dgoacher

Reaction score
Just got a few questions about my FM14 Halifax save

1) Choose Millwall as my parent club which gave me some money but none of their loan players will come. Does having a parent club mean my youth network suffers because they will be picking the gems from my local area?

2) I want to play possession play but not sure if my 442 formulate is the best for it?

3) Other than suggesting/buying and moving on players, does the Director of football make the club money through commercial deals, otherwise I can do all the transfer part myself?

4) What is the Youth Setup Category and how can it be improved. Mine is 0!

5) On past games you could adjust your transfer budget over to your wage budget which supposedly made the club money. Other than reducing the wage budge and selling budget is there any other ways to make money?

6) On the previous games you could challenge prem teams in money spinning friendlies but can only get league 1 teams which after paying them their fee I'm always better playing away again local teams for not much. Anyone else had this?

7) The U21 aren't in a league but when I try to arrange friendlies to give the youth and players struggling with fitness players, but all the clubs without a league reject the fixture because they are too busy. I can't understand because they dont have any fixtures and you could used to do it?

1) Bit of a shame that. And on the second part of the question, I don't think so. Youth recruitment and scouting knowledge effects that.

2) Probably not. A 3 man midfield would be better. It's certainly not impossible to play possession football in a 4-4-2 though.

3) Nope.

4) Have a look at this: Football Manager Training Facilities - Current and Potential Ability Progression | Passion for Football Manager

5) Moving transfer budget over to wage budget won't damage or improve your finances in the slightest, not sure where you got that idea. You're still paying the same amount of wages etc. However if you have spare transfer cash that you're not going to use, putting it into the wage budget will mean more spare wages, which pleases the board.

6) Try playing the league 1 teams away. It was a bit too easy on previous versions of the game to get friendlies against the big teams and make money easily, so SI have probably fixed that.

7) Try arranging them against the U21's of the teams in your league.

Finally, someone else who's doing a Halifax save in this forum!

1. That's a shame. If you want to get youth loanees I found it best to go through the local teams youth (Leeds/Bradford/Huddersfield/Rochdale/Burnley for Halifax), I quickly became bigger than those clubs though!
2. Like Crane said, a 3 man midfield would work better.
3. No.
4. Go look at what Crane linked to.
5. Changing your budgets doesn't help or damage your club's finances.
6. Try playing larger teams away. That's what helped me get money once I'd bought The Shay after I got promoted to League 2.
7. Maybe you could have your U21's play your u18's?

Last edited: