A legend's return to his only love-Manchester City

ExtrEmeEnigma

Reaction score
View attachment 261790
Breaking news-Roberto Mancini fired by Manchester City's owner after trying to give his son,Andrea (19) a 20k euros/week contract
Garry Cook,Manchester City's managing director has issued a public statement about the contract termination of both Andrea and Roberto Mancini,after Roberto attempted to offer his son a blockbuster deal considering his current ability.It is reported that Khaldoon Al Mubarak is already in touch with some possible replacements for the 46 year old Italian.

Last edited:
View attachment 261815

"Good evening,ladies and gentlemen,fellow "old-schoolers" who prefer a radio sports debate over a TV one.I am your host,Anthony Stevens.This evening's discussion is about the Manchester City situation.We already have a caller.Hello,you are live on BBC Radio 5!"

"Hello,my name is Gary Thompson and I am a citizen fan for 27 years.Let me tell you,I've never seen a coach acting so disrespectful as Mancini!Disrespectful to us fans,to the Manchester City players,to England,and to be quite honest,to the world."

"Tell me,mister Thompson,who do you think that should replace Mancini?"

"Well,I think my idea is shared by all the MCFC fans all over England.It's time we bring a manager who knows how to impose himself as a leader.The person I am refering to is a former Manchester City captain and an England legendary player.That man is Andrew Smithies."

"But don't you feel like a more famous coach would be more suitable for the job?"

"Mister Stevens,I think we english people had enough of famous coaches.We should give people like Smithies a chance too,and that is a mutual feeling here in England.At least we can be sure of one thing,and that is his love for Manchester City."

Last edited:
June 2011.With all the media in my back,I barely have time to relax myself a bit.I just discovered a great book,Hunting in Harlem.I fell on the couch and opened the book,but just as I was starting to read,my phone rang.
-Hello?,I said
-Good morning,mister Smithies,I am Garry Cook,the managing director of Manchester City.I am sure you are aware of the recent incidents at our club,and of what happened to mister Mancini.We would be ecstatic if you would accept the managerial position at Manchester.
-Yes,of course!
-Then it's all settled!Could you please come at the stadium tomorrow so we can discuss your contract?
-I could even come today!
-The sooner the better,he said.In two hours?
-Make it one!
-Perfect!