Preseason + August 2018

So, after a fantastic season in our return to the Championship in which we finished 9th we have a lot to live up to in this upcoming season. Main plan is obviously to survive and finish as high aspossible in the league and then some good cup runs as well.

MONEY MONEY MONNEEYYYY!!!!

So, we bring the preseason preparations with some ****** fantastic news. Tim Fisher who has been desperately trying to sell the club during the course of the season has finally got his wish with Michael Carey buying him out and taking over the club. Michael himself cleared out the debt the club owed to Fisher and took the club public but also took out a wee loan of his own to cover costs.

View attachment 99270View attachment 99269

Michael Carey took no time in pumping money into the club and I was obliged to take advantage of the clubs new found wealth. I did this by increasing the coaching team and increasing the junior coaching budget. I also asked and was successful in removing the scouting limitations and then upgraded the youth facilities yet again.

View attachment 99268
View attachment 99267View attachment 99266View attachment 99265View attachment 99264

Moving on to preseason and we had a jam packed preseason schedule with 10 games in total across the summer months. The games went well with 7 wins and 3 defeats out of the games played with some good results against Spurs, BMG and Southampton. Again every player in the squad got at least a full 90 minutes and plenty of goals scored over the 10 games with a total of 26 scored and 14 conceded.

Moving into the start of the season as usual we have league and EFL action during August. In the EFL Cup we again made it and went out in the second round. We were first paired with Cheltenham and ran out 5-1 winners with Warschewski netting himself a well deserved hatrick. Next we were draw against Bristol City, this a 50-50 game if nothing else ended in a 4-2 defeat after extra time with the lads dead on their feet and conceding twice in the last 5 minutes of extra time as we tried to go for a winner ourselves.

Moving on to league against and I am hoping for another good start like we got last year with lead us to finishing in the top half. We had 4 games in the month and we surprisingly went unbeaten only dropping points to fellow relegation contenders Ipswich in a 0-0 draw. This left us at the end of the month in 1st place on 10 points alongside Ipswich who are in second on 10 points after an unbeaten start as well.

View attachment 99263
View attachment 99262View attachment 99261

At the end of August the transfer window closed shut for another 4 months. We did make 7 additions to the squad to cover areas of the team with all but one coming in on frees. However, this is why I f*****g hate 'Brexit', all but one of the players failed to get a work permit meaning they all went straight back out on loan while I decide what do to, with January being the next time I can apply for one. Not one of them has played a senior international game and a few have been capped at youth level. Below is how my u23 team looks, Coric is there as I renewed his contract and he didn't get a work permit despite being in the country and already having played games the season before.

View attachment 99260View attachment 99259

September - November 2018

As we move into September after a good August we are top of the pile unbeaten with 3 wins and 1 draw. September is broken month as we have the lovely annoying international break. Aim to just keep the good run going and getting enough points early so if we have a situation like last year we have built up our points so we don’t run into any problems later in the season.

September consisted of 5 games with the month broken up due to the internationals. We had a good run during the month dropping 5 points in total throughout the month with 3 wins, a draw and a defeat. We had big wins at Burnley and Burton winning 3-1 and 5-1 respectively, whilst also winning at Swansea. Our dropped points game in the 2-2 draw at Birmingham and a 2-0 defeat at Fulham. These results left us top of the pile still, with us on 20 points after 9 games one point clear of Sunderland in 2nd.

As the season starts to build a head of steam we move into October which is a busy month with 6 games in total. We had another successful month with the team picking up 4 wins and dropping 5 points with a loss and a draw. We start the month with a 5-2 win at MK Dons and ended it with a 2-1 defeat to Barnsley. During the month, we drew against Brentford and collected our other wins at Leeds, Reading and Sunderland. This left us again top of the pile on 33 points after 15 games, 5 points clear of Sunderland who still occupy 2nd place.

Moving into November we only have 3 games due another lovely annoying international break, I suppose this is alright as the club doesn’t have many players that receive call ups just yet so those who don’t have a 2-week break in between games. We started the month with a 5-2 win at fellow promotion hopefuls Bristol City to hopefully set the tone for the short month. We ended the month with another win and a defeat. We held on for a scrappy 1-0 win at Oxford and lost out to promotion favourites Middlesbrough 2-1. These results allowed us to maintain our position at the top of the table on 39 points after 18 games and move 7 points clear of 2nd place Sunderland.

View attachment 98850
View attachment 98849View attachment 98848

Only other development over the last 3 months is I was given an interview for the vacant Brighton job towards the end of November which I duly turned down.

View attachment 98847

7 points clear at the top of the Championship. Looking like you will be in the Premier League next season, class!

7 points clear at the top of the Championship. Looking like you will be in the Premier League next season, class!

Cheers, hopefully get an update out some time tonight.

Going good so far

Decemebr 2018 - February 2019

Moving onto December we are 7 points clear at the top ahead of a very busy month. The month didn’t start out great with us topping 5 points in the first two games alone with a defeat at Huddersfield follow by a 2-2 draw with Hull where we scored in injury time pull off a 2-goal come back. We followed this up to end the month picking up another 8 points with 2 wins, 2 draws and a defeat. This left us still in 1st place in league now 48 points with only a 2-point advantage over Sunderland who still occupy 2nd.

During December, I also had two job interviews, one for Swansea and yet again Rangers have comeback sniffing around me and obviously, I declined both.

View attachment 98414View attachment 98413

Moving into January we have both league and FA Cup action to contend with as well as the January transfer window. We met Manchester City in the 3rd round of the FA Cup and we lost out 5-1 in a game were they completely dominated us. Moving into league action we went the month unbeaten playing 4 games and winning all 4 in rather scrappy encounters. This left us at the top of the table still on 60 points after 29 games and we hold a 4-point advantage over Sunderland who still occupy 2nd place.

The January transfer window was a quiet one for the club with no one coming and only Andy Murdoch leaving to join Dundee United. Murdoch left after a season and a half at the club and featured in the defensive midfield roll playing 70 games in total and contributing 1 goal and 1 assist. He left for an initial 2 million and we have added on a few clauses so would could see more potential money from the transfer in the future.

As we move into the business end of the season we come into February. The month itself consisted of 5 games, all winnable and all winnable on the day. We ended the month taking 9 points out of a possible 15, winning 3 and losing two. The wins including two big wins at Burton and MK Don, wining 5-1 and 3-0 respectively. We lost 3-0 at Fulham and lost it late at Swansea 3-2 and picking up a hard fought 2-1 win at Birmingham. This left us still top thankfully on 69 points after 34 games with a 3 point advantage of Sunderland who still occupy 2nd.

View attachment 98412
View attachment 98410View attachment 98409

Last edited:
March 2019 - May 2019

As we get to March we have my favourite time of the year yet again with the new youth candidates. This year’s intake is nothing short of brilliant. We have 3 genuine players who could make it in the first team along with another 2 who could potential play a part as well.

View attachment 98319
View attachment 98318View attachment 98317View attachment 98316

Moving into the actual games in March we had 5 in total. We ended the month unbeaten but had only picked up 1 win and drew the other 4. We managed to scrap a 2-2 draw at Sunderland to keep our title ambitions alive, with the other 3 draws coming at Brentford, Barnsley and Reading. We ended the month with a 2-0 win at Bristol City, this left us somehow still top of the table on 76 points after 39 games with a 2-point advantage over Sunderland.

March ended with me being linked in the press to the vacant Arsenal post after Wenger getting the boot despite back to back Premier League title. I also had been asked for an interview with Middlesbrough which I turned down.

View attachment 98315

We started April knowing that if we win our last remaining games we’d obviously win the title and gain promotion to the Premier League. Our run in is more difficult for us given our resources compared to Sunderland but I am confident if we don’t win the league we will still go up as we have a good bit of breathing space between us and 3rd place. The month didn’t get off to the greatest of starts as we lost 1-0 in injury time to Middlesbrough and 1-0 to Oxford to leave Sunderland out in 1st place 4 points ahead of us with 5 games to go. April truly turned into the month of **** as we ended the month not picking up a win at all and only taking 2 draws to leave us stranded in second place on 78 points after 44 games with Sunderland taking the lead with 85 points after 44 as well.

