Reaction score
images

Hello im Milly Clode and welcome to Skysports news this morning . We will cross straight to Chris Kamara at Gawthorpe Hall (burnleys training ground) at the breaking news that Brian Laws is sacked !

images

[QUOTE]Yeah , Morning Everybody , well with Burnley Sitting 18th halfway through October its no real suprise to me , Chairman Barry Kilby wants them to achieve promotion this season and Brian has simply not got them performing. No word from Barry yet who he wants to appiont but erm .. oh yeah here's Russell Wilcox who will be taking training for the rest of the week and the match at the majeski this weekend.
Thats all i gathered up to now , come back to me later Milly. [/QUOTE]

images

Thanks Chris.

images

Next Burnley Manager :
Paul Jewell 3/1 (fav)
Alan Curbishley 5/1
Keith Hill 7-1
Russell Wilcox 12-1
Gordon Strachan 16-1

images

images

Curbishley Appointed New Clarets Manager .

Alan Curbishley the 53 year old ex-Charlton and West Ham manager has today took Over the Unachieving Burnley team who are lying 18th on the table .

[QUOTE]I'm really pleased to be here , I'm hoping this team can gain promotion this season there defanitley good enough , its just wheather we can perform well enough . Russell is taking charge of this weekends game against Reading and i will take my first training session this Monday (18th october 2010)[/QUOTE]

i started unemployed and got offered the Burnley job on the 15th october 1 day before reading so i asked assistant to pick the team for that game and we got beat 1-0 to a 89th minute goal .
im doing well so i thought it would be a good story
im new to writing stories so assistance would be nice.

First Training Session :
images

I Told the boys if they wanted to get back in the premier league hard work and commitment was needed i told them that was lacking on Saturday and we were completly outplayed and were lucky to keep it at 1-0 .

Note : this is a edited database with 8 regional cups replacing all cups except the fa cup.

The games before i took over :

Won 3-1 at home to Notts Forest (league)
Lost 1-0 at at Leeds (leaugue)
Lost 3-2 at Everton (nwc)
Won 1-0 at home to Barnsley(league)
Drew 1-1 at at Boro(league)
Drew 1-1 at home to Bury(nwc)
Drew 0-0 away at Sheff utd (league)
Lost 3-2 at home to Millwall(league)
Lost 2-0 away at Ipswich(league)
won 3-1 away at Chester (nwc)
won 3-0 at home to Coventry(league)
Lost 3-2 away at Bristol city(league)
Lost 3-1 at home to Preston(league)
Won 2-0 at home to Doncaster(league)

Then Laws got sacked and i got offered the job...
as you can see a mixed bag of results ^

Burnley 1 -1 Everton
Nwc
Fellani 22,Eagles 48.
images

Curbishley's comments :
Well its a positive start for us i thought today we really deserved to win , but we can build on that.
View attachment 126544

Hey,
Just finished my first season with Burnley, placed 1st and currently searching for transfer targets.
What's the formation you're using and what's your first team line-up? very interested in this story, definately following!

Hey,
Just finished my first season with Burnley, placed 1st and currently searching for transfer targets.
What's the formation you're using and what's your first team line-up? very interested in this story, definately following!

im up to january on the game and will do an update soon , and ill say what im using then :)

After the Everton game i felt a renewed sense of ergency , that these boys now believed that they can get promoted .

Cardiff 1 - 3 Burnley
Alexander 18 , Bellamy 21 , Bikey 32 , Eagles 59
images

The unity of these boys after the Everton game has been unreal , it was a great away win a 2nd placed Cardiff.

I told the boys what a great win that was and how vital
that win could be if we could get up the top by
the end of the season .

Burnley 0 - 3 Swansea
Dobbie 60 , Pratley 68 , Dobbie 90
images

This game ****** me off we dominated the first half they counter
attacked got their 1st goal we started arguing and
they ran away with it , we arent going to dwell on
this though .
View attachment 127459

Bury 0 - 5 Burnley
Iwelumo 34 , Paterson 48 + 53 , Bikey 81 , Iwelumo 90
images

Yes there a league two side but it was a perfect
way to bouce back from embarrasment .
View attachment 127460

Scunthorpe 2 - 2 Burnley
Wallace 24 ,Brandy 54, Thompson 73 , Iwelumo 86
images

Well another game that ****** me off
we should have won .
But Chris Iwelumo is performing well and thats pleasing .
View attachment 127461

Derby 2 - 3 Burnley
Fox 8 , Paterson 34 , Randall 43 , Barker 66, Bywater og 89 .
images

Yes we won , but we should never be giving 2 goal leads away .

View attachment 127462

Burnley 2 - 1 Portsmouth
Wallace 43, Paterson 70 , Brown 86
9k=

A good pleasing win for us today !

Last edited:
good stuff mate!
can't help but feel you underline things too much.
also how are you 4th in your sig, but you've won 2 league games, having taken them over when they were 18th? :S
still, it's a good story.

good stuff mate!
can't help but feel you underline things too much.
also how are you 4th in your sig, but you've won 2 league games, having taken them over when they were 18th? :S
still, it's a good story.

im futher ahead than this quite a bit futher on :p

Any updates coming soon? :p

Still can't believe you're playing Alexander, technically and mentally a decent player, but physically he's just horrible. He hasn't played a second under my control, not even in a friendly :p