. A woman pointed gave me the nod as I walked through, trying not to look into the sea of faces that filled the press room here at Loftus Road. I sat down, as lot of microphones pointed in my direction.

"Before we begin, I would like to say thankyou to everyone for attending this evening and I am delighted to be the new manager of such a great successful club, some people may think you have to be local, but just becaue I can't find the nearest pub doesn't mean I can't manage this team to success and that's what I intend on doing." I was happy I had said something, but something that really did kick off the press conference. After this I fielded numerous questions, I was asked about my targets for this year in which I replied.

"That's a tough one, officially the board have told me, avoid relegation and you'll be very much safe, so I guess that's the main goal however I believe the club is big and good enough to push on for near the top half of the table, but time will tell. As for the two cups, I would love to have a real go and you will not seeing full teams being rested. I am not that type of manager." The press seemed impressed with the fakely confident answers I was giving, and I was at last out of the scrutiny as C.B.E Tony Fernandes ended the press conference by saying..

"I am delighted we have got our man, he is still young at the age of 40 and he has lots of experience with coaching and playing and we believe he is most definitely the right man to take us forward, I look forward to a long future with Mr. Pugh and believe that he is the man to take this club into the future, that's all, thankyou."

I was pumped up, my first press conference went down really well and after walking from Loftus Road into my limo with a cheeky smirk, I returned home happy and was even more happy when reading the paper in the morning who had said that I seemed a "Genuinely nice bloke" and "down-to-earth", I had won over the media, the board, Tony Fernandes and Neil Warnock.. now the hardest task yet, the players....

Thanks but you may aswell copy and paste that comment, you put it on everyone stories, wheres the story mods, isn' that classed as spam? :S

A FRESH START
20110828122_02.jpg

I had been in the job just over three days now and I hadn't had time to breath let alone sleep. I'd been constantly formulating plans and hatching ideas and I have finally decided upon my new captain after doing training with the boys a few times. I sat in my office, awaiting the arrival of club-captain Joey Barton and new full back Luke Young. As they walked through the entrance I took a deep breath, "Luke, Joey, please.. sit" I smiled. They look bemused but hesitatingly sat down.

"I've invited you in here to discuss the role with the captaincy, as you know Luke, Joey is the current club captain and I think he has done an exceptional job-" In the corner of my eye I could see the glint of cockyness appearing in Joey's, as he smirked. I was kinda happy to drop the bombshell in the end. "However... the club needs to move on and Luke you are officially the new captain of Q.P.R, Joey you will be demoted to vice-captain, good luck to the both of you, have a good pre-season, and Luke I want to go through some things with you for the way we set up next year. He was beaming with joy, as he revealed his white gnashers, Joey was disgruntled but I ushered them both out of my office before he had a time to react, I wanted him to have a think about it first.

I look forward to pre-season and I am also looking to offload players, Mackie, DJ Campbell, Faurlin all being names on the list whilst Steven Fletcher, Kevin Doyle and Mohamed Diame all look like possible Q.P.R signings if the budget is raised.

TRANSFER DEALINGS:

OUTS

0,,10373~9987968,00.jpg

-->
Youngster Hogan Ephraim leaves club to join Sheffield Wednesday on a 12 month loan. 9.7.2011
--> Heidar Helguson leaves to join Nottingham Forest on a 12 month loan for 130k 21.7.2011
--> Alejandro Faurlin hesitantly left the club for italian club Palermo for £3.6 million. 23.7.2011
--> DJ Campbell leaves to join Watford on a 12 month loan for 275k with a future fee of £1.1 million 1.8.2011
--> Despite wanting to stay, unfavoured attacking midfielder Akos Buzsaky left for £2.1 million to Cardiff 7.8.2011
--> Good winger Jamie Mackie is sold off to Sunderland for £4.8 million to raise funds to sign players. 8.8.2011

When questioned in a press conference about his transfers out for the season, Marcus Pugh said: "Well, lets just say their is a lot of dead-weight there and a lot of useful wage we could use for more valuable players. DJ Campbell is no longer in my plans with Cisse, Zamora and co and Buzsaky is just a less talented version of Adel Taraabt unfortunately so I decided to let him go and Jamie Mackie is no real loss and will raise budgets for better players. Faurlin was never in my plans either as I aimed to bring in other midfielders and with Barton, Diakite and Derry already at the club their is lots of battling for positions."

