A few problems I have with the game...(not a rage thread i promise)

LDPLFC

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm actually not going badly with my Liverpool save, I have won the league and got to 2 CL finals in a row however I do have a few problems which i genuinely believe the game/AI fixes against you.

Penalties - Fabinho has a high rating of 18 in penalties yet he has scored 30% of them in 3 years and I have never won a penaltie shootout out of 5.

Clear cut chances - I understand that players miss 1on1 chances, I see it first hand all the time being a Liverpool fan however there has been countless games where players with high finishing attributes miss CCCs on over 5+ occasions.

Tactics not working due to update - this is my worst. I work hard on creating a tactic, watching game after game after game, tweaking and finally finding the perfect tactic and then all of a sudden FM has a 'fix' update that deems my tactic irrelevant which is so demoralizing. Release a game that f'in works ffs.

Anyway, I felt I needed to discuss this as the more it gets talked about then SI might listen.

Thanks,
LDP

Don't trust CCCs. I don't know how they're calculated, exactly. I believe there's a post somewhere about it, which sounds likely to be right, about distance to goal, whether there is a line of sight clear to goal, etc. I think the game counts the CCCs as an average fan or TV commentarist does, which has little to do with real CCCs. I've seen plenty of chances that were must be goal counted as half chance or nothing, and chances that should never go in counted as CCCs. I think in regard to that the best is to ignore the statistics the game tells you and go with what you see on the screen. Then again, so many people call must scores to chances goalkeepers should be preventing 99% of times that it's not really a valid advice if it's not preceded with "learn to know what a CCC looks like". This is a rant coming from the point in general thought, I'm not meaning it at you, as I don't know if you're one of the few who can indeed tell a real good chance from a ****** chance commentators keep calling must score.

If you understand Spanish (or you may use Google translate), read this Bipancho y el mundo. : GEOMETRÍA PARA IMPEDIR EL GOL for a start on it. Bipancho is a professional futsal (or however the indoors football is called) goalkeeping coach.

How many times people say a striker should score a chance where he got to the ball with the goalkeeper inches from the goal, hence blocking every possible angle between the ball and any piece of net? That kind of chance is also counted as CCC by the game engine, but actually those are chances that can't ever go in.

Or when a ball is sent very long to a striker, so the goalkeeper has ages to calculate where the striker will meet the ball for the shot and hence have all the time to know where to place themselves and when and how to jump if needed? Those may end in goal, but are actually very hard chances, as any decent goalkeeper should know where the ball will be headed or kicked at and it demands the striker to be able to make the shot in a direction that's unexpected and, necessarily, less than comfortable to shot.

Then you have some chances where the attacker has a lot of angle to send the ball to the net away from the goalkeeper's reach, but since he's not quite close, when he misses that actually great chance he should've scored, the commentators dismiss it as a logical miss.

So, forget the CCCs. It is true SI should work on the CCCs, but not in the way of making what the engine counts as CCCs to end in goal more often, but in making it stop counting as CCCs chances that in no way deserve be considered such and count others that do deserve to be such like it. When I see the chances it doesn't count as CCC but should, they more often than not go in. So actually the conversion rates of real CCCs is about right, it's just that the game doesn't report correctly what is a CCC and what isn't.

Last edited:
The game is a joke currently.... SI won't do anything about it either.

I have been a football manager fan for a lot of years now. I buy the game every year and I probably always will. In the first rendition of this years title, I thought some serious improvements had been made. It felt like the game wasn't trying to hold you back, and that your tactic was performing as it should. For example, if you dominated a team, you would be rewarded with a win most of the time.

I constantly have games now, however, where I am simply dominant, yet they may come away with a 1-0 win, with my strikers missing the most basic of chances. It is horrendously frustrating. I feel like every time SI patch the game, in this year and the last years, they make it worse. They make the game harder to succeed at, not by making it a tougher challenge against the opposition, but where your team will fail to play the football you set them out to play, and will not finish any chances they have, where the oppositions strikers will.

Anything that was effective in the game- free-kicks for example, have now been nerfed fully. It went from being able to score free-kicking to the developers going "oh no, free-kicks work, the ruin them entirely!"

I hope SI devs are on the look out for posts like this or scan these forums, because I want them to know they have yet again ruined their game.