A Desire To Entertain - The True Arsene Wenger Tactic - 74 GOALS SCORED IN 25 GAMES

James1517

Reaction score
Hi guys, James1517 here, presenting you my 4-2-3-1 tactic based on Arsene Wenger's Arsenal.

View attachment 324798

Over the years Arsene has established his legacy at the London club, and is easily their best ever manager.
He has got them playing some attractive and entertaining football, always looking to attack no matter who they are against, and he's masterminded them to some brilliant wins over the years.

My aim in the tactic i'm about to show you is to emulate Wenger's style of attacking, possession based football with the 4-2-3-1 wide formation which seems to be his most used formation over the last few years.

I used this tactic with Arsenal of course, i have got some absolutely astonishing results. First competitive game in the Community Shield against City, destroyed them 8-1 :)

Also this tactic has been tested with Milan and had good success as you'll see below.

View attachment 324797View attachment 725503
View attachment 324796View attachment 324792View attachment 324791View attachment 324790View attachment 324789

So as you can see, a lot of goals scored (74 in 25 games), pretty decent possession stats as well. Ozil has been absolutely insane for me!
So now i will show you the tactic itself:

View attachment 324784View attachment 324783

​I've heard people a few times saying that "Much higher tempo" doesn't go with possession style football. I sort of agree and disagree. I believe that with that instruction, you move the ball quicker, more with a purpose and more likely to produce goal scoring opportunities however you may sacrifice a little bit of possession. Wenger's Arsenal don't always have more possession than the opponent, which is how it is with this tactic. I simply cannot stand a possession tactic where the players will pass it around slowly and ineffectively, with no real threat on the opposition's goal.
The "Much higher defensive line" and "use offside trap" instructions are meant to replicate Arsenal's zonal marking-offisde trap in real life, which i think i have done successfully.

Opposition instructions
Unless you know what you are doing, leave them to your assistant manager (try and get a good one like Mauro Tassotti)

Pre-season training
View attachment 324777

During-season training
View attachment 324776

Tips
Please don't expect this tactic to click immediately if you try this, it needs time to get fluid, and it needs the right players. I have only tried this tactic with Arsenal, and i plan to try it with Newcastle, so i don't know whether this works for lower league teams.
You may need to make some adjustments depending on your squad, for example you may have to mirror the tactic if you've got 2 left footed left wingers and 2 left footed right wingers, and change the IF/S to the AMR and W/A to AML, WB/S to DL, WB/A to DR, DLP/D and BBM/S swapped around.
I recommend you individually train your players to the positions in the tactic.
I also recommend you arrange between 7-9 friendlies in order to get this tactic fluid quicker, you should also make sure you get a good assistant manager like Mauro Tassotti with good man-management, motivation and tactical knowledge. Get some good coaches to help with the fluidity of the tactic as well.
As i said i haven't tried this tactic with any other teams, so it may not be the best for a lower league team, but by all means try it and let me know how you get on
:)

Here is the download, would really appreciate it if you try it and give me feedback and perhaps some suggestions on improvement. Thanks for reading, feel free to ask any questions.

View attachment 324769

NOTE:
If you start having problems with away games, perhaps conceding too many goals, then try this version. It is designed for away games, but please try and use the download above first for away games as i've had good results with it. The only changes to this away version, is the defensive line is changed to "push higher up" and T/A is changed to AP/S.

View attachment 324766

Last edited:
Will try this out with Leeds(3 season). Will keep you updated.

Is this used also with the new update?

Cheers, and what new update? the away version or is there an actual update that SI have released?

New hotfix came out.

New version 15.1.4

Just asking mate, when i restarted steam, it automatically started downloading updates for FM15 and FM15 editor, but when i go on FM and start a new game it still has data base and version 15.0.? shouldn't there be an option for 15.1.4?

Nice job mate,congratulation. As Arsenal fan and as a supporter of Wenger (one of the few fans of the Arsenal manager at the moment in the world), i'm pleased to see a tactic with his style. I'll test it ;)

Last edited:
Nice job mate,congratulation. As Arsenal fan and as a supporter of Wenger (one of the few fans of the Arsenal manager at the moment in the world), i'm pleased to see a tactic with his style. I'll test it ;)

Thanks, appreciated mate :)

Yeah, i honestly hope Newcastle find their own Wenger soon. He's brought so much stability to your club its unbelievable, yeah maybe a lack of trophies, but he's kept you up there. I still think he's got more in the locker, if you continue to build your squad i genuinely think you will win the title soon.

I am a big fan of arsenal. But I have never managed to redo their style of play. I am going to test it. Your skin is magnificent? It is of you? Where can we look for it?

I am a big fan of arsenal. But I have never managed to redo their style of play. I am going to test it. Your skin is magnificent? It is of you? Where can we look for it?

Love arsenal's style of play, and i think i have successfully replicated most of it :)

The skin was not created by me, but here's the link to download it:
Light Skin for FM15

Let me know how your testing goes on mate

Hi mate I saw your screenshots about pre-season e during-season training, but i don't see any difference. Which is your pre-season training?

Hi mate I saw your screenshots about pre-season e during-season training, but i don't see any difference. Which is your pre-season training?

Pre season:
Balanced - High intensity, slider all the way to left and match training match tactics.

During season:
Balanced - Average, rest after match, slider more to the right, match training attacking movement

Pre season:
Balanced - High intensity, slider all the way to left and match training match tactics.

During season:
Balanced - Average, rest after match, slider more to the right, match training attacking movement

Tnx mate . I'll spend the first 10 days in a physical and athletic training, and then i'll do the same as you. ;)
For the first transfer window do you have any player to suggest? For example an holding midfielder and a CB?

Tnx mate . I'll spend the first 10 days in a physical and athletic training, and then i'll do the same as you. ;)
For the first transfer window do you have any player to suggest? For example an holding midfielder and a CB?

Eder Alvarez Balanta (CB) Sami Khedira and Lucas Romero (DM-you have to get him!)

who are you testing with?

Which team? Arsenal for sure ;) yes Balanta and Romero are brilliant but i'm going to buy someone different like Javi Martinez,Kondogbia,Cabaye,Moutinho,Wanyama or Lars Bender (my favorite CM from fm14). I'll test and then i'll inform you about the tactic ;)

Very Great Tactic for higher team like FC Barça. i don't test with lower/mid team. Nice job dude ! i win everything with this tactic

Very Great Tactic for higher team like FC Barça. i don't test with lower/mid team. Nice job dude ! i win everything with this tactic

Cheers appreciated mate :) do you like the style of play?