A challenge for all the tactic creators out there - Manchester United

united762000

Reaction score
After watching Manchester United today it is clear that Sir Alex is in the process of once again re building Manchester United. Ferguson has consistently re built his sides over the years and has changed tactics as the game has progressed. In the early 90's he moved from 4-4-2 to a 4-4-1-1 with Eric Cantona the first real Trequatista in the Premier league. He then addapted a 4-2-4 (assymetric) formation with Yorke,Cole, Giggs and Beckham. He then addapted this to a 4-3-3/4-5-1 with Rooney and Ronaldo as the 2 key plaers in the side. Todays formation interested me as considering United plaed with 3 recognised strikers none of them actually played in the striker role. The midfield was interesting with 3 of United's more creative midfielders playing and the main ball winner indeed seemed to be Wane Rooney. So I was just wondering if the likes of Raikan, TBH etc could put together a formation that would replicate United's style today? I think using tactic creator would be more effective than classic tactics for this type of tactcic

After watching Manchester United today it is clear that Sir Alex is in the process of once again re building Manchester United. Ferguson has consistently re built his sides over the years and has changed tactics as the game has progressed. In the early 90's he moved from 4-4-2 to a 4-4-1-1 with Eric Cantona the first real Trequatista in the Premier league. He then addapted a 4-2-4 (assymetric) formation with Yorke,Cole, Giggs and Beckham. He then addapted this to a 4-3-3/4-5-1 with Rooney and Ronaldo as the 2 key plaers in the side. Todays formation interested me as considering United plaed with 3 recognised strikers none of them actually played in the striker role. The midfield was interesting with 3 of United's more creative midfielders playing and the main ball winner indeed seemed to be Wane Rooney. So I was just wondering if the likes of Raikan, TBH etc could put together a formation that would replicate United's style today? I think using tactic creator would be more effective than classic tactics for this type of tactcic

I had planned to when the beta was out, though it should be mentioned that United started today with a 4-4-2 diamond, before changing to a 4-5-1 shape. The general shape has been 4-2-3-1 beforehand, and you'd ideally start with the TC.

Raikan and TBH might make one now (though I believe TBH is already doing her last set before FM13) but I have real intention on doing any tactics before the beta of FM13 is launched

On it already my friend :) I like the formation used and the style of football we played! was great to watch at most times! Evra actually had a good game for once!

This is what its looking like at the moment.. this is the first friendly of the season, like 3 days after starting a new save :) so not looking bad at all so far!!!

View attachment 278201View attachment 278202

I forgot:

challenge-accepted.jpg

On it already my friend :) I like the formation used and the style of football we played! was great to watch at most times! Evra actually had a good game for once!

This is what its looking like at the moment.. this is the first friendly of the season, like 3 days after starting a new save :) so not looking bad at all so far!!!

where would you play young nani or any kind of winger

where would you play young nani or any kind of winger

selling him to Chelsea for £20m :)

Valencia back up as right back!

Young can play Striker or Attacking mid perfectly well!

Kagawa is perfect for the wider AMC positions as well as Young!

selling him to Chelsea for £20m :)

Valencia back up as right back!

Young can play Striker or Attacking mid perfectly well!

Kagawa is perfect for the wider AMC positions as well as Young!

how the **** did you do that the best i have ever got for nani was 13m to porto in the new update can valencia play rb?

how the **** did you do that the best i have ever got for nani was 13m to porto in the new update can valencia play rb?

they offered me £13m I said I wanted £24m (split like 12/12) they then said £16m then I said £20m (10m/10m) and they accepted..

I guess I honestly just have a knack for negotiating and getting good prices for players.. no one can beleive it hahahaha!

I got Hamsik for £10m plus Mechada :p

they offered me £13m I said I wanted £24m (split like 12/12) they then said £16m then I said £20m (10m/10m) and they accepted..

I guess I honestly just have a knack for negotiating and getting good prices for players.. no one can beleive it hahahaha!

I got Hamsik for £10m plus Mechada :p

are you sure you are not the spurs chairman cos he seems to get good deals aswell

RELEASE THE TACTIKRAKEN!! :)

Was gonna start one last new save before FM13, I'd really like to try this tactic out with United!

Heheheh seriously though release it pleaaaaase :) I've JUST started a new save and I'd like to plug it in right now! At least as you continue to tweak it, you can re-release it when you're satisfied and hopefully by then it'll be ready to use too :D

Yay thanks! Honoured that I had something to do with the tactic title, somewhat. :p

I thought you might be working on one. I started working on one as well and it is pretty similar except instead of a striker central i played him striker right as inside forward. Much similar to how RVP played aginst Newcastle. I thought Rooney had an excellent game in his new role and your right it was good to see Evra have a good game. He hasn't played well in two years. I can see Ferguson having two ssytems this seasons. I think he will use this type of tactic in europe and against stronger teams or difficult matches and then revert back to having wingers in matches we should be dominating anway

agreed :) so you have RVP on the right central striker asking him to cut inside? not bad idea for the left footer :p

no not as central but far right. so he plays on the right touchline but cuts in. not in the AMR position but far right stiker. It worked well cos the plaer in that position hugs the touchline and but makes some great runs to get into the middle as well

the same as yours. I was thinking the same as you that we had 2 deep lying midfielders and 3 attacking midfielders. The onl difference is I instead of the dr/dl being set as full back I have them set as wing backs support and the striker moved out on to the right. The 3 amc i have one set as advanced playmaker one as trequatista and one as attacking midfielder. I really liked the way Rooney played yesterday. I think it would be difficult to completely replicate how he played because of the match engine but he seemed to be a box to box ball winning advanced playmaker all in one yesterday