A-League Thread

wattsy

Reaction score
As the forums representitive of Australia I give you this thread.

For those of you that don't know the A-League (Australian League), is the top flight football league in Australia. It was founded in 2004 replacing the former NSL (National Soccer League).

Currently 8 teams participate. These are:

• Melbourne Victory
  • Sydney FC
  • Adelaide United
  • Perth Glory
  • Queensland Roar
  • Newcastle Jets
  • Central Coast Mariners
  • Wellington Phoenix (Based in New Zealand)

As of next season the North Queensland Fury and Gold Coast United will be added to the competition.

After each season the top placed two teams are entered in the Asian Champions League. This year Adelaide United reached the Final of the competition but were defeated 5-0 on aggregate by Japanese side Gamba Osaka.

Current league table before tonights games was.

--Team-----------Diff--Pts
1 Melbourne------ 10 --23
2 Adelaide-------- 2 -- 20
3 Queensland----- 5 -- 18
4 Wellington----- -4 -- 15
5 Central Coast--- 6 -- 17
6 Sydney -------- 4 -- 16
7 Newcastle----- -9 -- 11
8 Perth--------- -14 -- 11

Tonights Games

Wellington 2 - 1 Melbourne
Queensland 1 - 1 Sydney

So its not just the English Newcastle that suck then.

We did have one or two Aussies on here but they same to have disappeared.

Does that mean Adelaide wont be in the World Club Champ?

So its not just the English Newcastle that suck then.

We did have one or two Aussies on here but they same to have disappeared.

Does that mean Adelaide wont be in the World Club Champ?

Ease off. I have relos that live in Newcastle so I support the toon. Newcastle in Australia actually made the final last year and will play in the Asian Champions League next year. And yes Adelaide United will be playing in the World Club Championship.

Really dont know anything about the Australian league, shall need to go someone on fm and try to understand it better

Really dont know anything about the Australian league, shall need to go someone on fm and try to understand it better

It is sometimes annoying to play in A-League on fm because of Salary Caps and other player restrictions but otherwise its pretty good. Play as Melbourne Victory!!!

Ease off. I have relos that live in Newcastle so I support the toon. Newcastle in Australia actually made the final last year and will play in the Asian Champions League next year. And yes Adelaide United will be playing in the World Club Championship.

fair enough...just made the joke cos Newcastle over here suck :p

I made a few superleagues on FM 08 recently and put a couple of Oz teams in there, Adelaide and Sydney I think cos I think they had the biggest rep.

nice thread ,
i live in melbourne and obviously support the victory
shame we went down in newcastle 3-2 :'(

i used to live in that tower block that looks into the telstra dome. saw plenty of victory games, my last one was a friendly against juventus