WeemanJL

Reaction score

CARLO ANCELOTTI RETIRES FROM FOOTBALL MANAGEMENT

In a shock move Carlo Ancelotti has decided to not only step down from his role as Chelsea manager, but retire completely from football management. However, after building a strong relationship with the club and the owner, Roman Abramovich, in his one season at the helm, in which he won the Premier League and The FA Cup, he has decided that he will remain at the club and has therefore been appointed as the Director of Football.

In a press conference earlier today Ancelotti spoke about how he had ‘lost the motivation‘ to carry on managing and how he felt he needed a ‘change‘ and that this new role will help him achieve this. He also mentioned that he will ‘play a big part‘ in the decision making as to who will take over his job as manager of Chelsea Football Club.

There is much speculation as to who will replace Ancelotti with the forerunners being Guus Hiddink and Pep Guardiola. However, it is thought that Chelsea may take a different approach when hiring the new manager instead of just getting a big name and hoping for the best. Many are saying that Chelsea had already planned for this when hiring Carlo Ancelotti and that a young aspiring manager has been working under Ancelotti’s wing waiting for his moment in the spotlight.​

Last edited:
There's been a lot of Chelsea stories recently, which I like :)
I'll follow this mate :D
Anyhow good luck pal, have a look in mine when you got time (H)

CHELSEA REVEAL NEW MANAGER : JOSH LITTLE​

Just one day after it was announced that Carlo Ancelotti had decided to retire from football management Chelsea have announced who will take over. It was revealed earlier today during a press conference that the new man at the helm will be unknown manager Josh Little. The young manager received his coaching badges only two years ago and has spent the last year with Chelsea learning the trade from Carlo Ancelotti.

The following is an extract from his first press conference:

Sky Sports News: Your appointment has come as a surprise to many with the majority of people assuming that the new man in charged would be a big name. What would you say to those who feel that you are too inexperienced for this role?

Little: Well, although this maybe my first managerial job I have been working alongside the players and the coaching staff for a year and have formed good relationships with everyone at the club and who better to take the job than someone who knows everyone already?

BBC: Seeing as you have studied under the eye of Ancelotti, will you be adopting a similar approach or will you adopt a completely different style of management?

Little: Obviously after a year with Carlo I will have picked up some of his techniques, but I don’t want to be dubbed the new Carlo Ancelotti. I am unique, I will have my own managerial style.

ITV News: As Ancelotti is staying on at Chelsea as Director of Football will you take the opportunity to ask for his advice?

Little: Naturally, with the amount of time I have spent with Carlo I feel comfortable speaking with him and asking for his advice. However, I will not ask for his advice on every little matter, otherwise he might as well be the manager.

Last edited:
Quality story absolutely loves it seeing im a chelsea man

A bit like me then - I used to be Ancelotti's assistant after Wilkin's exit..
Good start man :)

i like the layout, still wud have liked joachim low as manager

Cheers for the Comments guys.

i like the layout, still wud have liked joachim low as manager

Haha, I just tend to prefer managing teams as myself.

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:59 PM ----------

I turned into the car park at the Cobham Training Ground knowing that I was the right man for the job. I had spent a year with Ancelotti and had learnt everything he knew. This added with my natural ability made me the perfect man for the job. I knew what I had to change first, the mentality at the club. During my year at the club I had become increasingly frustrated with the mentality of buying to replace instead of growing our own talent. Yes we have some promising youngsters out on loan, but did any of them come through the ranks at Chelsea? No, all of them were bought from other clubs when they were young. At least this year Josh McEachran has come into the first team squad, but the other players from the youth team all lack the quality to be top Premier League players. I had to do something about this and I planned to in my first boardroom meeting.

I entered the room, exchanged pleasantries with the board members and sat down waiting for the real business to begin. As soon as the discussion began I put forward my point, “We need to improve the quality of the players entering our youth system. It’s all well and good having top quality facilities for our young players to use, but if they don’t have the potential to be high caliber Premier League players then it’s all a waste of time in my opinion. We need to improve our youth recruitment network. I don’t care how you do it, but I expect the youth players entering the club next season to be a **** of a lot better than the ones this year!”

I exited the room with a huge grin on my face. They had all agreed that action needed to be taken and claimed that I was the first manager to make such a request with the others content with spending millions on new players each season. This was a big step to make my vision of what Chelsea Football Club would be like in the future a reality.

I had dealt with the board, now it was time to deal with the players so I headed down to the training area where my assistant Michael Emenalo and 1st team coach Bruno Demichelis were putting the lads through there paces. As I arrived the players stopped and came to greet me before waiting for my instructions. I told them that we needed to have a team meeting and discuss what our aims for the coming season were as well as the tactics.​

Once I had their attention I told the players that the aim for the coming year was to win the Premier League and the FA Cup, just as they had the previous season. They then started talking all at once about the Champions League and how that should be the main focus for the season. I waited for them to stop acting like children and to listen to my reasoning. I told the guys that we first needed to cement our place as the best team in the country before we could think about being the best team in Europe and then the World. “If we manage to win the Champions League then fine, but the main priority for the season is to win the domestic double and to confirm our place as the best in the country,” I told the lads, and at last they saw sense and agreed with me.

