A kid with a plan - Patrick Liljenqvist

End of Season 2015 Update

So we finished 5th, an improvement on the team's position before I joined, but sadly we narrowly missed out on Europe, which would have been an excellent chance to display my talents to some of the bigger clubs.

Here are my attributes and statistics for the season, I'm very pleased with my performances overall, I felt I had a significant impact on most of our matches

It appears I've attracted the interest of league runners up Malmo FF - ironically, the team I am managing in my first story - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...tories/293676-malmo-ff-swedish-adventure.html
Whilst my player in game is flattered by the links and appears eager to join, I am in two minds. On the one hand it would be another step up and a chance at both European football and domestic silverware, but on the other hand, I don't know if I would be a regular starter, and it may further delay my eventual (I hope) move out of Sweden. We will have to see what happens...

He is looking gun for a 16 year old! He'll tear it up at Malmo if he does move there.

He is looking gun for a 16 year old! He'll tear it up at Malmo if he does move there.

Yeah he's developing well, stark contrast to my guy in the Ultimate Player story who can't stay on the pitch without getting injured :(

Transfer News...

So having impressed in a first team role at Häcken, I attracted interest from Red Bull Salzburg, league runners up Malmö FF and league champions IFK Göteborg.

The two Swedish sides submitted bids, which could end up being 1.7m or 1.5m respectively, and Häcken accepted.

Last edited:

So in the end I decided to sign for IFK Göteborg - whilst I feel a certain connection to Malmö (;)), I couldn't turn down the prospect of Champions League Football. I want to put myself on the biggest stage and hopefully attract attention from some of Europe's top clubs. But firstly, I will have to get my head down and work my way into my new manager's first team plans for the upcoming season...

I receive a match rating of 10 in an under 19's match

View attachment 274917

End of Season European Update

View attachment 274915

View attachment 274914

View attachment 274913

View attachment 274912

View attachment 274911

View attachment 274910

View attachment 274909

View attachment 274908

And the European Championship...

View attachment 274907

Sweden performed brilliantly, going as far as the semi final before losing to eventual Champions England! Germany were in total control of the final, 2-1 up until a red card just before half time saw them collapse! A result which you'd get pretty decent odds for in real life :p

So another season has come and gone, and once again, I feel I've made a remarkable amount of progress! Some very noticeable improvements in my game all round, particularly with regards to my physical ability, and making a total of 24 appearances for the first team, including Champions League.

Unfortunately, we could only manage a 3rd placed finish in the Premier Division, meaning we will be in the Europa League next season, as opposed to the Champion's League. Which may not be such a bad thing, after we finished bottom of our CL Group this season, behind the likes of Real Madrid and FCP.

I signed my first professional contract during the season too, although I also dislocated my shoulder ruling me out for two months towards the end of the season (funny, as in real life that's exactly what happened two months ago!)

On a side note, Liverpool came second in their Champions League group, apparently on away goals:

And were swindled by Southampton!

Hahaha, buy high sell low! No wonder Liverpool are struggling! Lol

Well three months later, I finally got back to this, and have gone through another half-season. Here is how I'm looking after another few months in the first team.

As you can see, I was playing well, and received my first call-up for the Swedish senior national team. Unfortunately, I picked up a virus and missed out on playing.

I've subsequently been called up again though, and will hopefully get a chance to debut in the next couple of weeks.

European Results

In summary:

- Atletico's strike partnership of Mandzukic and Balotelli fires them to the title ahead of Real Madrid and Barca

- Jordan Rhodes takes out PL Golden Boot as a stacked Chelsea squad wins the league and Manchester United miss out on Europe

- Bayern win again as Gladbach are relegated

- Verona qualify for the CL whilst Lazio go down to the Serie B

- PSG dominate France again, though Falcao is top scorer for Monaco

- Bayern complete their treble, having won the German Cup, beating Arsenal in the CL final, who sacked manager Garry Monk only days before

- Sampdoria claim the Europa League crown

Transfer Speculation

The more perceptive of you may have noticed the little "Wanted by 9 clubs" indicator two updates ago. It appears that some of Europe's finest have noticed Sweden's biggest talent, and have an interest in making a move. Here are the clubs currently interested.

This list is undoubtedly going to fluctuate over the coming weeks. A week ago, it was only 5 clubs, and Liverpool was one of them. Naturally, I'm hoping they renew their interest. I believe Club Brugge was another interested party. Of the nine clubs there, my favourite is Napoli, and whilst I like PSG, I hope I'm not tempted by the money because there is a significant chance of my career stalling should I move there.

Hopefully we seeing young Pat Liljenqvist gracing the paddocks of one of Europe's big leagues before too long!!

Wow, you have a really nice wonderkid out there. Soon enough you will be playing for Liverpool! ;)

St.James Park for Swedens up and coming if we are lucky ;) Pleased to see this back mate!

Well I've gone forward another week, and what an eventful week it's been!

I made my debut for Sweden, and acquitted myself well. I became the youngest ever full international for my country!

Two days later I appeared again, and in the first minute of the match scored the winner! Sweden's youngest ever goalscorer! A dream come true!

Transfer News...

In the midst of my international exploits, no less than six clubs have had bids accepted for me. I'm extremely grateful to IFK for allowing me the chance to fulfil my dream of playing in the big leagues. Napoli and Paris Saint-Germain are the biggest of the clubs to offer me a contract, now I just have to make a decision...