Moving into May we have two games remaining. The title is outside of our reach and automatic promotion is still a given although we only have a 6-point advantage over 3rd place. We go into the penultimate game of the season against Peterborough knowing a point will see us promoted. The game was a feisty encounter with the scores ending 4-3 in our favour as we are back in the premier division for the first time since the 2000/01 season. We ended the season unfortunately with a 2-1 defeat at QPR which is annoying and removed the cherry from the cake but meh!

WE ARE GOING UP I SAY WE ARE GOING UP!!!

View attachment 98314
View attachment 98313View attachment 98312

Last edited:
Competition Review 2018/19

So, we come to the 2018/19 season review. Ithas been a fantastic season for the club and it has netted us our 2ndpromotion inside 3 years and hopefully will be our last! The club has exceeded all expectations and to be honest I feel we are probably around 3 years ahead of where I was expecting. The commercial side of the was okay everything was down apart from sponsorship which is surprising due to the fact we had a fantastic season and ended it in 2nd so work to do there.

View attachment 98304

Anyway, on to the awards and we’ll cover the club’s individual awards first. Before we do that though I’ll briefly go over the key stats for the season, Tobias Warschewski came into the team andabsolutely dominated up front before incurring a series of injuries ending the season with 25 goals, Greg Olley also ended the season as the club’s top assister with 14 over the course of the season. Finally, Giuseppe Prestia was a rock in defence along with Jordan Turnball and topped the average ratings with 7.29 overall.

Moving onto the club’s awards Jordan Turnball took home both the club player of the year and the young player of the year. Josh Windass took home the goal of the season award with a thunderbolt against Swansea and Josh Sheehan took home the award for signing of the season.

View attachment 98303
View attachment 98302View attachment 98301

On to the seasonal awards and we’ll keep it short and sweet. Michael Folivi yet again had a cracker of a season as he took the Championships Young Player of the Year award has he finished the season with 22 goals and 10 assists. I will miss him if I can’t persuade both him and Watford to return the club permanently after 3 years at the club where he has scored 61 goals and bagged 26 assists and 15 POTM awards over 109 appearances at the club. I took home the Championships Manager of the Year awards which was a pleasant surprised.

Finishing it off we have 5 players involved in Championships Players Select squad. Giuseppe Prestia, Greg Olley and Gael Bigirimana made the team and Connor Ogilvie and Michael Folivi making the substitutes.

View attachment 98300View attachment 98299
View attachment 98298

Have been away for a while and whilst playing I forgot to get screenshots every couple of months. Will continue with an update hopefully tomorrow.

2019/20 Review

Apologies before hand this will be a longish update due to forgetting to get screenshots and document everything. Anyway where to begin? Coventry are back in the big leagues for the first time since being relegated back in the 2000/01 season. Beginning with the summer months we had two upgrades at the club with the youth facilities being further updated and the club installing under soil heating meaning it is now up to standard. Preseason itself was as to be expected with 11 games over the summer months with the club winning 8, drawing 2 and only losing the 1 game.

View attachment 96502View attachment 96501

Moving on, we go into the season filled with hope if not much else as I do not want to turn into a yo-yo club. Anyway across all 3 competitions we performed well in the league managing to build up a head of steam to shave off relegation and finishing 17th 4 points clear of the relegation places. Moving onto the cup competitions we had a meh campaign and a extremely satisfying competition. We had a run to the semi finals in the League Cup eventually crashing out to Man United 3-1 on aggregate who eventually won the cup. Moving onto the FA Cup we crashed out in the 3rd round losing 3-1 to Arsenal with the competition eventually won by Man United as well.

