Cole89

Reaction score
View attachment 357295

View attachment 357297View attachment 357296

In this story I will be aiming to Bring Kyiv back to the top of Ukrainian football, from the 92/93 season till the 00/01 season kyiv have claimed the League title every season while also winning their domestic cup 5 times. However in more recent times Dynamo Kyiv have seen their dominance of Ukrainian football slip a little as Shakhtar Donetsk have won 8 out of the last 12 league titles.... Onto how I have started the season....

I have loaded up the main European countries, England, Germany, Italy, Spain Etc along with Brazil & Argentina. I forgot to change the game start date to Ukraine so instead I started on the 17th July which means I missed the pre-season and the first league game.

Here is the squad that I have at my disposal at the start.

View attachment 357348View attachment 357349

The player that's marked is a signing made by me. A fairly strong side which is more than capable of regaining top spot in Ukraine, maybe even a decent run in Europe in the coming seasons. The main players to keep an eye out for is Maxym Koval (GK), Denys Garmash (DCM) and Andriy Yarmolenko (AML).

Onto the transfers, after adjusting the budgets I was given a transfer budget of £13.9m, A fairly healthy budget as there is no major position in need of improving just yet so I brought in a couple of youngsters for the future.

View attachment 357356

At only 18 he still has years of improving ahead of him and I can personally see him becoming a club favorite.

View attachment 357358

This guy will join at the end of January for £2.6m.

The rest of the transfers are as followed

View attachment 357361

Right.... Now for the fixtures.

July

Chornomorets 2-0 Dynamo Kyiv (UPL)

Dynamo Kyiv 3-0 Goverla (UPL)
Veloso, Dudu, Garmash

Dynamo Kyiv 2-1 Metalist (UPL)
Bezus, Vida

A good solid month, 2 wins out of 2 (Missed the first game due to the start date) including 1 over possible title contenders (Metalist)

Player Of The Month

View attachment 357366
Denys Garmash

August

Dynamo Kyiv 0-0 Feyenoord (CLBPQ) (Leg 1)

Metalurg 0-1 Dynamo Kyiv (UPL)
Veloso

Feyenoord 1-2 Dynamo Kyiv (CLBPQ) (Leg 2)
Yarmolenko, Ideye

Dynamo Kyiv 5-0 Volyn (UPL)
Ideye (4), Bezus

Zorya 1-2 Dynamo Kyiv (UPL)
Khacheridi, Ideye

Udinese 1-1 Dynamo Kyiv (CLBPP) (Leg 1)
Kranjcar

Dynamo Kyiv 2-0 Tavria (UPL)
Ideye, Bezus(P)

Dynamo Kyiv 3-0 Udinese (CLBPP) (Leg 2)
Ideye, Mykhalyk, Milevskyi

An extremely busy month in which we remained unbeaten under my management. Overcoming Feyenoord & Udinese to qualify for the Group stages of the Champions League in which we will face, AC Milan, Montpellier & Ajax.

We have also completed the signings of 2 more players for a fee of around £5m.

View attachment 357455View attachment 357456

Player Of The Month

View attachment 357457
Brown Ideye

League Table

View attachment 357460

So.... What do you guys think of my start? Any suggestions on transfers to keep an eye out for?

I've just noticed I forgot to post my tactics on the opening post so here they are....

View attachment 357626

September

Illichivets 0-2 Dynamo Kyiv (UPL)
Bezus, Dudu

Dynamo Kyiv 2-0 Karpaty (UPL)
Ideye, Khacheridi

Montpellier 1-1 Dynamo Kyiv (CL)
Mykhalyk

Arsenal Kyiv 0-1 Dynamo Kyiv (UPL)
Ideye

Desna 1-2aet Dynamo Kyiv (UC) (2nd Round)
Israilov, Bernado

Dynamo Kyiv 1-0 Shakhtar (UPL)
Tsurikov

Another great unbeaten month extends our run to 16 games without defeat. A little disappointed in the draw with Montpellier as they are a team I expected to beat comfortably.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 357633
Taras Mykhalyk

October

Dynamo Kyiv 3-2 AC Milan (CL)
Gusev, Bezus, Ideye

Kryvbas 2-0 Dynamo Kyiv (UPL)

Dynamo Kyiv 3-1 Dnipro (UPL)
Bernado, Mykhalyk, Khachediri

Dynamo Kyiv 0-1 Ajax (CL)

Vorskla 0-2 Dynamo Kyiv (UPL)
Veloso, Jano

Sumy 0-3 Dynamo Kyiv (UC) (3rd Round)
Dudu, Yarmolenko, Ideye

A slightly up and down month as we beat Milan in the champions league to then go and lose my first game of the season to bottom side Kryvbas in the league. The Ajax game could have easily gone our way but unfortunately it didn't.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 357639
Bernardo

Champions League Table

View attachment 357640

League Table

View attachment 357641

Any Thoughts? Leave a Comment...

Nice story, bit of an unusual team to manage. Might make a save managing in Ukraine aswell

I (well my wife) support Shaktar but Ill be following.

Some comments:

1) Bernardo looks awesome - who did you buy him from?!
2) A Ukrainian save without Russia also loaded is not wise.

I (well my wife) support Shaktar but Ill be following.

Some comments:

1) Bernardo looks awesome - who did you buy him from?!
2) A Ukrainian save without Russia also loaded is not wise.

1) I signed him from Vasco in Brazil for £3.5m which I thinks a bargain considering he's worth £5.5m already
2) Don't worry I have Russia loaded up :p along with England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Ukraine, Argentina & Brazil

Welcome back to my Dynamo Kyiv save, last time out saw us begin the season on great form minus the couple of slip ups in Europe. The team are looking strong going forward, creating plenty of chances if only they could convert more of them. The defense are solid too with the help of our two defensive midfielders dropping back when under attack. Lets hope we can continue are early season form and reclaim the title back from Shakhtar.

November

Dynamo Kyiv 5-1 Metalurg Zp (UPL)

Ideye(3), Tsurikov, Jano

Ajax 1-2 Dynamo Kyiv (CL)

Bezus(2)(P)

Dynamo Kyiv 3-0 Chornomorets (UPL)

Mykhalyk, Ideye, Yarmolenko

Dynamo Kyiv 1-3 Montpellier (CL)

Yarmolenko

Goverla 1-3 Dynamo Kyiv (UPL)

Yarmolenko, Dudu(2)

Again another disappointing result against Montpellier in Europe which leaves it all a bit close going into the final group game. We will qualify as runners up to the french side if we avoid defeat to Milan and Ajax fail to beat Montpellier. It looks like we've put the defeat last month in the league behind us with 3 great wins.

Player Of The Month

Andriy Yarmolenko

Andriy had a great month scoring 3 and setting up more. He will have to keep up his recent form as there's a lot of competition for the same place.

December

Metalist 1-1 Dynamo Kyiv (UPL)

Mykhalyk

AC Milan 3-2 Dynamo Kyiv (CL)

Yarmolenko, Milevskyi

Only 2 games played this month due to the winter break. A disappointing draw against Metalist gave Shakhtar the chance to close the gap on us at the top. The defeat against Milan was gutting as we were the better side throughout the game but just couldn't convert our chances. Ajax grabbed the point they needed to seal the runners up spot, while we slip into the Europa League where we will face AZ of holland.

Player Of The Month

Can't really choose anybody this month due to the lack of games.

Champions League Group Table

League Table

January & February

I'm going to post these months together as the Ukrainian league are still on their break till the back end on February so not a lot went on.

One thing that has happened is that the board decided to up the transfer budget due to me raising their expectations, so with this extra coin I decided to go on a spending spree. The first coming in was Aleksandar Mitrovic from serbian side Partizan for £2.6m, the fee and contract was signed way back in July but couldn't be completed until now. Next up was a 17 year old striker from Zenit by the name of Luka Djordjevic who only cost £900k. The biggest signing of the window was that of Senegalese center back Kara from Genk for a fee of around £8.25m, bringing the total spending for the season so far to £20.5m. Only one notable player left, Niko Kranjcar left for Cluj on loan till the end of the season bringing in a fee of £100k a month.

AZ 2-0 Dynamo Kyiv (ECKS) (Leg 1)

Dynamo Kyiv 1-0 AZ (ECKS) (Leg 2)

Ideye

When the draw was made I thought it would be a relatively easy game, and to be honest it was. In the first leg Milevskyi had 2 first half goals ruled out and a second half penalty shout turned down. In the second leg we had another goal ruled out which looked a bit dodgy. If these decisions had gone our way then we would have been safely through but unfortunately we're not. Now to focus on staying top in the league.

Any Thoughts? Leave A Comment

Although I am a Bundesliga fan my second favourite league is the Russian Sogaz Premier League. Although I like the EPL I am a huge fan of Easern European football, so after England comes Ukraine, Hungary and etc.

I like the story thus far and look forward to Dynamo getting the title back. Shame on your early exit from the Europa League but you look like you are doing really well domestically. Bernardo looks like a champ, however are you having language problems? Once I control of CSKA Moskva and I bought a few African players, their stats were great and they were cheaply brought, however they had issues melding with the team due to language barriers.

Just curious are you able to post up the profile pics of your latest signings?

Welcome Back......

Last time out saw us get knocked out of the champions league rather unluckily in my opinion, we were also knocked out of the Europa league. Can we maintain our domestic form and clinch the title? I guess we'll soon find out.

March

I usually look forward to this month due to the youth intake and with some top youth and training facilities I was hopeful of some real gems coming through. However I was completely wrong, the best player we brought through was only 3* potential so its safe to say that none of them were offered contracts so therefore there's no point in posting a pic. I have managed to agree fee's for a few regens that will join at the end of the season, they are:

Nikola Kozic - £900k
Krzysztof Rogalski - £650k
Zafer Karatas - £5.5m

I still have my eye on a few more youth players but it all depends on the budget for next season. Another player we've agreed a fee for is Santos's Victor Andrade who will also join at the end of the season. Lets see some results.

Dynamo Kyiv 2-0 Metalurg D (UPL)
Milevskyi, Khacheridi

Volyn 1-2 Dynamo Kyiv (UPL)
Yarmolenko, Mitrovic

Dynamo Kyiv 3-0 Zorya (UPL)
Ideye(3)

Tavria 1-1 Dynamo Kyiv (UPL)
Ideye

Dynamo Kyiv 1-0 Illichivets (UPL)
Bezus

Almost the perfect month, Tavria have got their keeper to thank for keeping us out as we bombarded their goal from start to finish. Brown Ideye once again proving that he's the main striker this season grabbing 4 goals including a hat-trick against Zorya.

Player Of The Month
Brown Ideye

His goals have been invaluable this month/season.

April

Karpaty 1-5 Dynamo Kyiv (UPL)
Veloso, Bezus(3), Ideye

Dynamo Kyiv 2-1 Arsenal Kyiv (UPL)
Bezus, Yarmolenko

Shakhtar 2-1 Dynamo Kyiv (UC) (QTR Final)
Yarmolenko

Shakhtar 2-2 Dynamo Kyiv (UPL)
Ideye(2)

Dynamo Kyiv 7-2 Kryvbas (UPL)
Dudu(3), Bezus(2), Ideye, Djordjevic

****** Shakhtar
angry.png
, believe it or not that cup defeat was the only game so far this season that we haven't come out on top of the possession stats. It was sweet revenge over Kryvbas after they're the only team to beat me this season in the league, we should have scored more after we had 1 disallowed in the first half then a penalty miss in the second. Another thing to mention about that game was that all 7 of our goals came in the first half. With 3 games left to play we currently sit top 7 points clear so a win in the next game will win us the league.

Player of the month
Roman Bezus

Need I say anything about him this month? 6 goals in 4 games at an average rating of 8, its proving to be a great debut season for the 22 year old midfielder.

May

A couple of days before the Dnipro game the chairman offered me a new 3 year contract which of course I accepted.

Dnipro 0-3 Dynamo Kyiv (UPL)
Ideye(3)

Dynamo Kyiv 1-0 Vorskla (UPL)
Mitrovic

Metalurg D 0-4 Dynamo Kyiv (UPL)
Ideye(2), Khacheridi, Dudu

So.... With the win over Dnipro we have clawed back the title from Shakhtar with 2 games to spare. We thoroughly deserved to win the title as we sat at the top since the 6th game of the season, and a great way to end the campaign with 3 clean sheets.

Player Of The Month
Olexandr Shovkovskiy

A great month for the veteran keeper, it will probably be the last for the team as I'm looking to Koval to finally cement his place next season.

Final League Table

So there is our first season in charge of Dynamo Kyiv I'll leave you with the final player stats and also the team stats for the league as well as the squads ratings.

Thanks for reading guys......

Although I am a Bundesliga fan my second favourite league is the Russian Sogaz Premier League. Although I like the EPL I am a huge fan of Easern European football, so after England comes Ukraine, Hungary and etc.

I like the story thus far and look forward to Dynamo getting the title back. Shame on your early exit from the Europa League but you look like you are doing really well domestically. Bernardo looks like a champ, however are you having language problems? Once I control of CSKA Moskva and I bought a few African players, their stats were great and they were cheaply brought, however they had issues melding with the team due to language barriers.

Just curious are you able to post up the profile pics of your latest signings?

The screenshots are linked to the players name

Nice story, bit of an unusual team to manage. Might make a save managing in Ukraine aswell
lol there are two kyiv stories going at the mo! Go for Dnipro if you do they have never won anything are the 3rd best team in ukraine and have some awesome ukrainians