mikeyboy88

Reaction score
i was thinking of takin my local team. Basildon United. Who play in the essex senior league, and puttin them into the blue square south. Without editing a thing. Reputation = 150. And seein if i could make then one of the biggest forces in europe. The challenging thing is on the game they have no players, so with the very small wage budget i have to buy a whole squad... I no to get were i wana b its guna take alot of seasons. First challenge wuld b 2 keep them in the blue square south. I jus wanted 2 no ur opinions on whether u fink it is possible. Im goin 2 give it a go anyway. :)

In FM2008 i've managed Bishop's Stortford and in 3 or seasons I've moved from Blue Share South to Coca Cola 2. I didn't edited nothing. The only "cheat" I've used was FM Genie 2008, just to spare me some time chasing players, when you play with a low league team, it's really helpful.

Good Luck

sorry for this post. but how do i see my stadium capactiy? (sorry for spelling) in FM08 it was underin information? it dosent seem to be there in 09? Or maybe i jsut can see it? either way if u could help me out a little, that would be fab :D

sorry for this post. but how do i see my stadium capactiy? (sorry for spelling) in FM08 it was underin information? it dosent seem to be there in 09? Or maybe i jsut can see it? either way if u could help me out a little, that would be fab :D

Next time create a new thread as it's very unrelated to this thread. But it is on the information screen still, you just have to change the view...

View attachment 2728

sorry about that. but thanks for the quick reply (H)

its possible, i remember doing something similar with Bishop Auckland and putting them in the BSN, but remember that you might always get stitched up in later season by not being able to expand your stadium and dogdey chairman buyouts.

I found a great way to make money quick, and its not cheating!!
In your reserve team if they are not in a reserve league, do 4 team friendlies against Barcelona, villreal and valencia's reserve treams, they always accept to play against your reserve team, u get quite alot of money for it aswell, especially if you play the freindlies every 2 weeks!!.

Lower League Beginning

I started the game as Vauxhall Motors in the Blue Square North, I had no transfer budget, I had an Player/Asst Mgr (Anthony Wright), 1 Coach and 1 Physio, and just to top it all off, my wage budget was 3,740pw.

I have finished my 1st Season in Charge and managed to finish in 14th place. I sold Paul Taylor to Chester and have released 8 players on free transfers as contracts had expired.

Can anyone suggest any decent players to enable me to improve on my first season??

Forgot to mention, free transfers only. I have no budget and about £900 p/w available ;-)

I'm King's Lynn, and I have no idea how I've done it, but I'm 1st in Blue square north :O

Yeh i got promoted with Kings Lynn lol, started slowly with a proper **** team, signed about 20 players for free, released another dozen or so to keep the wage bill trim, ended up wining in the play-offs.
Now about half way through my first season in BSP , given a budget of £0, and a wage limit of £8k p/w, more wheeling and dealing and im sitting about 6 points off the leader.
The impossible can be done.

Coaches

Hi
I am playing as manager of Annan Athletic in scottish division 3 and i cant get any decent coaches, and even if i find some, the board wont allow me to employ them. As a result...i am not able to give my players any good training and i'm getting beaten a lot! Anyone got a way of beating the board and getting some coaches to sign?

how do i edit the blue square north to include United FC of Manchester, i put their league to blue sq, but it didn't work, can anyone help?

How do you edit teams so u can put them into blue square?
LOL sorri I bit of noob I love the game but I never really played b4. Thanks

All you do is edit the teams information in the Data Editor. Remember though that if you put a team in a league then you must take a team out of it to balance it out.

the Data Editor is a tool that allows you to change the database of FM 2009. It comes with every FM on the disk and is located in the Tools folder in the Sports Interactive folder.Alot of people use it to cheat but it can be used to make unmanageable sides manageable.hope this helps.

Hi
I am playing as manager of Annan Athletic in scottish division 3 and i cant get any decent coaches, and even if i find some, the board wont allow me to employ them. As a result...i am not able to give my players any good training and i'm getting beaten a lot! Anyone got a way of beating the board and getting some coaches to sign?

Players with coaching abilities? Those old war horses can be very useful playing at that level too ;)

---

Moved from Newport County to Bury after taking them up to the old conference and putting them into a nice safe mid-table position in the second season. After less than half a season in charge of Bury (relegation bound with never less than 8 players injured out of the 19 who are first team suitable), I really wish I'd stayed with Newport ...

All you do is edit the teams information in the Data Editor. Remember though that if you put a team in a league then you must take a team out of it to balance it out.

Hi all the quickest way to swap teams over is... to open notepad
type in

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Hull City" "Derby County"

So Hull will replace Derby and vice versa

Then save as name.edt

save it in c:program files/sports interactive/football manager 2009/data/edt

I think thats the right folder location.
I'll check and repost.

Then when loading up your game, start new game and on the menu bar on the side click preferences and you can tick the name.edt so it loads this data.

Hope this helps