INS

--> Hugo Rodallega arrived from Wigan for a fee of £12.25 million, which smashed the current record fee. 11.8.2011
--> Mohamed Díame joined Rodallega and arrived at our club as I decided to raid them, I was delighted to reach his release clause of a mere £5.25 million, a great accusition. 11.8.2011
--> Young talented winger who could be better than Rodallega joins for free from Newcastle, Yven Molo.
--> Experienced former Madrid midfielder Guti adds to our midfield options for free and with a wage of only 5k. 21.8.2011

When questioned in a press conference about his transfers in for the season, Marcus Pugh said: "I am delighted to welcome all four of these guys to the squad, I think their all sensational players in their own right and Guti has been there, done it. He's very experienced and still technically quality. Diame is a great accusition because he is a real fighter and battler and can play naturally in central midfield or defensive midfielder and make breaks from either position, Rodallega is a player I've always been keen on and I thought that after negotiating down to a reasonable price that I should cash in on a great offer and the great signing of Molo is one for the future but he will get shots in the first team."

PRE-SEASON REPORT;
from Mark Bowen

View attachment 259478

Overall I am delighted to say I coached the side on this pre-season, they were a real joy and had some real good results. We passed with movement but obviously it's a different game in the Premier League, theres not a whole lot to say apart from despite the saga with Adel Taraabt he had a great pre-season banging in six goals.

----------------------------------------------------------
FAST FORWARD TO THE 12th AUGUST 2011

I've found myself a new house.. I've been living here for a week or so now and I'm really starting to settle in, the street I live in is a lovely neighbourhood and I hope that I can make my friends children chant when I make their team win, me and my friends that I have met from around here already have already asked for signed shirts, it's like I'm some sort of idol. I look forward to Manchester City tommorow evening despite knowing me may be doomed from the start, as City always field a highly talented side and we haven't quite blended yet so I think we might need a match or two to get into the swing of things.

--------

I hear a bell ringing as I lean back on my bed shutting the laptop after saving my online diary. My bulldog "Spyke" jumped onto the bed playfully and licked my face, I pushed him away "Spykeeee, you silly dog!" I joked pushing him away from me. I picked up my cup of tea from off the side and headed for the kitchen, Spyke tagging along behind me hoping for some extra food, I presumed. Scratching my stomach and hearing that annoying rumble made me turn my attentions straight to the kitchen, I looked into the cupboard inquisitively, Spyke looked quite interested as he stared at me begging me to pull something nice out. I shook my head, there was nothing, I yawned. I found myself thinking "I live in a house like this and I drive a Bentley and I still can't afford food, god Melissa was a pain but she was gorgeous."

--------

Melissa is my wife, we live together...? Didn't I mention that...? Oops.

I looked at my phone, a text message from Nedum Onougha. It read, "Ffs boss, legs fu*&^!, might not b able to play, ring u tommoro mornin" I slid the phone onto the side and slammed my loose fist onto it gentley in frustration, "For **** sake." If this is what football management is like, I'm in for a real treat.

-----------------------

UPDATES FOR AUGUST RESULTS SOON ;D

AUGUST RESULTS;

Premier League Matchday #1
Loftus Road vs. Manchester City (18,000)
Q.P.R 0 - 4 Manchester City
Queens+Park+Rangers+v+Manchester+City+Premier+haiW7GMcDFvl.jpg

"We were dominated from start to finish against a very good side, however I will take heart from the fact that we had a number of chances, however we failed to convert on this occassion, we press on and look forward to a hard first month in the Premier League." - Marcus Pugh

"It was a game to forget for us, we pick ourselves up and dust ourselves done ready to go for the next one." - Club Captain, Luke Young.

