A League Transfer Cap (Kitty)

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 1K

Raikan007

Reaction score
Good day, I was thinking about this idea the other day and would like to see what you guys think of it...

With all the talk around the salary and or transfer cap currently trying to be imposed via UEFA I came up with an idea that I think would be either a good idea IRL or for someone to create a database....

BarclaysPremierLeaguelogo.jpg

The League Transfer Kitty....

r327048_1467959.jpg

All the clubs in (for eg: the English Premier League) the EPL are expected to pay X amount into a transfer kitty every month (maybe £250k for eg) (that is £5m a month)

now do this for the whole season, it would be around £50m per season... This money will be either equally divided amongst the 20 clubs (newly promoted clubs will get the money, not the relegated clubs) or given like in Golf, the most to 1st place and so on and so forth...

this will prevent escalated transfer prices thanks to Real and City (and once again Chelsea) and would promote the emergence of the Youth through the system which would be good for any league, especially the EPL)

of course the transfer kitty can be alot more... and as well as having some sort of clause that a team can pay a certain amount of money once off (regardless of price) out of their own cash once a season for big and importance purchases...

so you could still get the £50m deal for your Torres etc (which we all love) and then it gives the minnows an oppurtunity to grow their squads and will in turn grow the league in general (even though it does not need to grow much more)

the teams can also accept any bid out of the league system if other leagues such as the BBVA and Serie A are not under the same ruling.. if say Barca splashed £80m on Rooney, United could spend that cash on someone else as per the clause above, however, no one else would be worth that amount of cash and United as well as other clubs would somewhat be forced to save that money and reinvest in the clubs and in doing so, prevent debt, administration and other problems alot of clubs face these days...

it would make it quite fair and interesting... however, there will be haters saying xyz... which is cool, would like to hear your opinions :)

peace,
Neil

Last edited:
The wage cap is the holy grail, but it would be so difficult to implement, as this would have to come directly from UEFA, and you can bet there would be resistance

The wage cap is the holy grail, but it would be so difficult to implement, as this would have to come directly from UEFA, and you can bet there would be resistance
The things you say don't half strike me as being downright obnoxious.

it would be hard to implement ;), still, the rest of these and regulations will be just as difficult :)

The things you say don't half strike me as being downright obnoxious.
what are you on about? I actually agree with him. Stop talking nonsense

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

it would be hard to implement ;), still, the rest of these and regulations will be just as difficult :)
it has to happen for the good of football, but there are too many dinosaurs and money men out there who would fight this

i personally think there should be a cap for how much each team can spend - so that they do not buy themselves into debt.. and it would stop ridiculous spending like £50 million for torres... and £35 million for carroll... its disgusting...

though i may be scorned for this i blame man city for the explosion in spending.. they spend x ammount of money for players, and teams liek Ajax see that and then say to liverpool "If dzeko is work x ammount, tehn Saurez is worth this ammount"... its ludicrous (cant spell that :( )

you can bet there will be a huge amount of resistance and it kinda seems unfair that relegated clubs can now compete in the market with major clubs, will make the situation very weird, i doubt it will ever be considered by UEFA, again if this is implemented, u can be a **** lot sure loads of investors will leave football too

For me I would totally support any wage/transfer cap. The way it is now is ridiculous, especially when there is a recession on. The way things are, it can only be sustained for so long, then it goes down the toilet. I'm not going to whine on about Everton FC as there are other threads, but because so much money is put into wages (about 50-60%), and after all other payments, it leaves the club with a grand total of about £7 million-and even thats disappeared somewhere.
But I can see opposition too, which makes no sense as there has to be some control, or the beautiful game will pretty much implode. But the mega rich people will definately oppose this, as they pretty much treat clubs as toys, and would just through their toys out the pram. Hope this does come into effect sooner rather than later.

you can bet there will be a huge amount of resistance and it kinda seems unfair that relegated clubs can now compete in the market with major clubs, will make the situation very weird, i doubt it will ever be considered by UEFA, again if this is implemented, u can be a **** lot sure loads of investors will leave football too

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Would love the day this happens. Club running on own without the help of rich bastards.

Good day, I was thinking about this idea the other day and would like to see what you guys think of it...

With all the talk around the salary and or transfer cap currently trying to be imposed via UEFA I came up with an idea that I think would be either a good idea IRL or for someone to create a database....

