Reaction score
U.S. Città di Palermo
0209434px-US_Citta_di_Palermo_Logo.svg.png

Name: U.S. Città di Palermo
Founded: 1907
Chairman: Maurizio Zamparini
Media Prediction: 6th
Nicknames: Rosanero
Stadium: Renzo Barbera, La Favorita (36822 all-seater)
Fierce Rivals: Catania, Reggina
Other Rivals: Atalanta, Brescia, Cagliari, Lazio, Bari, Inter, Fiorentina, Livorno, Crotone
Derbies: di Sicilia Derby (vs Catania) delle Isole Derby (vs Cagliari) delle due Sicilie Derby (vs Napoli)
Season Expectations
View attachment 145280
I recommend choosing continental qualification through league finish because your current squad is good for euro league but not ready yet for challenging the title.
Staff

Assistant Manager:
Massimo Pedrazzini - an average Ast. Manager and i recommend changing him with Johan Neeskens

Coach:
Gianni Vio - a good technical coach
Francesco Chinnici - a lot better than Vio
Keep them both and get Brian Eastick

Gk. Coach:
Rosario Di Vincenzio - a good gk. coach who you should stick on with

Youth Coach:
Emilio Zangara
Francesco Sampino
Rosario Pergolizzi
Salvatore Di Fresco
Giuseppe Carrubba
Paolo Beurrato
Michele Basile
Keep Carruba , Zangara and Basile. Sack the rest of them.

Physio:
Antonio Salamone
Gaetano Romano
Diego Picciotto
Roberto Matracia
Giovanni Bianchi
Keep Bianchi. Sack the rest of them and buy Giorgio Fortina

Scout:
Gaetano Troja
Rosario Argenta
Both are rubbish and you should definetly sack Argenta. Buy Romeo Jozak, Aldo Cantarutti and Cesare Maldini
After you do your signings in the staff market your staff window should look like this :
View attachment 145309
Squad

Goalkeepers:
Salvatore Sirigu
Francesco Benussi
Sirigu is your No. 1 GK for some years. Benussi is a good back-up. You should get another young, talented GK in the January transfer window or at the start of the 2nd season. It all depends to you.

Transfers In/Out
None

Defenders:
Sinisa Andjelkovic - D(LC)
Cesare Bovo - D(C)
Dorin Goian - D(C)
Ezequiel Munoz - D(C)
Doring Goian is injured. Bovo and Munoz are your best defenders and Andjelkovic is a good back-up.

Transfers In/Out
Loic Nestor - Havre AC (2m now - 4 to 5 mil over 48 months)

Full Backs:
Mattia Cassani
Federico Balzaretti
Cassani on the right, Balzaretti on the left, buy a cheap cover for Cassani and your good to go.

Transfers In/Out
None

Midlefielders:
Fabio Liverani
Giulio Migliaccio
Antonio Nocerino
Danilo Spina
Armin Bacinovic
Pajtim Kasami
Davide Carioto
Javier Pastore
Josip Ilicic
Jasmin Kurtic
Migliaccio as an Anchor Man, Nocerino as a Ball Winning Midlefielder(Support), Pastore as an Advanced Playmaker(Attack) and Ilicic as an Attacking Midlefielder(Support).You should also bring Acquah into the 1st team. Bacinovic and Kasami are your best covers and you should keep them at any price.

Transfers In/Out
Fabio Liverani - Out 2 mil

Strikers:
Fabrizio Miccoli
Abel Hernandez
Michele Paolucci
Mauricio Pinilla
Your best striker, Miccoli, is out for 2 to 3 months and is also ageing, therefor you should play Hernandez and Pinilla with Paolucci as a cover.

Transfers In/Out
Yaya Soumahoro - AA Gent - 2 mil or Vaclav Kadlec - Sparta Prague - 2 mil
You are low on money till Cavani is going to Napoli for 22,5 mil in 1.07.2011 so stick on your youth team and any good and cheap youth you can find.

Transfer Summary

In: Loic Remy
Vaclav Kadlec / Yaya Soumahoro

Out: Fabio Liverani

Tactics
I recommend using a 4-1-1-2-2 with no wingers and after you get some money from Cavani or any other way you should buy a right winger like Mario Gotze, Karim Ait Fana or Kiko and play one of them alongside V.Kadlec on the left.
View attachment 145301

Hot Prospects
Afriyie Acquah - 3,5 stars
Pajtim Kasami - 4 stars
Armin Bacinovic - 3,5 stars
Jasmin Kurtic - 2,5 stars
Davide Carioto - 3 stars

You should focus on getting Kasami trained by Miccoli now or Pastore when he gets older, he will be your next best midlefielder (unless you buy someone like Hamsik), and you should also get Bacinovic trained by Nocerino or Migliaccio, as he gets a really good DM.

This is my 1st guide and i would love some feedback.:D

Last edited:
seperate some of the text with clear defined headings, there is just too much text in such a small space, its hard to read and concentrate...

leave spaces between headings/paragraphs :)

Loic Remy plays for OM and is a Winger/Striker... did you mean Loic Abenzoar?

otherwise not a bad guide mate...

I just started a season with Palermo. Good guide, but I would have done a few things different. Well tbh, I did do a few things different.

Yea, i edited the post, got a little hasty with making the guide...

Miccoli is one of few who is so deadly on the game. I've just got him back from injury in October - straight on my bench.

Yea, he is a very good striker and you should definetly put him to train hernandez so he can be your 2nd best striker after some years.

Great guide. I think i will start a Palermo save. With players like Hernandez, Ilicic and Pastore they have a good base on which I can build a strong team

Torn between Palermo and Inter :S

---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

Or Napoli :L

i won the serie a and the europa league with palermo
my only transfers were paolo cannavaro 3m
pjanic on loan
and kaka in jan( he was trans listed and i asked the board to buy him and they did)
miccoli was out for the rest of the season 5 games after his 3 month absence so i trained kaka to be a striker
he had 15 goals from jan to may
abel hernandez had 18 league goals in 28 games
pastore had 20 assists and 12 goals