--------------------------------

Premier League Matchday #2
Craven Cottage vs. Fulham (25,694)
Q.P.R 1 - 3 Fulham
Hugo Rodallega
mancityfulham-788240.jpg

"A flukey result for Fulham in my opinion, Martion Jol's men had their season start much earlier and today they just looked less tierd and after our barrage of attempts missed the target, Rodallega's goal gave us a concellation. Spurs at the Lane next, we'll push on and try get the results there." - Marcus Pugh.

----------------------------

League Cup #2 Round
American Express Stadium vs. Brighton (6,526)
Q.P.R 1 - 3 Brighton
Bobby Zamora
Brighton%20and%20Hove%201.jpg

"We dominated the entirety of the game and they nicked three silly goals.. ugh don't ask..." - Marcus Pugh.

-----------------------

Premier League Matchday #3
White Hart Lane vs. Tottenham (36,310)
Q.P.R 3 - 4 Fulham
Cissé, Rodallega, Taiwo
white-hart-lane.jpg

"It's under a quarter of a year into my first job as Q.P.R manager and I was beginning to believe that I just wasn't cut out for managing, especially being 3-1 down at the break but after a rolicking the boys bounced back into action and we were very, very unfortunate not to pinch a point and despite the three losses on the bounce, I take positives from this month." - Marcus Pugh.

-;-

A POOR MONTH

SadQPRFans2_1971781c.jpg

We sit at the bottom of the league with 0 points from 3 games in my game as management, I turn the newspaper to the back page where it says in big bold black letters "FANS WANT PUGH'S HEAD." I sigh placing the newspaper back down onto the table, my girlfriend Melissa heres this striding in from the kitchen placing down a plate of Mcvities biscuits on the coffee table and a cup of tea next to it. "Thanks bab." I say looking up at her, she smiles and massages my back. "What's wrong honey?" I hesitate but then tell her, she may not know the answer but she may know a way to make it better. "Argh, it's the fans, there asking for my head just three games into the new season." Again, I looked down at the picture of my disappointed face in the tabloid, which seemed to mirror my current state of mind.

"I've tried everything any other manager would, after studying all the greats I should be able to deal with it." I said feeling sorry for myself. Melissa then stopped massaging me and swivelled me round to face her. "Well that's just it Mark, you're trying to use the tactics and strategies of other people. Think outside the box and show them Mark Pugh's techniques, not José Mourinho's." I went to reply patronisingly, but realising what she had just said had been the most sensible (and intellectually correct) things she had ever said. "That's it!" I beamed, I scurried into my little room in our new house and began work, she smiled "Glad to help."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH; TAIWO
article-2091208-11700DBF000005DC-795_468x286.jpg

This guy has had a great opening to his season, despite the rest of the back five playing completely incompetently, I realised that Taiwo was the one strong point and once his loan finishes at the end of the year, I am already keen on making him my new left back.

AUGUST RESULTS;
The Fightback

Premier League Matchday #4
Loftus Road vs. Wigan Athletic (18,016)
Q.P.R 3 - 0 Wigan Athletic
Cisse, Rodallega, Diame
Hugo-Rodallega-Wigan-v-Su-001.jpg

"Cisse gave us the lead with a lovely finish and Rodallega scored against his old club. I think this gave us a cushion and this is now a platform to build on, everyone was sensational today. Really great stuff from the guys." - Marcus Pugh

"I knew he was the right man for the job since day one and we've finally found that winning mentality and we go to St. James' next so we need to be this good to take some points from that game as well. Rodallega and Diame were sensational despite being against their old club, they were very professional." - Luke Young.

followusontwitter.jpg

@RealRodallega tweeted "gr8 result, despite bein against old club we needed a win but i wish wigan the best of luck, @MohamedDiame1 ur goal was a #FLUKE"

@MohamedDiame1 tweeted "scored a screama n 1st 4 qpr, 2 bad it had 2 b against wigan, gd times, #UPMARCUSPUGH"

--------------------------------------------

Premier League Matchday #5
St. James' Park vs. Newcastle (50,201)
Q.P.R 4 - 1 Newcastle
Rodallega x2, Cisse, Tamas Kadar o.g.
Hugo-Rodallega-Wigan-Athl-001.jpg

*pictured above, Hugo Rodallega celebrating his second at St. James'

"Oh he's been sensational since joining the club banging in goals, three already this month and he's taking all the plaudits from Cisse who's scoring regularly now aswell and I look forward to our last game of the month back at home against Villa and we could make it a 100 percent month, but we've done sensational and we'll be pleased tonight to win here away and against such an excellent side."
- Marcus Pugh.

"I am delighted to score whenever, but to score two away makes me a very happy man and I have settled well here at Q.P.R." - Hugo Rodallega

--------------------------------------------

RODALLEGA ROCKETS SEE OFF NEWCASTLE
alan_pardew_758101.jpg

*Pictured above, Alan Pardew gutted after the thumping at home against Q.P.R.

A sensational result for a mediocre side? No. A sensational result for a great young side oozing with confidence. They thump seven goals in, in two games, averaging over two goals an hour. They have a good young manager who after the unfortunate results last month is finally starting to get in to touch with the management lark after coaching youth sides so long. However, he still has a lot to prove and I think he can really prove a point if he beats Aston Villa at home for the last game of the month. They have been dominant and Rodallega and Cisse have proved a lethal partnership and the aquisition of Diame looks a better and better buy by the game and I think they really have potential to grow this side if they can possibly get some money in January I don't see why they won't stay in the league.

Newcastle however have had a torrid time and now they are scratching their heads about the problem, interview with Mike Ashley within the next 24 hours for you.

----------------------------------------------------------

Premier League Matchday #6
Loftus Road vs. Aston Villa (15,779)
Q.P.R 2 - 1 Aston Villa
Barton, Cisse.
QPR%20Joey%20barton.jpg

"Joey has had a solid disciplined season ever since I dropped him from the captaincy and it's seemed to drop some pressure off him because he has been more of a leader recently than ever before, we look fluent upfront and I was very happy to Cisse again get on the scoresheet to bang us in to October with a 9 and out 9 points from the month. I do love Aston Villa but it was sweet beating them, and I hope they won't hate me for this, and maybe someday in the future if the oppurtunity arrises I could maybe take on the Aston Villa job but I am very happy here at Q.P.R." - Marcus Pugh.

"The gaffer has really shown me the way, I've been as disciplined as I could have so far this season and I will go on to do that and hopefully build a good career here at Q.P.R" - Joey Barton.

---------------------------------------------
THE SWEET SMELL OF SUCCESS

2130,xcitefun-1-braziladriana-lima.jpg

I sat comfortably on my sofa, happily watching replays of our games every few hours to give me another smile, reading papers and looking at articles about me nd comparisons to Mourinho already and I smile. I reflect upon a sensational month with 9 points out of 9 and I couldn't be happier, the squad have been sensational, I've met lots of new friends, I actually met David Beckham.. what the ****.

Life feels sweet when your winning, September has been a great month for me when I look back at it and I hope I can continue this run up because when you have this feeling you never want it too end, this time last month I had hate mail, and now I have fan mail, I hope I can keep up this run, not for myself but for the board who have entrusted me and the fans who come and watch everyweek. I can now relax tonight and have a day off tommorow for the break. Ahh, early night.

My wife Melissa steps from behind the door with just a towel on, "I've got san grea, an awful film and a mystery box.." She grinned at me, then winked. I was so choked I just nodded my head, guess I'm not having an early night after all, ah well. I love life, don't you?

----------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH; HUGO RODALLEGA (3 IN 3 GAMES)
Hugo-Rodallega.jpg

He had been ****** unstoppable, he's fast, ferocious, win's tackles, tracks back, can play on either wing or up front and is a real credit to centre forwards, a great signing, money well spent and I know he can carry this on in to next month, must give Cisse a shout, aswell as Diame again as they both had awesome months.

