Tyler Berry

Reaction score
View attachment 380515

Berry takes over at Margate FC!

After a few online games that didn't work out, I've decided to do a solo story and share it with you guys. I'm currently Margate FC, in the Isthmian Premier Division. For those who don't know, it's the '7th Tier' Of English football known in game as the English Regional Premier divisions, below the Blue square South and North.

My goals for the save are:
Win the Premier League
Win the Champions League
Win the FA cup
Get atleast 10 likes on the story:p

First update will be July/August, up in the next hour! Including pre-season, the start of the season and transfers overview.

Pre-Season,August and Transfers

PRE-SEASON
I'll start with the squad. Speaking from past experience - attacking formations , in lower-leagues, with low-quality players, doesn't work. So fairly quickly i decided to use my 4-1-4-1 counter attacking formation.
View attachment 380555
I looked at the squad. Although we had a couple of players, who were just as good as those i could sign there wages were far higher. So i attempted to release as many as possible, and start building my own squad. Here's the transfer overview. I also only had 10 players originally.
View attachment 380563View attachment 380564View attachment 380565View attachment 380566View attachment 380567

Above are those who i consider to be our key players.

Fixtures and Results
View attachment 380569
In pre-season we only played 3 games, mainly because i was short on squad depth and didn't want to risk injuries.

Margate 0-0 Grays
I was pleased to keep a clean sheet this game, but a shame not to score.

Margate 2-2 Dover
(Stevens 2)
Not bad against a team in the tier above us.

Needham Market 3-1 Margate
(Moke)
A hard loss to take against a team in the tier below, however we were missing alot of players due to fatigue.

The S

tart of the Season
Met Police 0-1 Margate
(Dolby)
We kept a good solid defence throughout the game, meaning a good 1-0 win, sort of an ideal display for the tactic im using.

Margate 0-1 Bury Town
They got a late goal to see them nick a 1-0 win. We were quite unfortunate though.

Canvey Island 0-0 Margate
I don't think we're going to be great to watch this season, but a good result away to one of the better sides.

Wingate and Finchley 3-3 Margate
Not quite sure where this came from, we went from 2 goals in 3 games to a 6 goal thriller. A draw away from home is always decent though.

So at the end of August , the table looks like this.

View attachment 380570

im gona follow this love little team story hope u keep at it :)

Following!
I love stories about awful teams that barely anyone has heard of then turning them in to a world class team.

A Rough Start

September 2012
So September didn't go as planned.

View attachment 380719
Margate 0-2 Lowestoft
We were pretty poor against the side expected to finish 2nd in the league. An early goal for them , and our defensive tactic made it tough for us to ever pose a threat.

Margate 2-3 Hampton and Richmond
(Stevens 2)
Absolutely gutting result. I went to one of my reserve tactics, a 4-2-3-1 attacking formation. We actually lead 2-1, however they then scored from kick-off before i could alter to hold-out the remaining 20 minutes. Then they scored an 84th minute winner.

Margate 2-3 East Thurrock
(Moke 2)
Atleast we're scoring now, but we're conceding too. I've gone from one extreme to another, really need to find a middle ground.

Margate 3-0 Lewes
(Kingsmill, Starkey, Dolby)
Just as my faith was fading in my tactics, we pull out a stunning 3-0 victory over second in the table using the 4-2-3-1 attacking.

FA Cup qualifying 2nd round
Margate 1-2 Concord Rangers
(Whitnell)
Once again we led the game but failed to see it out. Dissapointing.

Concord 4-3 Margate
(Whitnell, Kingsmill 2)
We were 3-1 down with 20 mins left in the game, before i made a triple substitution, Whitnell scored almost instantaneously from a Bodkin assist , both who i brought on seconds before, then our awesome playmaker scored (Kingsmill) however with 10 mins to go, our momentum cae to a halt when we were caught on the break.

Margate 2-5 Carshalton
(Pooley, Stevens)
We took the lead after 15 mins from a corner and i had de ja vu of our Lewes victory, however Carshalton hit back hard and ran rampant in the second half, before Stevens got a late consolation goal.

So the table looks like this:
View attachment 380722

Despite 1 win out of 7 in september, we're not in the relegation places. However our defensive record is atrocious, no doubt down to the attacking nature of the 4-2-3-1 tactic. Hopefully we having a decent October.

Player of the Month
Liam Kingsmill

View attachment 380723

Gonna keep an eye on this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk