Reaction score
Please excuse the horrible pun....

View attachment 141758

Moyes Resigns!​

Reuters - 21.09

David Moyes has resigned as manger of Everton Football Club. The decision comes after a lack of funds and assurance, and fan confidence eventually proved too much for Moyes’ to take. The Toffees manager, who resided at Goodison since 2002, was said to be devastated by the actions he was forced to take, saying in a press conference that ‘I have taken Everton as far as my abilities will allow. I am saddened by these actions i have had to take, but believe it is in the best interests of the club, my career, and my health.’ Moyes‘ continued to show concerns for his health later in the interview. ‘I feel worn out. The pressures of being a football manager sometimes grow too much, especially at a club where a lot of expectation is placed upon the players and coaching staff. I feel that in my eight years here i have done a good job at the club, and it was purely my decision, and in my own interests, to walk away.'

The decision comes just over a month out from the start of the season. Bill Kenwright and the Everton will no doubt be frantically be searching for a new recruit.

Martin O’Neill has been touted as a favourite, but many Everton fans say they’d like someone different, as they see the former Leceister and Aston Villa manager as too similar to Moyes. Steven Armitage of the fan’s trust had the following to say to the Guardian.

‘While David was fantastic for Everton, and will be missed by all, we believe it would be the wrong move to appoint Martin O’Neill as manager. Both David and Martin are renowned as quality man-motivators, but Everton needs not only that, but a masterful tactician. We saw in the last few months of David’s tenure how lacking he was of fresh tactical ideas.’

View attachment 141759
Former Villa manager, Martin O’Neill​

Everton fans are said to be encouraging the board to look for a fresh face, to hopefully discover a young promising manager, as they did with Moyes in 2002. The footballing world will discover in the next few days whether Kenwright and the board will take another risk, as in 2002, or will opt for an assured, experienced manager.

Last edited:
I closed down the webpage. The man i had such respect for, upon whom i had modelled my own management philosophy, had resigned from my boyhood club. For a while, i sat at the computer, in a kind of solemn daze. I pondered that Everton had fallen to it’s lowest stature since relegation to the second tier all those years ago. How i wished the days of the eighties would return. I had to be honest, though, it was hard to see that happening in the near, or even distant future.

I’d apply for the job. Even though i was young, i had some expierience, and perhaps I could bring something to Goodison.

View attachment 142065
JOSEPH TAKES CHARGE OF EVERTON!

A few days later, I found myself facing a packed conference room at Goodison. It was odd because, as a former journalist, I would usually be brushing shoulders with the rabble in front of me. Then Mr. Kenwright took to the podium.

‘It is with great pleasure that I announce Sam Joseph as the new manager of Everton Football Club. Many of you will be unfamiliar with Sam’s past expierience, but let me assure you, his previous tenures have been nothing short of exceptional. Before becoming a football manager, he was a journalist, like yourselves, and before a journalist, a semi-pro footballer in the leagues of Australia - before a debilitating knee injury forced him to retire prematurely. At 37, he has managed in four different countries and leagues, his most recent assignment being in the Bundesliga 2.

The fans of this club had asked for a fresh face, and we have provided one. All we ask is that you give him the same patience as you showed David.’

Bill stepped away, and came walking back to his seat. With an encouraging nod, I got up, and took my place at the podium. Questions were fired at me immediately.

‘Sam, you come here with no experience in managing in the United Kingdom, do you think you can adapt, and if so, how quickly?’

‘I have managed in four different countries, and in two of those countries i could not even speak the native language. I consider it to be an advantage that I can speak English! Evidently, from past experience, I should have no troubles adapting to life in England.’

‘Mr. Joseph, you’ve come to a club which has a reputation for being stringent with money. How will you handle the restraints to deal with the expectation placed upon you?’

‘I was renowned as a bit of a wheeler-dealer in my previous appointments, and I intend to follow the same philosophy here at Everton. Money is a luxury, not a necessity.’

‘Are you prepared to talk about transfers, and who could be leaving the club?’

‘Although I’m impressed by the backbone of the club, there will be players leaving, and players replacing them. I have spoken to a few players this morning already that they will have no futures at the club.’

‘Will you name them, please?’

I hesitated.

‘Louis Saha. Beckford will most likely be leaving on loan. Diniyar will most likely leave as well.’

Bill then wrapped up the session. I was exhausted.

I’d sit down with my staff tomorrow and begin planning for the season ahead.