View attachment 96500View attachment 96499View attachment 96498
View attachment 96497View attachment 96496

We had two successful transfer windows. During the summer we brought in a few players to cover the required positions we needed with Ashley O'Reilly, Owen Hart, Liam Walsh, Mohamed Abdellaoui and Gerardo Fontana going directly into the u23 team. We also had the annual youth intake and we had two notable youth players coming in and hopefully will we can build on the standard of youth players at the club.

View attachment 96495View attachment 96494

Ending it off we have the end of season awards. Jordan Turnbull took home the FPOY award which was fully deserved with his partnership with Doria who took signing of the season allowed us to get more stronger at the back saving us from relegation. Josh Windass took home the clubs goal of the season and he was also runner up for the overall league goal of the season losing out to Adam Lallana. Finally Sam Gallagher took home the YPOY award has he starred through the season contributing a total of 17 goals and 5 assists.

View attachment 96491
View attachment 96489View attachment 96488

2020/2021 Season update

Moving into the 2020/21 season we look forward to another season in the Premier League I suppose by the skin of our teeth. This time we are looking for a bit more consistency on the pitch as we aim for that magical 40 point mark which is usually a safe bet for survival.

First things first this season I had quite a few job offers, mainly international job offers but also one from Aston Villa which I gladly turned down. I decline any of the international job offer as I felt I couldn't divide my time whilst benefitting both so I decided to stick solely with the Sky Blues.
View attachment 95116View attachment 95115
View attachment 95114View attachment 95113
View attachment 95112

After beating relegation I went about building for the future. I met with the board and managed to persuade them to part with money and upgrade the junior coaching budget and also the recruiting network. This will allow me to recruit and develop the best for the club.
View attachment 95118View attachment 95117

Moving onto the season itself we start with the transfers, covering both summer and January ones. We made strengthening signings to both defence and midfield plus we made a few signing for the u18s and u23s to strengthen both now and for the future. The only notable outgoing was Jordan Turnball who left for Sheffield United as I couldn't guarantee him the playing time he wanted.
View attachment 95111

The season itself had its ups and downs. Cup wise we never had a chance as we met the big teams early enough on in both the EFL and FA Cup as we crashed out in both cups at the 4th round stage. League wise we ended up finishing in 16th position on 39 points 8 clear of the relegation places as we survived another season in the top flight. Our terrible start to the season left us with an uphill battle as we got to the end of October with only 6 points after 10 games meaning we were always in a scrap to avoid relegation to be honest. However our end of season form again allowed us to pull away in the end and safely preserve our status in the top flight.
View attachment 95110View attachment 95109
View attachment 95108View attachment 95107View attachment 95106

Moving onto the end of season awards we have a cause to celebrate as we have yet again managed to defy everyone and kept our top flight status. Beginning with the FPOTY it was a tight affair with Josh Windass eventually taking it with a 34% share of the vote closely followed by Jodi Jones who took home 28% of the vote. Runner up to the FPOTY, Jodi Jones took home the YPOTY which was well deserved playing well in the middle of the park and contributing 4 goals and 3 assists to the cause. Baba Rahman took home the signing of the whilst Gaston Pereiro won goal of the season.
View attachment 95104
View attachment 95105View attachment 95103

End with the commercial summary the club is doing well. Sponsorship has raised to just short of £16 million a season. Other notable influences is the broadcasting revenue which has dropped this season but only by £8 million and the competition prize money had rose to £11.25 million and I hope it will increase year on year.
View attachment 95102

Updates will return again to one every 4 months as I have a bit more free time again!

Competition Updates

This post is purely for anyone wondering how things have went on ingame in the first 5 years of this save. It will be split up into individual nation and cover the popular leagues with contential competitions as well. Both Euros and World Cup are covered as well even though there has been 1 of each so far but there has been some big shocks.

