A few questions regarding regens

Gishi

Reaction score
Hi!

I've made a database where I've edited the Norwegian league for a game I'm gonna play with some friends. I "buffed" the facilities of most norwegian clubs, and also increased the size of most cities, including some to 20 mill+, hoping that that would help generate more talented youngsters.

I've run the league with one manager on holiday for up to 30 seasons several times, and used genie to scout the generated players as time goes by, and it seems that the best players are still "born" in Brazil, Argentina, England, Spain, Holland, France and Italy (mostly). Norway produces maybe one 190-195 PA player every fifth year or something, and maybe 10 180+, which I guess is more than usual, but still a bit worse than the best countries.

Also, I've noticed that one Norways main page (where there are clickable tabs for the national team, the u21 team, the u19, and so on), it still says population for Norway is 4.9 mill.

Questions:
1. Is it even possible to affect the regens generated from a specific country, or is that somehow programmed in something that the editor can't touch?

2. Is it perhaps based on the already excisting players from the given country (something I doubt, as there are hardly any norwegian players at above 160 CA and PA prior to editing, whereas I, as mentioned, got some 190+ players after my edits)?

3. Am I right in thinking that the way to increase the odds of getting good regens is increasing the facilities of the clubs in the given nation and increasing the size of its cities?

Answers:
1. You are correct in q3, better training facilities = better regens.
2. No I don't think so
3. Yeah training facilities are the biggest factor, not much to do with the size of the country/city though.

I was also under the impression that Nation reputation played a part in improving regens but I may be wrong?