Last edited:
Very good start mate. Maybe make it look a bit more attractive? A better font maybe :)

Looks good mate, yh like above change the font and maybe put your words in bold in the press conference bit so we can see what your saying beacuse its hard to. but carry on mate. whens your next update ?

thanks for the feedback. first story so every piece of advice helps, will take it on board. update will be within the next day or two. will be less words and more pictures this time :)

We got straight into it, and i was faced with the tough task of telling some staff they were no longer needed. Adrian Lamb was brought in as a fitness coach, while Steve Round headed the list of departures, trading Everton for West Ham. In turn, we decided to sign Terry McDermott from Huddersfield.

Players came and went. As indicated earlier, Louis Saha was shown the door, leaving to Arsenal for 2.3 million pounds. I decided to keep on Beckford and Dinyar, as we needed their depth.

Vaclav Kadlec and Milan Badelj were brought in for small fees to help bolster a weak attacking line.

As far as tactics, i decided to adopt a 4-1-2-1-2 formation, as the squad lacked any depth in width.

View attachment 143180

FRIENDLIES

Everton 4-0 San Luis
A great convincing win by the lads, Cahill looking good.

Everton 2-0 Shalke
Red Card: Arteta 45’.

A good win against a team who will be competing in the champions league this season. Made even more rewarding by the fact we played with ten men for a half.

Everton 3-0 Galatasaray

Crusaders 0-3 Everton

We’re looking very dangerous from set pieces. Phil Jagielka scored a brace from corner kicks today, while his fellow centre back Silvain Distin scored the other.

Everton 1-1 HSV

A sound performance; one which we were unlucky not to win. Vaclav is still yet to impress in an Everton shirt.

Everton 2-0 Mallorca

Jagielka scored again from a Bilyaletdinov corner. Mallorca were lucky to only concede two: we had 27 shots to their 6.

We go into the start of the season with good form under our belt, having not lost a friendly. Our first test is at Newcastle, and hopefully the team can come away with a comfortable result.

Newcastle 0-1 Everton
(Cahill)
A good solid performance, perhaps not as convincing as i would have liked, but good signs none the less for the season ahead. Stats are below.

View attachment 143375

Everton 3-0 West Ham
Cahill (14, 20, 35)

A great first half hat-trick from Tim Cahill sealed the game early for us. We were never under pressure from West Ham. The only downside from the game is an injury to Milan Badelj. We’ll await to hear from the physio for an assessment on the extent. Goodsion was packed and bouncing, a great atmosphere for the first game of the season. Hoping the lads can keep it up. Next, we have a trip to Sheffield Wednesday for a league cup match.

BADELJ SUFFERS LONG TERM INJURY
The paper headline said it all. Our new youngster, Milan Badelj, was going to be out for at least three months with a torn hamstring. It was unfortunate, as the youngster was putting in several exciting performances. Marouane Fellaini also suffered an injury, and will be out for two to three weeks.

ENGLISH LEAGUE CUP SECOND ROUND

Everton 4-0 Sheffield Wednesday
(Bilyaletdinov 17, Beckford 31, 52, Coleman, 76)

An easy win for us, we dominated from start to finish and only allowed sheffield wednesday two shots all game. There was a sour note from the game though, Tim Cahill was injured in the first half. Hopefully we don’t miss our top scorer too much.

Wigan 0-1 Everton
(Beckford, 74)

A win for us, if an unconvincing one at that. We get the three points though, and that’s what matters. We’re not getting ahead of ourselves, despite sitting second with no goals conceded. We’ve played three relegation candidates so far; the real tests are yet to come.
In other news, Tim Cahill will be back from injury for the next game.

Everton suffer further injury blow!

Vaclav Kadlec has torn a calf muscle in an international match. At this stage, it looks like Vaclav will be out for between 2-3 months. Altough he hadn’t been performing well, it’s a blow to our depth. Hopefully Beckford can keep up his good form as he cements a regular first team place. A minor positive for us is that Fellaini is back to full fitness.

Our next game is against Tottenham, 3 v 4th. It’s sure to be our first real test of the season.

Very good so far. Good detail, maybe a few pictures to make it more visually attractive?

Everton 0-0 Tottenham
A game which we should have won. It’s games like these at home which will determine whether we make european football this season.