England
View attachment 95101View attachment 95100View attachment 95099
View attachment 95098View attachment 95097View attachment 95096

Spain
View attachment 95095View attachment 95094

France
View attachment 95093View attachment 95092

Germany
View attachment 95091View attachment 95090

Italy
View attachment 95089View attachment 95088

Scotland
View attachment 95087View attachment 95086

Continental Cups
View attachment 95085View attachment 95084

International Cups
View attachment 95082View attachment 95081

You've seen that right England won the World Cup itself. Updates like this will follow every 5 years as long as I am manager of Coventry and if I get the boot I'll do a final update on the competitions. If anyone wants me to look at a time for the last 5 years or a player let me know!

Preseason + August 2021

Moving into our 3rd season mixing it with the big boys we again are up against it as yet again we are favourites to go down but this time expecting to finish 19th and not 20th. Club has had a busy summer with both plenty of transfers and friendlies being played as we try to build some momentum.

Before I go into preseason I was asked for an interview with Celtic, as they attempt to find a manager to replace the recently departed Neil Lennon who has moved on to FC Porto. Celtic after all have just came off yet another title win to achieve the magically 10 in a row which they seem to be more than capable of doing in real life too. Anyway I declined it as it wasn't for me as I want to take Coventry to the higher echelons of the game!
View attachment 94882

Moving on we quite a busy summer as we went on tour to the States. In total we played 10 friendlies with 2 of those coming against the u23's and u18's for a run out against the 1st team to see who could perform. The other 8 friendlies went well as we picked up 7 wins and 1 draw and along the way we thrashed Inter 5-1. Preseason also consistent of major transfer activity. We had 21 players leave the club on various deals with 12 leaving permanently and the rest on loans. We also made 7 additions to the club with 3 going straight into the u23s and 4 going to play a part in the 1st team. The biggest signing for us of the window was getting Joe 'The Welsh Pirlo' Allen in on a free to not only add steel to the midfield but also to bring a bit of experience to the team.
View attachment 94878

Moving on to the juicy stuff. August consisted of 4 league games and a EFL 2nd round game. We had a mixed bag of results in the league with us taking 4 points from a possible 12 as we drew against Arsenal on the opening day before winning at Middlesbrough. However, we then lost heavily to Manchester City and couldn't keep our heads as Newcastle won 3-2 thanks to a last minute winner in the 95th minute. We faced Oxford United in the 2nd round of the EFL Cup and we ran out 3-0 winners meaning we progress to the 3rd round where we are facing Cardiff for a place in the 4th round.
View attachment 94877

Best start we have had in the 3 years in the Premier League to leave us in 13th place well in the mix for everything apart from the title haha!
View attachment 94876

September - December 2021

As the season get properly going I know I'm in for another tough year in the Premier League, just because its the Premier League and the quality of the teams. We had a decent August which gave us a pillar to work on. I'll be separating this into league and cup sections plus anything that needs to be covered at the end.

Cups
So far we're only in the EFL Cup as the FA Cup doesn't get started for us until January but we have been drawn against Wolves so have that to look forward to. The EFL is always a decent cup to try and win as it gets you into Europe and so far the furthest I've gotten is to be put out by Man United in the semis a few years ago.

After wining the 3rd round we were drawn against Everton which is always now a winnable match as they are a mixed bag and we ran out 2-1 winners on the night to set up a quarter final appearance against Southend. Going into the quarter final I knew with how results have went this competition is now winnable getting the right route to the final. We went into the game at Southend and came out 3-0 winners. This left us, West Ham, Stoke and Brighton in the semis of which I got West Ham, definitely the hardest of the teams left so we'll have to be on our toes in January as we try to make it to a cup final.

League Action
After a tight start to the season we know what we have to do to keep our place in the Premier League and that is to win games. Hoping to do this at the start rather than the end so there is no stress. September was a quiet month in the league with only 3 games played but we came out with a win against Leeds and drawing and losing against Chelsea and Spurs respectively to leave us sitting in 14th place.

Moving on to October and November we played a total of 7 games but only winning 1 and drawing 1 against Watford and Liverpool respectively. We suffered heavy moral sapping defeats at United and Sheffield Wednesday to leave us in 17th place only 2 points above the relegation places.

In December we faired far far better has we played 6 games over the course of the month. During the month we had big wins at Brentford and Aston Villa whilst only losing two games very late again West Ham and Everton, 3-2 and 1-0 respectively. This left us this time in 13th place on 24 points, 7 points clear so far from the relegation places.
View attachment 94073View attachment 94072

Other notes
Only other noticeable point from the previous 4 months is that the club has decided to expand there horizons a little and go for an affiliate club. We ended up partnering with North Carolina in the States which will hopefully be benefit to us as we increase our fan base.
View attachment 94071

January + Feb 2022

Moving into 2022 the club is doing pretty well, going well in the league with an EFL final appearance coming up we are well set.

League Action
January was a short month in regards to league action as we only played 3 games during the month due to cup appearances. We started the month with a tight 2-1 loss to Middlesbrough which was then followed by another loss to Newcastle this time losing 1-0. We did bring it back though as we ended the months league action with a 1-0 win at Spurs which left us in 14th place in the league.

Moving into February we had a more packed schedule with a mixed bag of results. We picked up 2 wins with 1-0 wins at Leeds and Man City. However, the result of the month we had 3 big loses against Chelsea, Liverpool and Southampton, losing 3-1, 3-0 and 2-0 respectively.

Cup Action
First up we have the FA Cup. We were paired with Wolves in the 3rd round draw and ended up gaining a credible draw after I made changes to the team to give some of the players that have not featured much a run out. We did however win the replay 4-2 although this was after extra time. As we progressed to the 4th round we were drawn against Sunderland. This time we weren't as lucky, we initially drew the game 0-0 but in the replay we were beat 2-1 as we crashed out.

Moving onto League Cup action we were drawn against West Ham with Stoke facing off against Brighton in the other semi final. First leg was at home and we came out with a very good 1-0 win thanks to a late cracker from Sam Gallagher. In the 2nd leg we got lucky as we lost 4-3 in extra time but progressed to the final on away goals as it ended 4-4. With us progressing to the final we will meet Stoke who prevailed against Brighton which will be covered in a separate post.

View attachment 93684
View attachment 93683

January Transfer Window
The January transfer window was pretty quiet again for the club. We had one coming in and one leaving permanently whilst having a few players leaving on loan. We signed Carlos Ocampo from San Martin who plays as a central attacking midfielder who will add depth to the area. Connor Ogilive left the club to join Birmingham which wasn't a big loss as we have Baba Rahman as the first choice and 2 young players coming through who will both provide back up.

View attachment 93682

EFL Cup Final 2022

So here we are in our first cup final appearance! We face off against Stoke for not only our first cup trophy but also for a place in the Europa League (Euro Cup) next season. It is also the clubs first ever League Cup final appearance in their history.

Anyway moving on first up is the line up as we line up with a 4-2-3-1 which has held us well in many other previous games, Stoke themselves line up a little different as they go with a 4-1-2-3. Aim of the game is to control the game and hit them on the break as aim to win no matter what.
View attachment 93680View attachment 93679

First Half
First half was pretty quiet with not many chances to speak of. Only really chance came to Sam Gallagher as he missed a one on one chance with David Soria who pulled off a great save.

Second Half
Stoke dominated the first 15 minutes of the second half as it was all them so I switched from Control mentality to a Defensive mentality. Alex McCarthy and the defence were the heroes of the second half as they weathered a Stoke storm as they continued to dominate overall although we did manage to hold our own and take the game into Extra Time.

Extra Time and Penalties
Extra time went by with a blur as the players used the period really to get a second wind with no major happenings as the game petered out and went to penalties. Alex McCarthy secured the man of the match award for me as he saved 3 penalties allowing us to run out 3-2 winners with Gallagher, Pereiro and Trinks converting whilst Molumby and Doria missing theirs.
View attachment 93678View attachment 93677

Yeeeoooo won our first cup competition and also means we will now be competing in the Europa League during the 2022/23 season.