Next it was time to discuss tactics:

As soon as I had finished drawing the tactics on the board there was uproar from the corner of the room where Didier sat. “I can’t play left wing! Is this some kind of joke,” he shouted, surprisingly Fernando seemed fine with the formation and kept quiet. I waited for Didier to finish his tantrum before explaining to them why I had set out the formation like this. “Didier, I watch you week in week out and all you seem to do is stay on the wings when your meant to be in the box getting on the end of crosses, but its always you who’s crossing the ball. Fernando, I have watched you a lot and a huge amount of your goals come from you cutting in from the left hand side and you will still be able to do this from the wing. As well as this I’m hoping that the constant switching of your positions will cause confusion for the opposition defenders.”

I left the meeting pleased. Although Didier wasn’t completely happy at being played on the left wing he had accepted that I wouldn’t budge on this matter, it also helped that I told him that with his talent he was capable of playing anywhere on the pitch.

great story man i was just wondering how you get you pics like that man mine are just small thanks bud and ill follow your story

I use Drogba and Torres up front, with two wingers.
Drogba as Advanced Foward and Torres as poacher. Torres is scoring for fun right now you know! :O
Anyhow I love your updates, and how do you keep your pictures so clear and good? :S

Thanks for the positive comments guys :)

how do you keep your pictures so clear and good? :S
I edit them in photoshop before uploading them.

---------- Post added at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

Pre Season

After our little team meeting we had two weeks of training before our first pre-season fixture against FC United. This gave me the opportunity to put the lads through their paces and make sure that everyone’s fitness levels were high. It also allowed the team to get used to playing with the new guys: Torres, Luiz and Ramires, as well as working on getting used to the formation.

Our first pre-season opponent came in the shape of FC United, a team we were easily expected to beat and the lads didn’t disappoint with Lampard, Drogba, Terry and Kalou getting on the scoresheet along with David Baxter who managed to put the ball in his own net.​

The day after the game the team were straight on a plane to sunny Spain for our pre-season tour. We started off the tour beating O Val 9-0 in a very one sided game with six different players on the scoresheet. The following game against Murcia proved tougher than expected with Kalou scoring the winner in the 87th minute. The tour finished off with a comfortable 2-0 win over Real Union with a weakened side who needed match practice for the new season.​

In the final game before the Community Shield we entertained Sporting Lisbon and ran out comfortable winners with Drogba scoring early before Lampard put the game to rest with a brace.

Summary​
Overall, it was a good pre-season with 5 wins out of 5 and no goals conceded. However, the games were against weaker opposition and we need to improve our finishing if we are going to win any silverware in the upcoming season. One negative was that Torres was out injured for the whole of pre-season and therefore will not be match fit for the start of the season. Hopefully he is fit for the United game because Drogba picked up an injury in the Sporting game and will be out for the beginning of the season.​

Brilliant update still following every time im online loves it KIU

vs

The day had finally arrived. Pre-season had gone well and now it’s time for the real thing. A win today will give us momentum going into the season and will give us a solid base to build on, a loss today and the Community Shield returns to being a non-trophy that we didn’t really care about in the first place. Hopefully, we won’t have to make any excuses for ourselves. Unfortunately, neither Drogba or Torres were available as both were out with injuries, this meant that we had to start with a front line of Malouda, Anelka and Kalou. Fingers crossed they will have their shooting boots on.

I followed the players out of the changing room after the team talk. I wasn’t showing it but I was quietly confident of a victory, despite the injuries upfront. The music sounded and the team walked out onto the pitch with me following behind. I sat down in my seat in the dugout and waited for the match to begin. The referee blew the whistle and the proceedings began.

First Half

The team started off well and were keeping possession, but the passing was all in the middle of the park and we didn’t look like we were going to score. 15 minutes in and still nothing, until United broke and won a corner kick and before you know it Nani’s hammering the ball into the top corner from the edge of the area. ****! Then 3 minutes later Javier Hernandez made it two after Cech failed to collect a through ball. It was going from bad to worse. After this the team seemed to up their game and created chance after chance, but to no avail. Anelka, Kalou and Malouda just weren’t on form today.​

Half Time​
I told the guys to buck up their ideas if they wanted to come away with anything from this game. I gave encouragement to the forwards telling them that a goal would come if they continued to get in the right positions and create chances. Petr was furious at himself after his error so I told him not to worry about the past and to concentrate on his performance in the second half.