Birmingham 1-2 Everton
(Zigic, 61) (Cahill 1, Beckford 67)

As you can see, we were unlucky not to win this match by more. We had 4 clear cut chances and hit the woodwork twice. Our possession in games is consistenly up near the 60 per cent mark. The Cahill-Beckford partnership seems to be working well.

League Cup Third Round

Aston Villa 0-3 Everton
(Heitinga 62, Gueye 71, Cahill 87)

A really convincing performance from the boys, many of whom were reserve players.
Magaye Gueye was fantastic today, and looks as if he’ll be challenging Beckford for a first team place while Kadlec is out injured.

Next up is Bolton. It’s fair to say our start to the season has been near perfect, although we understand the real challenges are still to come.

Everton 2-0 Bolton
(Bilyaletdinov 6, Beckford 76)

Again, we were unlucky not to win by four or five today. We had eighteen shots to one. Nonetheless, we sit in second place, with Blackpool next, and Chelsea following that.
Below is the league table after six games.

Everton 1-0 Blackpool
(Beckford 15)

Well we won, but not by as much as i would have liked. Beckford was outstanding today. Absolutely impeccable. We now have a sixteen day break before we face the champions, Chelsea. I can’t wait to finally be tested.

Chelsea 0-0 Everton

A tentative game. We were on the back foot for much of the match, but in saying that we looked dangerous when going forward. A good result considering we were playing at the Bridge. Sylvain Distin is MOM. Next up we face Manchester United. If we get through that game unscathed we could re-evaluate our goals, and pehaps aim for a champions league spot.

Everton 1-1 Manchester United
(Beckford 56) (Nani 63)

I don’t know how we didn’t win today. 4 clear cut chances plus one woodwork shot to their 1 clear cut chance. We should have taken all three points. However, if you’d offered me a draw at the start of the match, i would have taken it.
We’re second in the league with 20 points from eight matches. Perhaps champions league qualification is possible? If we keep this form up i think we’re in with a great chance.

Last edited:
Yeah it's looking better. Maybe center the text? Make it look a bit neater?

League Cup Fourth Round
Blackburn 3-1 Everton
(Diouf 3, 57, Samba 90+8)

View attachment 144247
Samba rubs salt into the wounds in the 98th minute.

A really, really weak effort. We looked inept today against a potent Blackburn side. The defence was all over the place. For some reason, Jan Mucha decided to run on the pitch and play as a midfielder for about half an hour. How the f*** did that happen??

Wolves 2-1 Everton
(Mouyokolo 45, Griffiths 84) (Cahill 70)

View attachment 144248

We’re in some poor form. Tim Cahill hit the post within fifteen seconds of the opening whistle, but then we gave up. I’m hoping we get out of this rut asap.

Everton 1-0 Sunderland
(Beckford 62)

Unlucky not to win by more. Hit the woodwork twice and had 4 excellent chances. Our profligacy in front of goal is quite alarming. I have four star shooting coaches, so i’m hoping it’s just a matter of time before we start hitting the net in droves.

Stoke 1-1 Everton
(Etherington 17) (Cahill 76)
An even game. We’re looking very unconvincing of late. A tweak of tactics may be needed. Hit the woodwork again today. Struggling to remember the last game we didn’t?
We’ve got Arsenal next, who after 12 games have only lost one, and have a goal difference of +27... hoping for a resilient result.

Everton 1-5 Arsenal

View attachment 144246

Well... we played like ****. Addmitedly the players went in tired from the stoke game, but that’s no excuse for conceding five goals at home. We’re out of the top four now. It’s going to be very hard to keep up with them.

In other news, we’ve managed to sign Cani from Villareal for a fee of 1.5 million. I have to say, after several scout reports, it seems like a bargain.

Aston Villa 2-3 Everton
(Agbonlahor 39,79) (Beckford 9, 14, 46)
Marouane Fellaini sent off 54’.

A good resilient win. We were down to ten men for almost all the second half. A good bounce back from the result last week. I’m pretty glad i decided against selling Mr. Beckford!

Everton 3-0 Blackburn
(Distin 48, Bilyaletdinov 53, Cahill 77)

We dominated Blackburn today, and it’s nice to keep a clean sheet. Blackburn rarely looked a threat going forward, while we were the opposite. We now sit fifth in the league, equal on points with fourth place Man City. The Merseyside Derby is next!​

View attachment 145212

1min: A frantic start to the match, both teams try long end to end balls. Beckford gets a hold of one and breaks clear, but sprays well wide.

