A challange in lower leauge management

Mugabe

Reaction score
Hi

I have a challenge for you :)
I have started about 30 saves with Bradford PA in Conference North but cannot seem to obtain success.
I have tried a nuber of tactics and mentalities but without any luck.
It almost goes the same every time I start a new save. I win a fair share of the first 10 matches which brings me in the top 5 but then my team starts to play really badly and I always end at the lower end and half the times in relegation at the end of the season. To me it seems to be a tactical problem but I simply cannot crack the code.
My team plays well at first. Players are playing well, making the "right" decissions on when to press when to fall back, when to pass long when to pass short or shoot, but to me it seems that as the team gets to know my tactic(s) better their performance drops.

My challenge to you is therefore to start a save with Bradford PA and play it as Lower League Management and see if you can end up at the higher end of table after the first season.
And if you succeed please let me in on your secret :)
Please document your success as follows.
- Which signings did you make.
- What tactic(s) and mentalities are you using - please be very specific.
- If you do anything else that you have found to be significant to your success please add that to your documentation as well.

That is my challenge to you and I hope that you will find it interesting to try and meet it.

Good luck and I look forward to hearing about your success :)

Last edited:
From another LLM point of view (currently with 5th season with Maidstone and currently in league 2), I find that having a couple of different tactics helps, as the AI does seem to learn your tactic & how to counter/negate it.

Signings wise, I tend to see where my weak spots are in the team and find free signings to fit in there. Getting the board to setup a loan agreement with a bigger team helps as you can take on some good players on loan.

I've had some success with 5230 park the bus and the 4222 brazil samba formation. Currently using the chinese 3-4-3 formation/tactic which only really started to come together late in my last season and seems to be working really effectively at the mo. I find planning ahead for a potential new tactic helps to as you can retrain players/roles over time to suit it.

Will try Bradford PA as a save on my laptop soon - I'll see how I get on!

Mark

Last edited:
From another LLM point of view (currently with 5th season with Maidstone and currently in league 2), I find that having a couple of different tactics helps, as the AI does seem to learn your tactic & how to counter/negate it.

Signings wise, I tend to see where my weak spots are in the team and find free signings to fit in there. Getting the board to setup a loan agreement with a bigger team helps as you can take on some good players on loan.

Hi Mark
Thank you for accepting my challenge and for your tips :)
Do you have any idea as to why my players seem to perform well in the first 10 games but then perform worse after that? It is the same at every save I have started.

Hope to hear from you soon.
/Jacob

There could be a number of reasons for it although most likely i think is the AI managers sussing out the way you play.

It's the 10 games in that gives it away.

LLM is a challenge in itself, but on a first season I would have one tactic trained and ready for start of season with one more being developed ready for introduction by game 10.

For example, I took Borehamwood in my first save, had a 4123 set up, started season OK but game 7 i introduced a 4231as a more attacking option. We had been traing it for a few weeks and over a few games i switched to it when needed during a game.
By game 10 or 11 competent enough to use as starting line up. I then started training a 4141 more defensive tactic to hold a lead and again, by christmas were competent enought to start with the formation. I have kept pretty much the same set up going for three seasons.

One of the LLM challenges is the lack of scouting range. So I rarely bring in new players in first season. This can make it difficult to develop a particular tactic, but sart with whatever gets all your best plagers on the field together, that is you core tactic, depending on that i would then develop a defensive set up followed by an attacking tactic.
It will take pretty much a whole season but gives options and also i find it helps when scouting as u areonly looking for players that fit the systems u have already.

A decent squad of 22-25 players should cover every position for 3 thought out tactics with minimul subs required to switch during games.

Going from 4123 to 4231 maybe only needs on sub - DM for AMC unless u have versatile midfielders. 4123 to 4141 doesn't need any as your wide AML/R can usually cover as ML/R as well.

If u can change regularly, you will keep the AI guessing and I am sure your results will improve.