Olly_11

Reaction score
Just gonna write a guide to my team, Preston North End, who play in the nPower Championship.

1. Club Information
Chairman: Maurice Lindsay
Estimated Value: £9.5m (£15m Debt)
Budget (LFC's update):
Consolidate: £1.5m/£115k p/w
Midtable finish: £1.8m/£125k p/w
Top Half Finish: £2m/£125k p/w
Promotion: £2.1m/£130k p/w
Winner: £2.5m/£130k p/w
(I have done a series of edits to my database but think I left this untouched, you might want to check)

2. Staff
Current
Assistant Manager - 1
Coaches - 0
Goalkeeping Coach - 1
Fitness Coach - 1
First Team Coach - 1
Youth Coach - 4
Physio - 3
Scout - 2

Allowed
Assistant Manager - 1
Coaches - 2
Goalkeeping Coach - 1
Fitness Coach - 1
First Team Coach - 1
Youth Coach - 1
Physio - 2
Scout - 6

Staff tips:

Brian Horton is one of the best assistant you can get for Lower Leagues, so keep him. David Unsworth is the First Team Coach and is a 3 star defensive coach so I'd keep him. Darren Ward is a 3.5 star Goalkeeping Coach so should keep him aswell. Scott Taylor is a 3 star Fitness Coach but is dire at everything else, so it's up to you whether you keep him. You currently have 4 Youth Team coaches, whereas the 'allowed' section says you are only allowed 1. Sack Dean Ramsdale and promote Darren Finch to Coach. Leave Hoyland and Harrison in charge. Mick Rathbone is a great physio to have, but your other options are limited - sack Jackson and Guy. Scouting wise, Sack McCluskie, keep hold of Richardson until you can find someone better.

Recommended Transfers:

OUT:
Ramsdale
Jackson
Guy
McCluskie
Taylor

IN:
Glenn Cockerill (Scout)
Simon Hunt (Scout)
Barry Whitbread (Scout)
Steve Whitehall (Physio)
Peter Davidson (Fitness Coach
Robert Prosinecki (Coach)

3. Squad

Goalkeepers:
Andrew Lonergan and Iain Turner are very similar goalkeepers, while you also have Wayne Henderson. Release Andreas Arestidou and if you intend to use the loan market, terminate Turner's loan to release an extra loan space.

Defenders:
At Right Back you have Billy Jones, who is the best Right Back in the squad. You also have David Gray as a good backup, whilst Connor McLaughlin has loads of potential, so until you buy a left back, use Jones at LB and McLaughlin at RB. At center half you have Irish international Sean St. Ledger, who should a player to base your team around. Leon Cort is on loan and is the second best defender in the squad, so use him alongside St. Ledger. Morgan will do as backup for the first season, and Wayne Brown has a hip injury ruling him out for up to 3 months. During his absence, use Linganzi as a central defender. At left back you are really limited, with just Callum Davidson available, who is 34 and injury prone. A left back is an absolute must.

Midfielders:
On the right hand side of the midfield you can use Iain Hume, but his MR suitability is Competent, whilst AMR is his natural position, so if you want to use a flat midfield 4, you will either have to retrain Hume to have MR as a natural position or play youngster Danny Mayor, who has a lot of potential. In the middle you have destroyer Ian Ashbee, who is a superb player to have in the Ball Winning Midfielder role. You have Darel Russell as an extra defensive midfield option, whilst a more offensive option would be up and coming midfielders Paul Coutts and Adam Barton. Personally, I'd use Coutts whilst Barry Nicholson is out injured. On the left there is Irish winger Keith Treacy, who is the first choice in this area, whilst Welshman Paul Parry is more than adequate backup. The midfield isn't too bad, though you may need a right midfielder.

Attackers:
Your striking options begin with on loan Leon Clarke, who is, well, useless. Terminate his loan straight away. Sell Chris Brown, Scunthorpe tend to be interested. Keep hold of Ellington and Johnson who are also on loan. Hume plays well as a poacher, so you probably need a good target man for Hume to play off.

Suggested Transfers:

Out:
Iain Turner (Terminated Loan)
Callum Davidson £350k
Chris Brown £160k
Andreas Arestidou (Terminate Contract)
Neal Trotman (£100k)

In:
Left Back options: Michael Ball, free/Bob Harris, £250k+/JLloyd Samuel, Loan
Target Man: Rory Fallon/Mickael Antoine Curier/Junior Agogo when he's fit
Right Midfielder: David Edwards/Jay O'Shea (both loans)

I hope you use this, if you have any requests or questions I'll be happy to oblige :)