3 min: Oh! So close! Jamie Carragher combines nicely with Gerrard, who shoots off a step from outside the area. It whistles past Tim Howards near post.

4min: GOAL!!! Liverpool 0-1 Everton. Jermaine Beckford scores a wonderful composed finish! Heitinga gathered the ball on centre-wing and whipped a chest high cross towards the top of the box. Carragher and Cahill competed for the ball at chest level, before Cahill touched it into the danger area inside the box. Beckford cooly slid the ball under the advancing Pepe Reina.

6min: Heitinga executes a sublime tackle on an advancing Luis Suarez. He looks in inspired form.

7min: Everton win a corner.

10min: Glen Johnson commits a rash foul on Tim Cahill who was advancing as the last man with the ball. Johnson is shown a yellow card.

12min: Carroll commits a foul. Yellow card. It’s turning into a fiery affair.

17min: Beckford makes a great run from a loose-ball spill. He enters the box on an angle, and is unable to get any power on his shot. Comfortably saved.

17min: The resulting goal kick sets Suarez loose! He bears down on the goal unopposed, but Howard keeps his composure to make a good save.

23min: Cahill makes a great run down the by-line! His attempted cross is smothered out for a corner.

24min: Heitinga commits a cynical foul from the resulting corner. He’s shown yellow.

27min: Bilyaletdinov has a shot from the edge of the area. Saved by Reina.

39min: Carroll goes agonisingly close! Johnsons low cross from the side was met by the diving boot or Carroll. Tim howard lunged the right way and made a great save.

41 min: Corner to Everton.

43min: Carragher picks up a yellow for a foul an Cahill. The little aussie is frustrating the Reds.

44min: The resulting free kick almost sees Beckford go close with a header! Reina’s positioning is superb.

HALF TIME
Everton have been the better side here at Anfield. It’s now just a question of if they can go on to win it. Liverpool players will have to be careful in the second half, they’re racking up yellow cards.

46min: Coleman on for Heitinga.

48min: Beckford has a chance on the edge of the six yard box. Sprays high and wide.

51min: Cahill sprays over from the edge of the box. Everton looking threatening.

54min: Arteta shoots, Reina saves.

55min: Suarez and Kuyt combine brilliantly, but the latter hits it well over.

View attachment 145213

59min: Bilyaletdinov hits one wide from distance. There’s a hush around Anfield now, apart from the Everton end. Their team are looking really sluggish.

61min: A scramble on the Liverpool goaline! Everton so close to a second! Jermaine Beckford had two shots, but both were cleared. Everton corner.

63min: GOAL!!! Liverpool 0-2 Everton. Another scramble on the goaline, and Everton and Sylvain Distin pounce! Beckfords shot from just outside the six yard box was parried by Reina, but only as far as Sylvain Distin, who knocked it home from the near post. Will Everton and Sam Joseph be taking all three points at Anfield?

67min: OFF THE CROSSBAR!! Everton so close to sealing it! Bilyaletdinov’s free kick was met by the head of Jagielka, who smashed it into the the bar. Liverpool scramble away. The Everton end of Anfield is bouncing!

69min: Everton head over from a corner. They are absolutely dominating the Reds.

74min: Bilyaletdinov picks up a yellow.

74min: Beckford does the same.

77min: Good intercept from Glen Johnson. Everton throw.

79min: Tim Cahill is released by Beckford. Cahill is forced into the corner by two Reds defenders. Shot sprayed over.

81min: Liverpool fans are heading for the exits! They’ve seen enough!

82min: A sitter missed by N’Gog! He hit the woodwork with his head from a yard out, and the following shot with his foot was comical- well over.

86min: Cahill should have scored! One on one against the advancing Reina, he lost his composure and hit it straight at Reina. Everton corner.

87min: Off the line! The resulting corner is knocked away by Aurelio! I tell you what, this scoreline flatters Liverpool.

89min: Everton corner.

90+1min: Liverpool go close from a free kick. The header is off target from Carroll.

THE WHISTLE GOES FOR FULL TIME! Everton record a great win over their cross town rivals today. They dominated all game, and were unlucky to not have four or five.
Beckford, who came from Leeds to Liverpool, continues to make his critics eat their words. A fantastic performance from him tonight. But it’s the aging Distin who picks up the man of the match award. The thirty-two year old has been fantastic for Everton this term. Everton move above City and United to third place, with 34 points.
View attachment 145214