A Dutch Manager Story, Feyenoords Return To World Top (FM 2016 Touch iOS)

we love you Feyenoord we do, we love you Feyenoord we do, oh Feyenoord we love you!

Tu tu tu tu tu tu tu tu tu tu tu tu tuuuu HEY HO VOOR FEYENOORD \o/

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

PRE-SEASON

(Seems as a new user on this forum, i cannot put alot of links up yet. So for now not too many visuals..)

View attachment 150743

Now, this is my first story and I will make a slow start because of this and also for the fact I am fairly new to Football Manager, having only played a few versions casually.

Now, let's get it on!

Feyenoord are still looking for a new talented manager to lead them to the top. Former Feyenoord player Giovanni Van Bronckhorst resigned as a manager to make room for a carerully selected newbie.

On social media #FeyenoordComeback has been hitting the trending areas on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn among others.

On July 1 Feyenoord Board decided to agree on a contract with the 27 years old Steven Uzeel. He is an ex-professional player who mostly played in Russia and Australia, also having won his fair share of prizes.

On the announcing press conference Steven had words of gratitude, ambition and passion.
"I am looking forward to live the dream, to empower this AMAZING club. I thank the board, players and staff for believing in me. All we can do now is sing three words.... HAND IN HAND...."

I have sent some youth players off for loans, they will definitely have more playtime being outdoors.

Also I have brought in 'Freebie' 34 years old finisher Matthew Amoah, since I feel we need more scoring power in the first 11. He will be at the end of the field and be making goals, I hope!
Kramer and Kazim-Richards are waiting in line behind him to take his spot on the field.

I brought in 'Freebie' Yannick de Wit as backup for the right wing defence and midfield.

Høgli (€240K) is a backup defensive winger, we can use all the support.

We will start with a 4-3-3 formation. The players are used to this and I feel this will help bring in points.

af8006ee9c994a7c83216487b475cfb5.jpg

This is the squad, for now atleast.

More coming!

Last edited:
August '15

View attachment 150729

AUGUST '15
The loaned (youth)players are doing very well. A few games in and they all appear to do their best!
View attachment 150730

The games in August weren't out best. We had injuries from the start and this might have helped our opponent teams. I will have to get the team in shape, I am already exploiting the 'Roulation System' just to keep everyone fit.
Some players have international games upcoming so we need everyone we have in this club!
View attachment 150728

Currently at 16th place in Eredivisie, with 3 ties and 1 loss game.
It is not the worst start. We will improve!
HAND IN HAND KAMERADEN
View attachment 150727

Our First Official Win

View attachment 150726

Our First Offical Win!

Today we won 2-0 versus Willem II. Not the toughest game and I am happy we got three points which brings us from 16th to 9th place.
Meanwhile, our injury list is growing every day. Most injuries take a few months, it is time to bring the talented youth in!

View attachment 150725

View attachment 150724

KAMPIOENEN!

Last edited:
View attachment 150720
SEPTEMBER 2015 UPDATE

Feyenoord players won a few games, happy to work with changed tactics! We should be able to produce more goals now and have a great team atmosphere in and off the field.

I hope we win all games in October. I know we can get all the points! Most important is the Cup since we are doing well in it I feel we can go far. The board is expecting us to reach Finals so..

View attachment 150719

We are currently still 9th with one game behind. A win can mean a sweet 7th place for now
View attachment 150718

HAND IN HAND KAMERADEN

View attachment 150583
October 2015 Update

We didn't win all our games, though we did not lose any. We won the game versus #1 AZ which increases our chance on Championship! We won the cup which is good too.
A tie against Heerenveen was our only 'Give Away'
For so far a good job!
View attachment 150576

Four matches in November and I want the team to get 12 points. It should be doable since Feyenoord is getting in shape. When we win the ADO, Ajax and Twente games the goal is achieved, I do not care about the Excelsior win since they are at bottom and in same city.. We will probably win anyway ;-)
View attachment 150570
After December we will have some nice new year's matches and the end of the season will only get easier, I hope.

This is our next Cup opponent in December, a 3rd divison team, Rijnburgse Boys
View attachment 150569

Speaking about Division, we are standing 4th in Eredivisie!
View attachment 150568

We are going to play in a slightly different formation for a while, my assistant manager reminded me the teams scores more in this particular 4-1-2-3 with a Defensive Mid. Will be our El Ahmadi who is in BRILLIANT form.
View attachment 150567

The club finances are very average. I hope this season will bring in some welcome cashes!
View attachment 150566

\o/ WE LOVE YOU FEYENOORD, WE DO \o/

View attachment 150563
A SHORT UPDATE

Our players who are loaned to other clubs are playing decently!
You can check their game stats here.
View attachment 150562

We are in the squad of the week once again, this week we almost fill the entire midfield!
View attachment 150561

Injury update: Dirk Kuyt is out again. I wonder if he'll be able to stay fit this season..
View attachment 150560

Last, but not least, the board say my job security is "safe".
Competions: the board is content as to our yearly goals.
Games: the supporters (Het Legioen) are content.
Club Image: too early to judge on. But I am sure it will get better as the season ends.
Transfers: according to supporter's spokeman, the supporters feel let-down..
Club finances: the board is content with the player's salaries.
Player group cohesion: the board gives a thumbs up!
View attachment 150559

YOU'll NEVER WALK ALONE!

View attachment 150105
NOVEMBER 2015 UPDATE

November was great, we won all games besides the Twente game (1-1).
Happy we are on a better streak now!
View attachment 150104

We are currently on a loose 3rd place now, because Ajax can get on top on us with a win. They played one game less.
View attachment 150103

The injury list is shorter now. Kuyt, among others is back, now we have Matthew Amoah and and Tom Høgli left. Hope they are fit soon!

The loaned out youthplayers are playing averagely, atleast they are having more gametime than with Feyenoords 1st team.
View attachment 150102

December will be over quickly with only four games. Then I will have to look into the transfer market for selling and loaning out some players.

View attachment 149533
DECEMBER 2015 & JANUARY 2016
UPDATE

View attachment 149531
December brought us 7 points and our first loss since a few months. We are in better shape than before!
Also January was a fine month with 10 points after three wins and a tie vs. AZ.

View attachment 149530
At the moment we are 2nd on top. With our Champions goal I hope we will perform as we do now and the title will be ours!

View attachment 149529
As you can see, the Experts put us on a hypothetical 3rd place at the end of this season.

TRANSFERS
View attachment 149528
We brought in Romano van der Stoep as a new striker, since a lot of attacking players did not achieve well. We just had too many of them I guess.
Romano has a high finishing skill and he is quite young. I believe 21 years old, so he might be our long-term striker if he does well!
As manager I sold some players who I thought were decent enough, but just not performing. I feel a new club for them is best for them, because I want to focus on the youth and we need top players if we want to continue next year in Europe :)

View attachment 149527
Profits of our sales are good for the club finances, another reason for me to sell unused players. The board and supporters are pleased with latest Transfer Period.

View attachment 149526
Players on loan.. Most are performing decently, though some are only used as a stand-in. This is something I will prevent next year, bcause the players are at another club to play, not to sit on the bench..

I am wondering, are my posts including too few details to be an interesting read?
No one seems to reply on this , so maybe some inspiration would be a nice addition.

I'm enjoying the story, too. I just didn't have anything particularly useful to say.