Direttore

Reaction score

As the SerieA clubs have lost their position in european football, the stars of the league are jumping ship.
As Juventus have finished their new arena and arecoming back stronger than in a long time, both of the Milano clubs are selling players best they can to keep the economic side of things intact.

With sales of both of A.C. Milan biggest stars, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva, the fans are outraged at the lack of initiative from the owners and trainers.
With nostalgia deeply rooted in their hearts and tears in their eyes, they cannot believe that their beloved have fallen so low in the pecking order as to sell to a french club.

Manager Massimiliano Allegri fights the critique by blaming Berlusconi for not wanting to use his money for the clubs best.
Not wanting to fall in the eyes of the supporters, Berlusconi decides to get rid of Allegri and bring in someone who he thinks will improve his image instead.
In steps Lorenzo Palladino who has been working as a youth coach for A.C. Milans younger boys teams for a few years.
Lacking experience is not something that scares Berlusconi who says:
"What Palladino may lack in experience, he makes up for in both passion and character".

Not being known as the brightest of football brains, Berlusconi's decision is widely questioned in Italian media who says it's a gamble with low chances of success.

Lorenzo Palladino - New A.C. Milan Manager

L. Palladino:
I'm happy to be here today on my first day at my new job. Never would I have guessed that my dreams would come true this early in my life. To be the manager of A.C. Milan is a great honour and I hope that the feeling will be mutual someday, when I've proven myself worthy of the task.

Reporter: What will your first course of action be at the helm?

L.Palladino: The first thing I will look at is the squad of course. I've heard from the higher ups that there are some concern about the attitude of some players that is deemed to infect the whole squad. I'm about to weed them out and start to create a new atmosphere of possibilities in the club. We're not sinking, we are going to rise once more.

Reporter: Many have criticized the decision to give you this job, mostly due to lack in experience, what are your thoughts on that?

L. Palladino: I'm not the one who hired me, that was not my decision. I have complete faith in my own capabilities, otherwise I would've declined the job offer. This club is something I love very much, I would never want to see it in shame. I have a very competent team of coaches around me and I will look in to bringing in some new faces there as well. There will be no lack of experience in the coaching staff I can assure you.

Arrivederci Robinho!

Today it was confirmed that A.C. Milan had accepted a €25M bid from Arsenal for Brazilian striker Robinho.
With only his medical standing between him and a return to Premier League football, we can all look forward to seeing the technically gifted player show off his skills in the London club.
Milan's new manager have recently made clear that Robinho was never part of his plans and that the added large transfer sum made selling him a priority to free up som capital for new players.

Some of our Milano sources have told us that Kevin Prince Boateng is also looking to leave and that he's met with PSG representatives in Paris earlier this week.

Transfers

We started out the transfer window by selling off Robinho and Boateng, fetching some good money enabling us to buy as many players as we did. Initially we had a very low budget.
As I intend to play a 4-3-2-1 line-up and occasionally a 4-4-2 with offensive wingers, I needed many offensive players to rotate with. Therefore, after selling Robinho and loaning out Niang, I decided to bring in Ibarbo as a rotational player as well as Waris Majeed and Viktor Fischer as future prospects looking to get some good time in the first team already this season.
I got some cheap players from Scandinavia as well, filling out some of the defensive positions. Both Jores Okore and Stefan Strandberg seems to have a lot of talent in them. So does Giuseppe Bellusci who came in from Catania to directly replace Mario Yepes at the back.
Giacomo Bonaventura is a player I really like as he is very very versatile, able to play in any midfield position.
The biggest signing though was Davide Santon, coming from Newcastle at a price of €16M I expect him to make his mark already this season.

Pre-Season

The pre-season games was nothing to write home about. We did what we were supposed to do against weaker opponents, with some dull draws inbetween the wins.
The game against Juventus brought a little more happiness out of me even though they played with some of their reserve players.
So far Strandberg, Bellusci and Pazzini have impressed the most and got the most out of the friendlies. Making me wonder if both Strandberg and Bellusci should get the chance in the beginning of the league, to show me what they can accomplish togehter. I'm not a big fan of Mexés but I wasn't able to sell him as he sits on a terribly large salary.

Looks nice. Transfers were almost similar to what I usually do as Milan. Especially Okore, Belluschi and Bonaventura.

Mexes can be sold if you offer him on 8m deal over 48 months. PSG usually then snap him up.

Looks nice. Transfers were almost similar to what I usually do as Milan. Especially Okore, Belluschi and Bonaventura.

Mexes can be sold if you offer him on 8m deal over 48 months. PSG usually then snap him up.

Unfortunately I can't sell him on a money over time deal as it would do me no good. Only reason I'd sell him is to be able to get a substitute for him. I'd like to get a "finished" defender, not just youngsters who'll be at their best in years. =)

Unfortunately I can't sell him on a money over time deal as it would do me no good. Only reason I'd sell him is to be able to get a substitute for him. I'd like to get a "finished" defender, not just youngsters who'll be at their best in years. =)

Oh yea I understand. Still some of that money would be given to you straight away so if you also decide to sell Flamini ( I could only get 4m from Dinamo Moskow ) you could perhaps afford Davide Astori who is my usual signing to take the leading defender role.

I am following this story for sure, don't end up too soon with it!

Forza Rossoneri :D

Champions League Draw

Champions League draws pit A.C. Milan against Celtic, Braga and Spartak Moscow.

