Slimchap

Reaction score
Sorry I don't have the patience to go through pages or many searches to try and find answers to all of these, so I'll just list them; but just some questions that have popped up after many many hours of my FM16 playthrough that I'm wondering if are the norm, the match engine, or I'm doing something wrong.

Header tennis - So often in highlights my players will when the ball falls to them just head it away, doesn't seem to matter where, doesn't matter if they're in space and I have retain possession on or not, they just get beneath it and loft it back into the air, which happens again and again until 7 or 8 headers sometimes have been strung together. This is premier league level football btw.

Impossible angle shots - I play wingers and inside fowards, but am getting pretty frustrated with them constantly trying their luck from 5 or 10 degree angles to the goal when there is a suuuuuuper easy layoff for a 99% surefire goal. The players in question vary hugely, so its not a case of a lack of teamwork as most of them have a half decent score for it. I also have tried getting them to go to the byline and instruct crosses, but it seems that if they can visibly see the goal they'll have a ridiculous effort to no avail.

Players wanting away - This one is maddening and I'm fairly sure just a sign of how sports interactive can't afford the time to go quite so deep with their programming, but I've got a few well known wonderkid talents in Mammana and Odegaard who both have asked for the chance to leave to bigger and better things.

I'm playing as Brighton and Hove Albion, so despite being in the premier league I can sort of understand this when Bayern or one of the other massive clubs starts to sniff around; however its insane when they say 'I have to play in the champions league and I don't feel I can get that here' when the club have just qualified for the Champions League and are on to win the title with only 2 league games left...
What's worse is that none of the response options state this, just the usual 'I'm going to bring in some great players to help you achieve your ambition etc' and in the end I have to take the hardline of telling them they'll have to run down their contracts because they aren't going anywhere; teammates get involved until I tell them its for the good of the team and then hey ho said wonderkid is the least popular kid in school.

This problem honestly shouldn't be happening, has anyone else had it? Top of the BPL, qualified for Champions League, into the Europa League final and to top it all off there aren't actually any clubs interested in them with the last instance of this, as funny as it was when Mammana told me that Benfica would be a dream move for him and how could I ever block his dreams when he first got restless. So yeah anyone got any thoughts? Would love some know-it-all to have some magic answer to these gripes!

I've had the same problem, on my first save with players wanting away - the pre-set answers / returns are not quite good enough and I've ended up ******* off most of my players.

I think it has to do with the stature of your team, although you are successful you problem below Benfica in rep.

I find that in this year FM version you get FM'ed more tha:Sn ever before and it's very frustrating... very often my team has 40+ shots and score 0 goals but my opponent has only 2-3 shots and score 2 goals