_perfido_

Reaction score
Hi to everybody, I decided to start a new adventure in FM10.

Before to come deep in the story, I'd like to share with u all some points of my savegame.

As u can read in the title of the 3d I decided to explore the football of the North Europe, following the Dan's idea of a journey in the East Europe. So from the very beginning I chose Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Iceland as playable leagues, up to their 2nd divisions.

But only five Nations wasn't enought for me, also I couldn't see anything that could bring me to say: Yes, now I'm over the top! even achieve the FIFA Confederations Cup whit an Icelandic team. So I selected also Netherland, Germany, Scotland and England as playable leagues, with two goals in my mind:

1st reach the management of TSG 1899 Hoffenheim and make it a great team or

2nd be the heir of Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford.

As "avatar" for this adventure I decided to take the name of the great goalkeeper of Denmark and Man Utd Peter Schmeichel (Denmark nationality and Man Utd as favoured club) even if I'll start the game with an Automatic reputation.

Like all my savegames I'll start without allow transfers in the first window so any free transfer suggestion will be appreciate.

That's all for now, hope u'll follow me in this adventure.

50ij45.png
Peter Schmeichel

Last edited:
11 June 2009 Thu

Tired... 8 hours of class with Arrigo Sacchi r really too much... but now I can understand why so many successfull managers came out from the Federal Technical Center in Coverciano.

And at the deadline of the 15 July I'll be one of them... I'm sure I'll pass the final exam, I have to!

That will be the beginning of my career as manager, but I'm still without a club, like almost all my 50 mates... only Leonardo, my room-mate, is here knowin' that at the end of the month he will sit on a bench... the bench of the most titled team of the World, A.C. Milan... amazing!

My dream is Man Utd, but who knows when that Highlander of Sir Ferguson will stand up from that place... well Fergie, take warm that bench for me, I'm comin'...

But until that moment is better to think about my close future.

Tomorrow morning I'll send my candidature to Haka (Finland Veikkausliiga) and Morton (Scotland Bell's League Division 1), the only 2 benches available at the moment. Anyway, there r some my future collegues that r in troubles... will be better say to their Chairmen that I'm followin' with interest the situation... so, they r FC Lahti (Finland Veikkausliiga), Sandefjord (Norway Tippeligaen) Moss and Alta (Norway Adeccoligaen), AD (Denmark Viasat Sport Divisionen) and Airdrie Utd
(Scotland Bell's League Division 1).

Hope to receive any answer soon...

Peter Schmeichel

Last edited:
Good luck mate, and thanks for the nod in post 1! ;)

Looks like this will shape up to be a great story, liked the "coaching exams" bit... nice touch!

12 June 2009 Fri

In the Internet Era informations run very fast on the web highways. Only this morning before breakfast I sent my intends to come back to football and this evening I'm the new manager of the Valkeakosken Haka, team in Veikkausliiga, the highest Finnish championship.

After 9 matches on 26 Haka is 9th, just one step under the predictions. But seems that Seppo Koskinen, the chairman, is very demanding, if at this point he looked for a new manager... this will be a great challenge for me, and I'm really excited!

I really can't sleep tonight... too much adrenalin!

Means I'll use the next hours for study the Haka's situation: staff, players, facilities... the next match will be in 2 days and I have to give all the instructions to my assistant... I'm still not a manager and I can't sit on a bench... for now...

Peter Schmeichel

Last edited:
12 June 2009 Fri

Coffee break...

WoW! It's 4 and 30, the right date is 13 June 2009 Sat. I'm lucky that there is no class in the weekend.

I just complete my analysis of the Haka situation. The team disposes of average corporate and training facilities and adequate youth facilities, plus a youth academy but a lack of funds makes impossible any further improvement of these facilities. So, first thing to do is to reorganize the training schedules and improve the coaches staff. I will have only 6 work-mates, and I'll look fot the best ones.

But the very first thing to do is to find a great assistant that could help me, expecially in this month.

I'll complete the reorganization looking for 2 better physios and making a scout team.

That's all about the backroom staff.

Peter Schmeichel

Last edited:
Come on Joe, you've been here long enough to know that there is no need for just 'good luck'

frankie don't say that it's only gonna spark up another argument...

good luck perfido, i like your aims, your storyline, and i like it how you've narrowed your management career to scandanavia:)

13 June 2009 Sat

Send the labour supplies to the best staff members that the wage budget of Haka allows.√ did

Hope that they all will accept my supplies even if to some of them I had to offer less than their requests. The wage budget of Haka it's not so high and so the ones I contact r not the best ones I could have with a better budget.

Time to pay attention to the team situation.

Tomorrow there will be the first match of Haka under my direction for the 6th Round of Suomen Cup. Predicted as 8th in the Veikkausliiga, the cup could be the right way for a place in Europe. Europa League is the prize for the winners of the Suomen.

Watching the videos of the Finnish championship seems that the 4-4-2 be the football creed here.

4-4-2... 4-4-2... look at my team... we lack in youth, aggression, determination, first touch, height e technique respect to the other teams, but at least we r faster and with a better fitness... I don't think it's a good idea to play on the same level with the others...

4-4-2... 4-4-2... I got it! I know how to face it!

My mind goes back at the 1992, the 26th of June, when we won the UEFA European Football Championship. And in that day I saw what is now in my mind... the 3-5-2 of the West Germany, our proud opponent. It is so clear in front of me:

View attachment 19936

A disciplined and versatile tactic, able to react to any situation, with the wingbacks ready to drop back as fullbacks to create a 5-3-2 and the midfield three that can accomodate defensive or attacking players.

Against a 4-4-2 it can be remarkably effective.

I think my players can suit this tactic, but I need of at least one player that could act as Libero.

Let's check if between the free transfer players there is anyone that could raise the level of Haka.

Peter Schmeichel

Last edited:
14 June 2009 Sun

Few hours at the match of Suomen Cup against MyPa, rivals of Haka. Not exactly a soft beginning...

I'm still in Coverciano, working on my laptop. In 3mins I'll start a new meeting on line with the management... I can't remember how many we had from this morning...

Seems that the Brasilian Alexandre Irineu is coming to Valkeakoski 'cause he accepted my supply as assistant. I need to speak with him before the match, so I can share with him my tactical and technical ideas about the incoming cup round. Luckily he's Brasilian, a nation where the 3-5-2 has not declined in popularity.

One more minute to the meeting... where is the name of that Italian Libero that I have to suggest to the general manager?!

Peter Schmeichel

14 June 2009 Sun

Haka - MyPa 1-0!!! We did it!!!

Good job guys, u all was fantastic. And tks Alexandre, I knew u was the right choose as my assistant.

And one more time tks to the Internet Era: I watched the match by a streaming connection and give my suggestions to Alexandre by a mobilephone.

It was a very hard match, due the rivarly between the 2 teams and the tactical instructions. The defense needs to be setted up, MyPa had 4 clear cut chances during the match. Luckily they didn't score any of them while we achieved the maximum from our only opportunity.

Now it's time to go to bed, tomorrow is Monday and there will be class. Pierluigi Collina, the World famous referee will speak about the fair play.

But I have time for a last sms to my general manager: Leonardo gave me the names of 2 interesting young players...

Peter Schmeichel

Last edited:
17 June 2009 Wed

GOOOLLL!!! ... ops... srry mates!!!

This is what I loudly shouted when I read the sms that Alexandre sent me and in which he wrote: 69' Innocenti scored from free kick 2-1. But I had class in that moment and Giuseppe Signori was so frightened that he jumped from his chair overtunrnig the desk.

The match was "my" first one in the Veikkausliiga, Haka against JJK, and we won 2-1 by the goals of Banahene and Innocenti, 2 of the new engagements from the free transfer player list. They reached the training center yesterday, together with the Italo-Uruguay midfield Mathias Cardacio and the Brazilian Libero Felyp, they too put immediatly in the middle of the scrum from the beginning. Could appear irrational but I was sure of the great contribution that they could give to the team, rising up the level of our playing.

For sure they r good player, and very important for us... they know this, and of course their wages respect this. But these wages really lie heavy on the budget of Haka. It's hard to do, but I have to cut some less usefull players. This will burden on the balance, but will give the wage budget reasonable for the future engagements. Anyway, most of the player of Haka will see finish their contracts in November so we will not pay too much for leaving them in the free list.

Peter Schmeichel

Last edited:
Felyp should have a bright future (got him too on my Young Boys team) ... :D

You've got yourself some good players there, I'd be interested to know how you get on with the 3-5-2 formation as I've never been able to get the best out of it myself. What league placing are you aiming for this season?

Good story, keep it up!