View attachment 259625

NEXT UPDATE NEXT MONH;D COMMENT + TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK,
THEVILLAN.

OCTOBER NEWS

--> MARCUS PUGH WINS MANAGER OF THE MONTH.
--> TAIWO WINS PLAYER OF THE MONTH.

OCTOBER RESULTS

Premier League Matchday #7
Goodison Park vs. Everton (29,685)
Q.P.R 0 - 0 Everton

"Despite not picking up the three points, at the end of the day you've got to look at the result away from home, against a very well organised side by David Moyes and remember we got a clean sheet and a good point and we'll take that this afternoon." - Marcus Pugh

Premier League Matchday #8
Loftus Road vs. Stoke City(18,200)
Q.P.R 4 - 1 Stoke City
Hugo Rodallega x4
Hugo+Rodallega+Wigan+Athletic+v+Manchester+vLyXrSCgBzNl.jpg

"Hugo Rodallega is having an absolute storming season and he's banging in goals left right and centre, it's great for the club, morale and himself. A one man game today, unstoppable, Stoke won't know what hit them." - Marcus Pugh

"I think it's a sensaaational signing from Marcus, he's bought the guy for a big sum of money and he's definitely delivered, Diame and Guti also both regulars in the side, Guti for free and Diame for 5mil? A sensational start, it really is." - Alan Hansen

Premier League Matchday #9
Molineaux vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers (29,995)
Q.P.R 3 - 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Hugo Rodallega, Federico Macheda x2
03macheda.jpg

"I am very happy again to come away with a very positive result from a tough place to go with 30,000 people in orange starng at you, it's very hard, I know Wolves well and I'm very happy with had a great performance and managed to get the victory aswell, Federico Macheda was unstoppable on his debut due to the injuries to both Bothroyd and Zamora. I look forward to see moring from the Italian." - Marcus Pugh

"I am delighted to come off the bench and score two goals, yes. But I am more pleased that the team got the three points we deserved overall. I want to carry on playing and push for a first team spot." - Federico Macheda

Premier League Matchday #10
Loftus Road vs. Norwich (18,200)
Q.P.R 4 - 0 Norwich
Hugo Rodallega x2, Guti, Cisse

Aston+Villa+v+Queens+Park+Rangers+Premier+1CRcxWwc95ol.jpg

"No prizes for guessing who scored at home in the romp against Norwich, Hugo Rodallega popped up again with two, I was delighted at the fact he keeps piling the goals in. Guti scored a sensational volley set up by the ever present Taiwo, and his opposite full back, and club captain Luke Young tee'd up Cisse to pelt the ball past a sprawling John Ruddy. I'm delighted, we need lots of points from this month going into next month and we have get them, Chelsea, United at Old Trafford and Arsenal at the Emirates await." - Marcus Pugh

-------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH; HUGO RODALLEGA (7 GOALS IN 4 GAMES)
Hugo+Rodallega_137480127.jpg

This guy from strength to strength, one of the best players in this league at the moment and if he keeps firing them in, he'll be on the radars of big clubs for January, already!

NOVEMBER NEWS

--> RODALLEGA WINS PLAYER OF THE MONTH.

---------------------------------------------------------------
A TRIP TO OLD TRAFFORD
old_trafford.jpg

I entered the majestic stadium off our mediocre team bs, I was silent, not in respect but in awe. I had visited Old Trafford many a time as part of a coaching team and as a player but I had never put my managerial skills to the test at Old Trafford. It was huge and their was lots of hype about the match, despite United starting well like always, they haven't been their usual self and I think that is favourable to us.

"Oi Gaffer, you gonna go in or you gonna stand outside all day?" Cisse joked as I stood in the doorway looking vertically up at the huge structure. "Ahh, your dropped to the bench, Djibril." I laughed, his face wasn't so much laughing out of fun but out of relief that I was joking. The magnificent stadium stood in all it's glory slap bang in Manchester, right by the Cricket wicket. This was a game I looked forward to in my coaching career, just because of the sheer size and quality of Old Trafford but maninly because of the supporters atmospere.

