A FM sim league concept

tantrix

Reaction score
Greetings!

First of all, I'd like to say this FM community has been kind to me in terms of advice/strategy/good reads, so thank you very much for that (never been a poster here, but a long time reader).
Secondly, if this is considered spam, I am very sorry, I'm not sure how else to go about this.

I'm here as a fellow FM fanatic to spread the word about a sim league that I am developing with a few other FM guys I know. We haven't started it yet because we are in the process of getting in touch with some of the bigger FM communities to gauge interest in the project.

I will try and keep this as short as possible.

The idea comes from the community I am currently a part of (http://www.thebreakaway.net/forums). It's mainly a hockey community, but it is home to 2 very, very successful hockey sim leagues. If you have a moment, take a peek under the section "Breakaway Leagues" - the BHL and the ISHL are the big ones - the ISHL runs on FM's older forgotten twin - EHM 2007, but it is wildly successful). Our idea is similar to those two leagues.

Unfortunately, you have to register to be able to see the league's game results forums, which gives you an idea of how the presentation is done. I am not at all saying "GO JOIN UP!", after all I am just a regular member there, but if you are interested in might be worth a quick peek.

The league would function as it's own soccer "universe". Players (or members) would fill out a sign-up forum that allows them to fully customize their player, playing styles, and attributes (as we all know how powerful the FM editors are). You can write a player synopsis that touches upon each and every attribute of your game, allowing us to recreate you as accurately as possible in the league. The teams in the league would also be created by members, fully customized to be from any city, country, or region the owner desired (this is based on, say, an 8 team league), along with all the details that go along with creating your own club (kits, stadiums, etc).

The rosters would be filled out with members who sign up for the league, while the owners/managers would set up team tactics, lineups, and all the other duties that a manager would have in FM. The league would function for the most part as any other league does: Pre-season fixtures, a lengthy regular season, domestic cup, and some form of championship playoff or cup format.

Ratings are determined by your activity in and around the league. Ratings are usually updated after each season, depending on activity and contribution to the league (basically posting in the forums). Posting in your team thread, posting in the game day threads, writing articles, keeping blogs, helping out with the league, being generally active - there are so many ways to be involved I can't even begin to describe. In the leagues I mentioned in my 3rd paragraph, they even have regular podcasts/radio shows about the league/trades/players/on-goings. It's really a lot of fun.

I could sit here and go into even more detail but I don't think it would do any good. As I said, our actual idea for an FM league is still just that, an idea. We still have a lot of things to iron out, but our main priority is making sure the interest is there. We are reaching out to a few FM communities around the globe, in an attempt to make this a truly global league, and a fun experience for everyone involved.

Anyone who is interested, even in the slightest by the idea - it would be great to hear from you in this thread. If there is anyone interested in perhaps chatting about the development of the league and getting involved, please feel free to PM me.

I am not by any means an FM pro, just a very avid football player/fan who wants to bring something unique to the FM fanbase from as many places around the world as possible.

Again, mods - if this is inappropriate or in the wrong place I apologize. We just want to see if we can create something really fun for FM nuts everywhere, and we needed to get the word out to where those people are.

Regards,

Eric (tantrix)

It will be! We are just trying to spread the word around to the bigger FM communities because we are going to need a fair amount of players (64-80 players even just for a 4 team starter league).

Spread the word about this thread if you get the chance! I check the thread regularly while our staff works on working out the logistics of the league. We aren't quite 100 % ready to link everyone to a place where they can sign-up, but there is a ton of work going on behind the scenes with it, and the moment we are ready to open sign-ups, the link will show up here.

I know it's kind of *****-ish making a thread like this, but for the league to be successful (and fun!) we have to make topics like this to get people aware of the idea.

Again, anyone interested at all, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'll always be around this thread :)