L.Palladino: I feel like it was a good draw for us, and we should be able to advance. There were some real landmines in this years draw that I'm glad we avoided. With Manchester City and Dortmund, among others, were seeded late.
If I had to choose I'd say that this years "Group of Death" would be Group G with Dortmund, Porto, Valencia and Lille. A real tough group full of teams that know how to win competitions.

A.C. Milan have many icons who've won Champions League with the team. Will there be new ones born during this year's competition?

Haha! Yes it is, just took a picture I liked.
It's Robert De Niro, he's awesome. It's a cool picture too. Anyways, good luck with the save and great eye signing Jones Okore. Try and get Neal Maupay, Zakaria B something and Ryan Gauld to make some money in a season if your still playing this save. For potential try Kurt Zouma but he is pricey. The three youngsters are all approach to sign

It's Robert De Niro, he's awesome. It's a cool picture too. Anyways, good luck with the save and great eye signing Jones Okore. Try and get Neal Maupay, Zakaria B something and Ryan Gauld to make some money in a season if your still playing this save. For potential try Kurt Zouma but he is pricey. The three youngsters are all approach to sign

The transfer window has closed and I'm out of cash. I will send some scouts to keep my eyes on the players you mentioned though.
Thanks for the comments!

August & September

A.C. Milan 3 - 1 Siena
Giampaolo Pazzini (23)
Erjon Bogdani (45+2)
Mario Balotelli (56, 75)

Roma 1 - 1 A.C. Milan
Rodrigo Taddei (52)
Giampaolo Pazzini (90+1)

A.C. Milan 1 - 2 Sampdoria
Victor Ibarbo (3)
Mauro Icardi (15, 42)

Palermo 0 - 0 A.C. Milan

Torino 0 - 3 A.C. Milan
Giampaolo Pazzini (9)
Amine Chermiti Second Yellow Card (10)
Mario Balotelli (24)
Stephan El Shaarawy (50)

Words From The Manager

Our league start this year was neither great nor terrible.
Losing against Sampdoria was a real kick in the teeth as they are not a very strong team and the game against us was the only one they won this month. Lackluster finishing in this game, as well as against Palermo lost us 5 much needed points in this early period. Luckily the league is really competative and with no teams getting all wins we are not too far behind.

Jores Okore is my pick of the players for this period. He has put in some solid defending in the beginning of his italian career.

Celtic 2 - 1 A.C. Milan
Gary Hooper (49)
Mario Balotelli(Pen 51)
Nigel de Jong Second Yellow Card (72)
Joe Ledley (85)

Words From The Manager

I'm not very happy about how this turned out as I actually thought we would be able to win all games in the group. Sure it was away from home and Celtic are good at Celtic Park, but still. The same probably goes for when we're flying to Russia to play our game there. Keeping our hopes up though, this is far from the end and we will make sure to give them a proper welcome when they come visit us for a re-match.

The transfer window has closed and I'm out of cash. I will send some scouts to keep my eyes on the players you mentioned though.
Thanks for the comments!
No worries, tough luck in the league, the hot streak will come.

October

A.C. Milan 4 - 1 Fiorentina
Víctor Ibarbo (20)
Waris Majeed (29)
Bojan (40, 58)

Chievo 0 - 0 A.C. Milan
Felipe Seymour Red Card (69)

A.C. Milan 3 - 0 Cagliari
Stephan El Shaarawy (Pen 9)
Bojan (Pen 80)
Waris Majeed (90+3)

Words Of The Manager

We started off strong against Fiorentina with a sturdy defense and lethal precision infront of goal.
Loan player Bojan got his first two Serie A goals and were by far the best player in the game as he also aided his team mates with an assist and overall good passing skills.
The next game proved to be a bit harder when we, even with one player more for the last 20 minutes, failed to take controll of a game where the Chievo defenders fought to their very last breath.
Balotelli has proven that if he has a bad day, he really has a bad day, with some attitude problems as well frowning on the field destroying the moral of some of the younger players. I will need to have a talk with him if this keeps up.
The game against Cagliari was never any contest. We were a bit weak in front of goal but that was no problem as their sloppy defenders conceded three penalties, two of which we scored on. Balotelli missed his and reacted very badly, having a terrible game after that.
A good win though and a pretty decent month of league games. We have to get better against defending sides like Chievo, when we're travelling. Hopefully that'll come as I have spent some more time with the guys and everyone has settled more. Many new player's acclimation to take in consideration.

League Table

A.C. Milan 2 - 0 Spartak Moscow
Giampaolo Pazzini (45+1)
Artem Rebrow O.G (90)

A.C. Milan 4 - 0 Braga
Bojan(48)
Stephan El Shaarawy (59, 86)
Mario Balotelli (79)

El Faraone shows A.C. Milan the way towards Champions League qualification

Words Of The Manager

Two solid wins as we played home in the Champions League. Neither the Russians nor the Portuguese put up much of a fight. "Il Faraone" played terrifically in the game against Braga with two goals and two assists, while Bojan and Balotelli did well to pick one each. Danish winger Viktor Fischer played the whole game on the left wing but never managed anything spectacular, playing rather poorly. It's good to get him some experience though, as we still managed to win the game comfortably.
Danish Jores Okore and Norweigan Stefan Strandberg played together in the both central defender positions and have done really well this whole month. I'm sensing something big coming from them.

Champions League Group H