Really enjoyed reading this so far!
No one ever does a ccfc story so as a fan for years it's nice to read, ive just started a save and am in the playoffs of league 1 in March so I hope to go up too, George Thomas is firing me this year,
Hope you continue this and have more success :)

Really enjoyed reading this so far!
No one ever does a ccfc story so as a fan for years it's nice to read, ive just started a save and am in the playoffs of league 1 in March so I hope to go up too, George Thomas is firing me this year,
Hope you continue this and have more success :)

Cheers ajlewis93! Nearly towards the end of my current season so will get an update out tonight or tomorrow morning. GT is a good player it seems in every save bar mine haha he broke his leg in my first season then developed a blood clot so didn't play and had to release him as couldn't fit him into my team

End of Season run in 2022

So after the high of winning the EFL Cup we now return to league action as we try and improve on our position as unless something drastic happens we are safe for another season.

March

Moving onto March we played a total of four games during the month as there was an international break towards the end. Our first game after winning the cup was at home to Sheff Wed and we were brought back down to earth with a 4-2 lose. We followed up that defeat through with 2 consecutive draws, drawing 3-3 at Watford as we secured a point and the death and a 0-0 draw against Man United with some very good defending. We finished up the month hammering Sunderland 3-0. These results left us in 12th position in the league now well clear of the relegation places.

April
Moving into April we were at the business end of the season and new we were safe from the drop. We went unbeaten during the month playing 4 games and picking up 2 wins and 2 draws as we further cement our place in mid table. We opened up with a 2-1 win at M69 rivals Leicester following that up with 1-1 draw at Brentford. We then welcomed beaten EFL Cup finalists Stoke and went away with another 2-1 win followed by yet another 1-1 draw at West Ham. This left us safely in 12th place with some breathing room and allowed us to look at going higher going into our last two games in May.

May
Last two games of the season in May and it is turning into a bit of a pattern. We came into our penultimate game against Everton and ran away with a 2-1 win. We followed this up then with the final game of the season we came up against Aston Villa who we've a poor record against and came away with a credible 1-1 draw. These results left us ending the season in 11th place which is our best finish yet!

View attachment 93318View attachment 93317

Youth Intake
We also had our youth intake in March and as always it has been a decent intake with some players having good potential to come through and if arm is not twisted stay at the club and go on to play a big part.

View attachment 93316

2021/2022 Seaon Review

So here we are at the end of another season in the Premier League and by God has it been a good one. We had our best ever finish yet in the Premier League and capped it off with winning the EFL Cup meaning we will be making our first visit into Europe next season. Anyway below I'll cover the season and the awards that have been received by the players.

So first thing first is the player stats! Many of the goals and such were shared around between all the attackers with almost everyone else chipping in with a goal.
View attachment 93310View attachment 93309

Moving onto the commercial summary the club has done pretty well for itself again this season. The club has seen all annual revenue totals increase apart from broadcast revenues but can't really complain as it is still the major piece of income the club has. Jodi Jones has been the most popular shirt seller with Allen and Gallagher joining him in the top 3.
View attachment 93308

Going into the club players awards it was pretty much self explanatory throughout the season. Doria who took home FPOTY was an absolute rock in defense and has played himself into contention next year for either the captain or vice captain role. We also have Abel Ruiz take the other awards on offer with him taking goal of the season, signing of the season and YPOTY award as he really came into his own after a shaky start finishing the year with 13 goals and 7 assists.
View attachment 93307

Finally the overall season review as brought to you by my Press Officer Andrew Palmer. We had some cracking results with the 6-4 win at Watford taking the game of the season, whilst the 5-1 drubbing against Manu United was our moment to forget this year. The games itself had an average attendance of 29,202 meaning the stadium was 89% full on average all year.
View attachment 93306

Goals for next season are below:
  • Do well in the league
  • Good domestic cup runs
  • Try and qualify for the main Euro Cup draw and see where it takes us
  • Discuss with board potential for new stadium
  • Keep key players and improve certain positions

I got promoted via the playoffs in my first season in league 1, then a tycoon bought the club so I spent £25m on players in the summer, currently 1st in the championship!