kingtut313

Reaction score
im pretty new to the game so theres certain things im still trying to figure out

- on the under 18s and reserve squads there are grayed out players to fill the rosters.. i cant seem to get a scouting report on them.. are these players typically junk or are they ever worth it?

- my under 18s squad is entirely gray players except for two players who are completely worthless.. what is the best tactic to getting a good under 18 squad?

- my transfer budget is laughable so i need to sign mainly free players.. is there another way to scout unattached players besides going to the player pool and sifting through the thousands one by one?

- i dont have a director of football or a head of youth development.. are these positions worth having for poor teams or is it more of a luxury item for the top squads?

- im having trouble selling some players even though they are worth 75k+ and im only asking for 40k or less.. i have even offered players worth 20k for free transfers with no takers.. i need the weekly wages for better free players, any tips?

im wycombe btw so my budget is terrible and my expectations for incoming players is pretty low

1. The greyed out players are just to make up the numbers ( i think). I have a few and I can't offer them a contract or anything.

2. A good u18 squad needs good youth facilities and good youth recruitment, both of which can be upgraded by talking to the board if you have the funds. Good junior coaching and coaches are a bonus.

3. Send scouts to different countries and they pick the best realistic players of that league. Saves you doing it yourself. Any good free transfers and they will point some out for you. Depends on the ability of the scout though.

4. The DOF and Head of YD are there to save you work, but come at a price (high wages). If your funds are low then avoid them and do it yourself.

5. If you can't sell the players then try releasing them. You may have to pay a small amount of compensation but it will free up the wage budget.

thanks for the tips.. i have been doing some research and i guess theres a "youth intake day" where your under 18s will be filled up with legit players

i am still having trouble selling players, and from what ive read it, appears to be a common problem :(

1. You also get agents trying to flog to you players (some available on frees)
2. Google "passion for fm" - a website by FMBASE's own passion4fm which has downloadable staff filters for all positions including DOF and Head of Youth which can save you a lot of trouble.

yea ive had a few agents offer up nice players but they are always priced way out of my range (3k+ p/w)
thanks i am looking at that website right now