Status
Not open for further replies.

I3east

Reaction score

*Note i played the first season to get committed to the game so i have some new players*

Megson walks out days before play off final !

gary_megson_1235180c.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday's former boss and local hero Gary Megson walked out of the South Yorkshire club just 7 days before the League One club face Swindon in League One Play Off Final, Megson's team beat Plymouth 4-0 on aggregate over the two legs of the Semi-Final and were hoping to be back in the NPower Championship just after been relegated from the division last season. With Megson and all his backroom staff gone chariman Milan Mandaric will have to act fast to find a replacement for Megson. The bookies favourites for the job are Kevin Keegan, Chris Hughton, Lee Bullen and Ray Wilkins.

_42458909_bullen_getty300.jpg

Will Bullen return to Hillsborough ?

This is what owner Milan Mandaric had to say on Megson quitting his post;

'I am very upset that Gary has decided to leave the club under such short notice, when i was at Leicester he left me after 6 weeks to go to Bolton and i don't know where he is of to now. The fans deserve better than this, they turned out in vast amounts to support him and the players and he quits just seven days before the clubs biggest game of the season, it's madness. I am looking forward to the play off final and hopefully we will get some extra income if we win and we will put that to transfers for next season. I am going to try my best to get a replacement in before the Swindon game but i cannot promise anything.

Neville joins The Owls

gary_neville8.jpg

Former Manchester United player Gary Neville has today been announced the new manager of NPower League One side Sheffield Wednesday just four days before a Play Off Final between them and Swindon Town, Milan Mandaric believed Neville's experience will help the club and it's players mental state going into the Play Off Final. Neville has had no previous management experience which has shocked many Sheffield Wednesday fans but they have promised to get behind the squad in saturday's game against Swindon Town.
This is what Gary Neville had to say;

Sheffield Wednesday are a big club to say what division they are in and they do not deserve to be in this league, only a few years ago i was playing against them when i was at Man Utd and the fans are amazing, they stick by the manager 99% of the time and i hope they give me a chance to try and win promotion into the Championship and then maybe into the Prem, i have a feel about what the team will be on saturday and i am aware of the talent Megson brought into the team in the Winter so i will have to see what the team will be and speak to Milan about possible transfer targets.

League One Play Off Final

175px-Sheffield_Wednesday.svg.png
V
180px-Swindon_Town_FC.svg.png

Line Ups

Sheffield Wednesday

Koprivec
Morrison - Booth - Johnson - Reynolds
Lantz
Sillah - Osbourne - Coke - Quinn
Van Dijk

Swindon Town

Lucas
Caddis - Cuthbert - Jean-Francois - Misun
Dossevi - Douglas - Ferry - Mcgovern
Pericard - Benyon

Final Score - Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Swindon Town
Giles Coke '68

Gary Megsons Tranfers

Kevin Phillips
Jan Koprivec
Matthew Booth
Lewis McGugan
Ebou Sillah
Katlego Mphela
Marcus Lantz
Alan Quinn
Dave Van Den Bergh

Out

Jermaine Johnson - £90,000
Darren Potter - £250,000

Nice OP mate :) really good detail and pictures :) hope you win the final! Like the fact Gary Neville is back, I just signed him as my coach in my backroom staff at Livingston! :D

Nice OP mate :) really good detail and pictures :) hope you win the final! Like the fact Gary Neville is back, I just signed him as my coach in my backroom staff at Livingston! :D

I won the final, its on the bottom of the OP

Well done on the play off final win, and best of luck n the championship :)

I felt we needed to completely overhaul the squad or we would have no chance gaining promotion, i sat with Milan and discussed who should leave the club and why. We discussed this for hours on end and when we finally got all deals completed i was pleased that it was over.

KevinPhillipsJoeGiddensEmpics1.jpg

Phillips is off to sunny Blackpool

Kevin Phillips - Blackpool - Free Transfer
Michael Morrison - Liverpool - £1,800,000 (release cause)
Chris Sedgwick - Brentford - Free Transfer
James O'Connor - Released
Dave Van Den Bergh - Released
Alan Quinn - Released
Richard Hinds - Released
Jack Barnett - Released
Vadaine Oliver - Released
James Cottingham - Released
Thomas Hall - Released
Reda Johnson - Fulham - £1,700,000 (release clause)
Paul Heffernan - Scunthorpe - £90,000
Nicky Weaver - Preston - P/Ex (Ian Ashbee)
Katlego Mphela - Sunderland - £500,000
Marcus Lantz - Hull - £250,000
Clinton Morrison - Released
Sergio Van Dijk - Pescara - £100,000
Mark Reynolds - Celtic - £2,800,000
Giles Coke - Hibernian - £350,000
Lewis McGugan - Cardiff - £500,000

After getting rid of the players that would be only sat in the reserves i decided i needed lots of players to cover for our losses, i was straight onto my scout to have a look at some players, in the papers we had been linked with the likes of Michael Owen and John Carew, no chance, surely they wouldn't come to us ? Might as well try anyway, Carew rejected us for Palermo i think it was and we decided to leave Owen for a while, this is the list of players we have managed to bring in so far;

n_getafe_cf_juan_angel_albin_leites-1251.jpg

Albin is looking forward to the challenge ahead.

Jack Robinson - Free Transfer
Rory Delap - Free Transfer
Connor Wickham - Loan
Chris Smalling - Loan
Ryan Jack - Free Transfer
Kyle Wilkie - Free Tranfer
Andrew Lonergan - Free Transfer
Andy Reid - Free Tranfer
David Albelda - Free Transfer
Maniche - Free Transfer
Marcin Wasilewski - Free Transfer
Juan Angel Albin - Free Transfer
Marlon Harewood - £100,000
Raul Bravo - Free Transfer
Brynjar Gunnarsson - Free Transfer
David Healy - Free Transfer
Mark Randall - Free Transfer
Leandro Gracian - Free Transfer
Andrew Keogh - £1,300,000

I was delighted with those deals, we got some top class players who could probably cut it in the Premier League and have also played at international level. I think this season is going to be a good one for Sheffield Wednesday and i think this magnificent club maybe in the Premier League next campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.