Second Half​
The team talk seemed to have worked and the side came out all guns firing and looked to have complete control of the game, but 10 minutes into the half Owen finished off a low cross and it looked like the game was all but over. We struck back 5 minutes later when Anelka took on their defence single handedly before slotting it past van der Sar. It was starting to look like we were going to pull back the two goal deficit and possibly go onto win the game with the attack tearing the defence apart time after time, but once again it was not to be as Nani curled a free-kick into the top corner from 40 yards out to finish the game off. Lampard scored a consolation in the 83rd minute, but it wan’t our day.​

Final Score

Man United 4 - 2 Chelsea

Manager’s Thoughts​
Despite the result there were lots of positives to take from the game including our 56% possession. The main difference was that they were clinical infront of goal and we weren’t. We had 18 shots to their 10 but they managed 6 on target and us 5, this coupled with Nani being able to score from anywhere today meant that we ended up losing. However, there is still hope with both Torres and Drogba to return to the side we should be able to be more clinical infront of goal and when the team get used to the formation and style of play we should be up at the top of the league and challenging on all fronts.

Keep it up mate, I love the graphics, the reads are great and I can see you are putting some hard work in to this!
BTW bad luck against United, hopefully the same won't happen in my story ;)

Thanks for the comments lads :)
No update tonight as I'm off to the Bridge to watch Chelsea vs Copenhagen.
Should update tomorrow though.

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:31 PM ----------

August 2010

I went into the month confident that the team was ready for the season and that we would be able to defend our title as Premier League Champions. Pre-season had gone well, I had seen a lot of positives in the United game and Torres was fit. It seemed that everything was shaping up nicely for the start of the new Premier League season, but then I received news from my Physio that Didier would not be returning as early as expected and would be out for the remainder of the month. Luckily, for us the fixtures weren’t the most difficult, with Stoke being the toughest opposition for us and I was sure that Kalou would be able to cope.​

Barclays Premier League - 14.08.2010
Chelsea 2 - 0 West Brom
John Terry (87)
Salomon Kalou (89)

We dominated the game from start to finish! We managed 17 shots and restricted them to just 1 on target. However, despite our dominance the score remained level for the majority of the game before JT rose above his marker to head in from a Malouda corner and then straight from the restart we won the ball back and Anelka hit an inch perfect through ball to Kalou who cooly finished off by slotting it past Carson. The only downside was that Torres failed to get the debut goal that I had hoped for and came off after 45 minutes due to a lack of match fitness.​

Barclays Premier League - 21.08.2010
Wigan 0 - 1 Chelsea
Fernando Torres (90+1)

I went into the match expecting an easy win after our solid start against West Brom, but it wasn’t to be. Despite having almost all the possession Wigan were always in the game and looked just as likely to score as us, not that that was much of a challenge as we only managed to get 3 shots on target in the whole game. But, just as it was looking like it wasn’t our day and a draw looked like the most likely result the ball found its way to Kalou who was through on goal. Kalou failed to convert the chance but it fell to Fernando who was in the perfect position and he finished the chance off expertly, the players went crazy and grabbed Fernando before bundling him to the floor. It was a great moment for everyone at the club and everyone was genuinely happy for Fernando.

Barclays Premier League - 28.08.2010
Chelsea 4 - 1 Stoke
Nicolas Anelka (28)
Michael Essien (41,86)

Mamady Sidibé (57)
Salomon Kalou (90+3)

This game was a lot more straightforward than the previous two fixtures and going into the month I had thought that Stoke would be the toughest opposition. The key to the the comfortable win was a goal much earlier goal courtesy of Nicolas Anelka. After the goal we pushed forward and controlled the game completely and managed 22 shots compared to their 2. The basis of our success today was a brilliant performance from Michael Essien who scored two excellent goals. Kalou finished the game off after an exquisite through ball from David Luiz. The only negative in the game was that we let in our first goal via the head of Mamady Sidibé.

Managers Thoughts​
A very successful month with 3 wins out of 3, Torres scored his first goal and we only conceded one. The squad is confident, morale is high and with Drogba returning to the squad after injury things just keep getting better. Will I bring Drogba straight back into the squad though? Kalou has performed admirably in his place and has brought an extra dimension to the front line, coming into the season I assumed that Kalou would be the reserve, but after his performances this past month he has proven that he does deserve to be in contention for the first team spots.​

Player of the Month

Salomon Kalou

Salomon’s performance over the past month have been nothing short of sensational and he picked up 2 goals and 1 assist in the 3 games. Coming in for Drogba I was a bit worried that we would suffer from a lack of fire power infront of goal, but Kalou was just what we needed. He played off of the last defender and latched onto through balls when playing in the middle and left full backs in his wake when playing on the wing. Overall, a top quality month from the Ivorian.​

League Table

Last edited: