a few questions- arsenal transfers and missing players....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichGray

Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive started horribly as arsenal in my second season, after winning the league brilliantly last season. I imagine this is probably due to my transfer policy. SO far:

Out:
B Sagna (16M to Barcelona)
Eduardo (10M to Real Madrid)
Denilson ( Unhappy, so 7M to AC Milan)
M Almunia (9M to Barcelona)

In:
Rene Adler (25M from Leverkusen)
Jack Rodwell (14.6M from Everton)
Sebastien Corchia (young Right Back, 5M from Le Mans)

Id just like some advice on what to do differently, due to having a back up save at the end of my good season. Adler is playing seriously well, but my defence is poor. Im playing Eboue/Cristian Ansaldi at RB at present, and not doing well.) Denilson was unhappy so i had to let him go really, but using Diaby as a partner for Fabregas doesnt seem to have the same effect. ****, if i can't create scoring chances for EDIN DZEKO and Nicklas Bendtner, i must be struggling. :p
Can anyone suggest who i should have kept/sold./brought in??

Another minor thing, i cant seem to find certain players when i search. players for obscure clubs and young ones that people have suggested dont come up, such as Kiki Fonseca, Lacina Traore, Simon Vukcevic etc. Anyone have any idea why i cant find them?

Cheers!
Rich

Should have kept Sagna, got rid of Diaby.

Adler for £25m was bit daft, could have saved the money and got someone cheaper in goal/kept Almunia and a new DMC (Lukman Haruna is brilliant for me as Liverpool in MC next to Mascherano/Gerrard).

You might not be able to find those players because of your database size/leagues loaded.

Considered closing this as it should be in the looking for players, player roles & tactics threads.

Last edited:
well if you cant find them you need a bigger database so tht sucks for u altho u can find vukcevic in sporting check their team and their transfer history... i also would recommend u buy center defenders and ansaldi is a good back up not much of a starting tho you can go for azpillita( check spelling) plays for oscauna i think and well for center backs i would recommend you get otamendi turns really class also if sakho still at psg .. and depends on how much you still got improve your midfield with either moutinho or veloso... i would sell bentender tho btw,,

well if you cant find them you need a bigger database so tht sucks for u altho u can find vukcevic in sporting check their team and their transfer history... i also would recommend u buy center defenders and ansaldi is a good back up not much of a starting tho you can go for azpillita( check spelling) plays for oscauna i think and well for center backs i would recommend you get otamendi turns really class also if sakho still at psg .. and depends on how much you still got improve your midfield with either moutinho or veloso... i would sell bentender tho btw,,

right, so keep sagna, and get a better centre mid than Diaby.

i thought Adler was worth a fair amount? he's certainly made some stunning saves in my more time-advanced game. he just hasnt gelled properly yer.

And as for Bendtner, i would disagree. I pawned Eduardo because Bendtner is getting really good, i would even dare say simliar to Dzeko, except his long shots are worse.

actually dzeko is way better than bendtner even artim milvesky is way better too you could try signing him too he is class depends on wat tactics u using... i wouldnt recommend u reloading ur game tho as it wud be like cheating jusy keep with ur game and try improve things... and if u sell sagna tht azpillta guy is class too so wud cover pretty well... as for the keeper adler, neur , hugo lloris and akinfeev are best 4 keepers... for midfield depends on wat kind of midfielder u need but i would recommend veloso or moutinho would be real good and wudnt be soo very expensive...

actually dzeko is way better than bendtner even artim milvesky is way better too you could try signing him too he is class depends on wat tactics u using... i wouldnt recommend u reloading ur game tho as it wud be like cheating jusy keep with ur game and try improve things... and if u sell sagna tht azpillta guy is class too so wud cover pretty well... as for the keeper adler, neur , hugo lloris and akinfeev are best 4 keepers... for midfield depends on wat kind of midfielder u need but i would recommend veloso or moutinho would be real good and wudnt be soo very expensive...

for midfield, i need a passer. the point of Denilson in my old tactics was to take hold of the ball when Fabregas was put under pressure- it allowed Fab to move around and get the ball back to start plays up to the front. So, for the replacement i need someone with excellent passing, positioning, concentration, with dribbling and creativity desirable too. is Veloso a good passer?

I would have got Azpilicueta (there you go (H)), but my scouts said he would need 20M+. I found a young RB, Sebastien Corchia, but he's still way too young. Eboue is ****, Ansaldi is hit and miss- can produce great stuff, but not all the time. Im thinking of Serdar Tasci or Andreas Beck, but im not sure if they are good enough.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

and im not high or drunk lol, Bendtner is getting very good on my game. 9 goals in 14.

okay my opnion would be sell eboue get ansaldi as back up for sagna as he is a great backup and get sebastien corchia and loan him out instantly for a team you would knw he wud get first team football so he can get better... and well check both veloso and moutinho both are really good i like veloso tho cause he is verstaile can be dmf, or mc and is orange for dc too both are good passers tho...check their stats and compare them:D as for bendtner i am such an arsenal fan but i hate him dunno why i cant see him playing i would love if arsenal for real got dzekoo he wud get like 50 goals a season:D

okay my opnion would be sell eboue get ansaldi as back up for sagna as he is a great backup and get sebastien corchia and loan him out instantly for a team you would knw he wud get first team football so he can get better... and well check both veloso and moutinho both are really good i like veloso tho cause he is verstaile can be dmf, or mc and is orange for dc too both are good passers tho...check their stats and compare them:D as for bendtner i am such an arsenal fan but i hate him dunno why i cant see him playing i would love if arsenal for real got dzekoo he wud get like 50 goals a season:D

Thanks for the tips, theyll be useful.

I know what you mean about Dzeko! My dad says that with the chances that we create, we could get a Championship centre forward and turn him into 20 goals a season. with Dzeko and our brilliant AMs, we'd have Barca crying. (H)

actually thats exactly what i say if we got like villa or something he can get like 30+ a season altho come on i like barca they play brilliant football:D

actually thats exactly what i say if we got like villa or something he can get like 30+ a season altho come on i like barca they play brilliant football:D

yeah i love Barca too, only team IMO that can outpass arsenal, but the whole Fabregas thing gets annoying after a while. I think they are a great team. Hate Real Madrid though. they have a bit of smugness about them. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.