A fresh start, Championship to Champions League.

Reaction score
Right,

As the title says, i will be going from the Championship to Champions League. Although it isnt as good as "Lowest league to Champions League" it will take alot less time but will still require the same amount of determination and effort.

The Team: Middlesbrough FC

The club currently don't have any debts or any outstanding payments. The media have predicted that they are looking to finish 7th in the league.

As i have just started the save I only now find out what type of a challenge I am in for.

The only player currently away form the club is Ben Gibson who is away on loan at York City. The club have also agreed to sell Barry Robson to Vancouver FC for £1.82million.
Due to the high standards of the youth facility's at the club I have been told to look towards them instead of spending money in the transfer windows. Never the less the club have given me a Transfer budget of £645k and a Wage budget of £240k p/w.
View attachment 236813

I have currently just played Pre Season and my first Npower Championship match against Watford.

Pre-Season was average, there was no stand out results. Although we almost pulled off a remarkable win over Premier league high flyers Stoke City but lost, 1-0.
View attachment 236816

During Pre-Season L looked at a number of players to try ans strengthen my squad. Only four of the vast amount of players stood out.

Amdy Faye
Petter Moen Vaagan
Lucas Viatri
Sol Campbell

Lucas Viatri was the star the star signing for the club in this window. As he is only 24 year old he still has time to grow and get better. As we only payed 650k for him with £2million to be payed over 28 months I would say that we got a bargin!

View attachment 236817

As I said before "I have currently just played Pre Season and my first Npower Championship match against Watford." i think that it would be best if i told you how well my first competitive match went. During Pre-Season I tried out a number of different formations and different players, but the most effective was the good old 4-4-2 that i played against Stoke. This was also the formation i played against Watford for the first match and boy did it pay off, we won the match 3-0. the goals coming from Steven McManus, new signing Lucas Viatri and Rhys Williams.

View attachment 236820

This is the end of my first post and would appreciate comments with feed back on who you think it is. If you have any suggestions on any more signings that I could get on LOAN that would be good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
2nd Post

With 3 games in 9 days it was a hard fought out week and abit.

The first game was at home against Walsall in the League Cup and finish 1-1 after extra time. In the end we won 5-3 on pens.

View attachment 236868

Four days later we played Away at Ipswich,
Five mins - A surging run down the right hand touch line by Jutkiewicz and a wonderful low hard cross along the 6 yard box was met by the diving header of VIATRI.
The full time and half time score was 0-1 the the BORO.

The third and final game was played three days later at home against Coventry. Although we had a large proportion of the play and had 19 shots off target and 7 shots on target we couldn't score. Final score 0-0.

View attachment 236867

At the end of this week and abit run we are in 4th position.