BarclaysPremierLeaguelogo.jpg

The League Transfer Kitty....

r327048_1467959.jpg

All the clubs in (for eg: the English Premier League) the EPL are expected to pay X amount into a transfer kitty every month (maybe £250k for eg) (that is £5m a month)

now do this for the whole season, it would be around £50m per season... This money will be either equally divided amongst the 20 clubs (newly promoted clubs will get the money, not the relegated clubs) or given like in Golf, the most to 1st place and so on and so forth...

this will prevent escalated transfer prices thanks to Real and City (and once again Chelsea) and would promote the emergence of the Youth through the system which would be good for any league, especially the EPL)

of course the transfer kitty can be alot more... and as well as having some sort of clause that a team can pay a certain amount of money once off (regardless of price) out of their own cash once a season for big and importance purchases...

so you could still get the £50m deal for your Torres etc (which we all love) and then it gives the minnows an oppurtunity to grow their squads and will in turn grow the league in general (even though it does not need to grow much more)

the teams can also accept any bid out of the league system if other leagues such as the BBVA and Serie A are not under the same ruling.. if say Barca splashed £80m on Rooney, United could spend that cash on someone else as per the clause above, however, no one else would be worth that amount of cash and United as well as other clubs would somewhat be forced to save that money and reinvest in the clubs and in doing so, prevent debt, administration and other problems alot of clubs face these days...

it would make it quite fair and interesting... however, there will be haters saying xyz... which is cool, would like to hear your opinions :)

peace,
Neil
£50M equally divided between 20 clubs? What's that like £2.5M?

£50M equally divided between 20 clubs? What's that like £2.5M?
hahaha, that was just an example bud :) of course it will be alot more than that :) around 10-15m at least..

But the mega rich people will definately oppose this

that is exactly who it will aim to protect.... the clubs and its owners... the more you spend, the more debt you will have... its normal economics...

I know they will have and have the money TO spend, however, you like to see a return on your investment in business and if you spend 50m on Torres, he needs to bring the EPL and Champions League in one season to justify that money spent on him.. :) or over a two year period...

If you are expecting all teams to put the same amount in the kitty, then teams like Blackpool and that are going to be ******. They can't afford to put £1m a month into a 'kitty' if they can't afford to spend £12m in the transfer window, as that is what it will equate as.

If you are expecting all teams to put the same amount in the kitty, then teams like Blackpool and that are going to be ******. They can't afford to put £1m a month into a 'kitty' if they can't afford to spend £12m in the transfer window, as that is what it will equate as.
Very true.

their should be teirs EG:

teir 1: Man u, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City

Teir 2: Liverpool, Sunderland, Aston villa, Birmingham, Spurs

Teir 3: Everton, Bolton, Wolves, Newcastle, Stoke

Teir 4: Wolves, West Ham, Wigan, West Brom, Fulham, Wigan

then each team in each teir will be given a maximum budget they can spend by the FA ...

EG:
Teir 1: £40 million each

Teir 2: £30 million each

Teir 3: £20 million each

Teir 4: anything up to £10 million

then depending on what happens during the season (IE take overs, big transfer offer, influx of cash, prize money) depends on what teir they will be in the season after... EG

Man united go into admin they will move into teir 4, Blackpool get taken over by the man city owner and he sells man city they will move into teir 1... that makes more sense... as it will protect teams from over spending

How the **** do you expect the likes of Blackpool to be able to spare that much per month?

I don't see why teams shouldn't be allowed to spend money? It's their choice.. If they go into debt then that is their fault.

their should be teirs EG:

teir 1: Man u, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City

Teir 2: Liverpool, Sunderland, Aston villa, Birmingham, Spurs

Teir 3: Everton, Bolton, Wolves, Newcastle, Stoke

Teir 4: Wolves, West Ham, Wigan, West Brom, Fulham, Wigan

then each team in each teir will be given a maximum budget they can spend by the FA ...

EG:
Teir 1: £40 million each

Teir 2: £30 million each

Teir 3: £20 million each

Teir 4: anything up to £10 million

then depending on what happens during the season (IE take overs, big transfer offer, influx of cash, prize money) depends on what teir they will be in the season after... EG

Man united go into admin they will move into teir 4, Blackpool get taken over by the man city owner and he sells man city they will move into teir 1... that makes more sense... as it will protect teams from over spending

I think exactly the opposite, making bigger clubs spend more money will only pull them further away from the lesser clubs, making the void bigger. The "tier " clubs already have amazing facilities to max out their players potential, whereas the smaller clubs don't, and should be given more money to spend

I think exactly the opposite, making bigger clubs spend more money will only pull them further away from the lesser clubs, making the void bigger. The "tier " clubs already have amazing facilities to max out their players potential, whereas the smaller clubs don't, and should be given more money to spend

while i agree with that... could you see black pool or west ham funding 40 mill for a transfer budget? the way that i have set it out is based on this season... im not saying that blackpool would be in teir 4, they could get taken over and move up the teirs.. i made this sugestion as a way to make sure that teams dont find gaps in the finances which could put the future of teh club in doubt.

Back