paetoja

Reaction score
Just wanted to share a few thoughts and start a discussion.

First things first to find the best young players (or the best ones available) you need good scouts. In my experience scouts with PA and CA attributes over 15 are essential, simply because they do a better job at identifying the hidden attributes , two of which , injury proneness and consistency are 2 of the if not the most important attributes a player can have. You want your wonder kids to play as much as you need them to and play to the best of their abilities, that?s why they are so essential.

Attributes

I usually look for attributes that cannot be trained in any way. For the more defensive oriented roles those are Anticipation , Bravery, Concentration, Decisions, Team work, Work Rate , Natural fitness . If your team has poor facilities you should add Positioning to the list since you can?t improve it by individual training.

For the more offensive oriented Anticipation, Creativity, Decisions, Flair, Team Work, Work Rate, Natural Fitness. In case of poor facilities add Off the Ball.

Training goalkeepers individually is very limited and you have the most attributes to look for or in FM words set you filter to. Those attributes are Aerial Ability, Communication, Command of area, Concentration, Decisions, Anticipation, Reflexes , One on Ones, Natural Fitness and Positioning if you have poor facilities.

Personality

Not essential since it can be changed via tutoring but it?s always better to get the players with personalities that will ensure they develop as soon as possible. The hidden attributes that dictate development are ambition and professionalism. Here are personalities that feature one of both in larger amounts:

• Model Citizen Pro 18-20, Det 18-20, Pre 18-20, Amb 18-20, Loy 18-20, Spo 18-20, Tem 18-20
  • Model Professional Pro 20, Tem 10-20
  • Professional Pro 18-19, Tem 10-20
  • Perfectionist Pro 18-20, Det 18-20, Amb 18-20, Tem 1-9
  • Resolute Pro 15-20, Det 15-20, Pre 1-16 Spo 5-20
  • Driven Det 20, Amb 10-20
  • Determined Det 18-19, Amb 10-20
  • Very Ambitious Amb 20, Loy 1-9, Det 1-17
  • Amibitous Amb 16-19, Loy 1-9, Det 1-17
  • Spirited Pre 15-20, Tem 10-20, Pro 11-17, Spo 1-14
  • Fairly Professional Pro 15-20, Det 1-14
  • Fairly Amibitous Amb 15-20, Pro 1-14, Det 1-14
A few personal preferences

I don?t get 10 scouts and ship them of to South America as soon as I can. I try to control my surrounding pool completely and expand. That consists of a network of scouts that focus on the area and a few scouts that focus on competitions and/or neighbor countries. It saves costs ,which can be a problem if managing a lower league club and players from you area are usually more willing to sign due to your reputation. Rarely do I sign young players above the age of 16. That way I can mold them to fit my team in 2, 3 years time. Only exceptions are, for example, If I?m managing a 3rd​ tier club and stumble upon a player who can?t join upon 18, but has the potential to be a leading 1st​ tier player.

Hope this lil brainstorm help some of you. Please comment and question, so we can improve upon this.