------------------------------------------

OCTOBER RESULTS

Premier League Matchday #11
Old Trafford vs. Manchester United (74,780)
Q.P.R 0 - 2 Manchester United

2545545054-08042012154324.jpg

"Manchester showed today, why they are Champions. We did well against they and I feel if we could have converted some of the early spells of dominance and efforts into goals then we could have got more from the game but unforunately it wasn't to be, we dust ourselves down and prepare to go again when Chelsea visit." - Marcus Pugh.

Premier League Matchday #12
Loftus Road vs. Chelsea (18,200)
Q.P.R 1 - 2 Chelsea
Cisse
frank-lampard.jpg

"Despite the result, a solid performance, Cisse got his name on the scoresheet again, but Lampard managed to seal Chelsea's win. A good performance from the lads, nonetheless, and we end this nightmare month away to Arsenal. Wish us luck." - Marcus Pugh
followusontwitter.jpg

@FLampard8 tweeted "gr8 result against a gr8 side, #UPMARCUSPUGH #UPDIMATTEO
@AntonFerdinandQPR tweeted "unfortunate at old traford n close @ home against chelsea, bring on THE GUNNERS"

-------------------------

Premier League Matchday #13
The Emirates vs. Arsenal (60,361)
Q.P.R 3 - 2 Arsenal
Hugo Rodallega x2, Taye Taiwo.
482-1.jpg

*Above, Taiwo celbrating his penalty against Arsenal.

"I am absolutely over the moon, we have been absolutely sensational, every single one of us have been special today as we travel away to the Emirates and come back with a mammoth result against 2nd in the league. We would have been very happy to draw all of three games this month, and basically we've done that by winning one and getting three points on the board, Rodallega scored a great brace again as he continues scoring for fun and Taiwo tucked away a magnificent penalty. I am really delighted and I can't wait for December."
- Marcus Pugh.

"I am just happy to be a regular in the team and to be here on loan from A.C. Milan is awesome, I hope I can make the deal permanent as I think Marcus really has something here." - Taye Taiwo after his winner against Arsenal.
-
-------------------------------------------
COLOMBIAN CRUCIFIES GUNNERS
Arsene-Wenger-001.jpg

Wenger grimaces as Arsenal are beaten by travelling Q.P.R.

Arsene Wenger will have a tough time getting himself out of bed this morning as Arsenal slumped after drawing away at Man City, to a home loss against Queens Park Rangers. Q.P.R have overchieved this year by miles under new manager Marcus Pugh and aswell as that Pugh's first signing Rodallega has been a star buy, and he rose to new levels today as he netted twice to sink The Gunners.

Q.P.R found the lead within ten minutes through Rodallega, who then doubled the teams lead on 23 minutes with a beautiful finish into the corner. Q.P.R were then found vulnerable at the back, as just a minute after the second came, Arsenal's first came through Mikel Arteta. Q.P.R then managed to weather the storm and nick their third when experienced Spaiard Guti made a break into the opposition penalty area and was chopped down by Johan Djourou. Left full back Taye Taiwo who had already converted a penalty this season stepped up and made the lead back to two. Chamakh was gifted a goal on 65-minutes to make the last 25 anxious but Q.P.R held out for a famous 3 - 2 victory at the Emirates.

Johan Djorou got himelf sent off after a second yellow card after bringing down a clean-through Cisse in the 90th, Taiwo is also suspended for the next match following a lot of yellow cards.
-
-----------------------------------------------
PLAYER OF THE MONTH; NEDUM ONUHA
nedum-onuoha-image-1-8449041.jpg

You may think we conceded a lot this month but not that many due to this guy, he's been sensational every single game, stopping everything in his path, a real class act. (Taiwo should have got it but though I'd spread round a bit ;) )

-----------------------------------------------
THE LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 259740