A Lesson For Man Utd and Liverpool fans possibly??

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 2K

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Arguably the biggest game in the Germain football calender and an allocation of the away fans sent their tickets back without being offered a refund because of Schalke upping their ticket prices. I know its a different subject but now questions are being asked about Utd and Liverpool fans. The ones that say im against the Owners and back this just by buying a different colour scarf and moaning about the oweners while they are on there way to the ground to watch the game. Of corse there are more teams in England that has or have problems like these like the recent turmoil at my city of residence Portsmouth. This did end up going ahead and Dortmund have got some really good press about this and could have got there own way, questions are being raised that English football could learn from this.

I will add im am just starting a debate not slating any fans i am basicly opening a can or worms.

What are peoples views on this???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8986321.stm

http://www.ultras-tifo.net/news/153-dortmund-fans-boycott-derby.html

Last edited:
They brought tickets then didnt go to the game, theyre idiots, thats what i think about it.

Refusing to attend a match is a very potent threat. With the ticket prices and the "official gear" prices not to mention food and beer. They make a mint every game. And missing out on any of that could be devastating.

The problem is, when 10,000 people don't attend in protest there are 10,000 more who don't care about the cause and didn't have tickets and now they suddenly do. So, a lot of people have to be committed to what you're trying to accomplish for it to make any kind of an impact.

as the article goes on to say, we dont have the same kind of popular direct action mindset as the germans, thats why theirs was so successful

The problem is I would never give up my season ticket as, as soon as I did someone else would come in and take it and I don't want to loose out on it. United and Liverpool both are amazing clubs with amazing support and as soon as someone gives up their season ticket/tickets someone else will come in and buy them.

They brought tickets then didnt go to the game, theyre idiots, thats what i think about it.

actually they gave them back. Dortmund coach Klopp made a good point: "Why should our fans finance Huntelaar?"

Schalke are having some serious financial problems but were still spending a ton of money

Last edited:
This idea popped up on the liverpool fc forums, we had the idea that if both sets of fans boycotted the match then there would be noone at the ground and the media would pick it up...

However, there's always going to be **** heads that'll turn up, and not give a **** about any protest against bad owners.

The problem is I would never give up my season ticket as, as soon as I did someone else would come in and take it and I don't want to loose out on it. United and Liverpool both are amazing clubs with amazing support and as soon as someone gives up their season ticket/tickets someone else will come in and buy them.

but surely your main concern is the future of your club? i know what your saying that if you pulled out someone would snap up your seat but the point is why dont everyone pull out.. Buying scarfs that make you look like Norwich dosen't hurt the oweners one bit does it.

but surely your main concern is the future of your club? i know what your saying that if you pulled out someone would snap up your seat but the point is why dont everyone pull out.. Buying scarfs that make you look like Norwich dosen't hurt the oweners one bit does it.
youve missed the point of the article, a large part of the reason its successful in germany and how it wouldnt be here is donw to the fundamental difference in the mindsets of british and german people

I'd protest against the owners, NOT the team. I go to support the team, and always will.

This idea popped up on the liverpool fc forums, we had the idea that if both sets of fans boycotted the match then there would be noone at the ground and the media would pick it up...

However, there's always going to be **** heads that'll turn up, and not give a **** about any protest against bad owners.
Calling us dicks for watching our club, no matter how bad the owners are, it's not the players fault.

youve missed the point of the article, a large part of the reason its successful in germany and how it wouldnt be here is donw to the fundamental difference in the mindsets of british and german people

oh yer i know that but why can't we be like that?

Well they lose out on all the scarf money :)

If everyone agreed to do it, Im sure he would, but they won't and he would just lose his ticket, with the cowboys getting the same money as before.

I'd protest against the owners, NOT the team. I go to support the team, and always will.

Calling us dicks for watching our club, no matter how bad the owners are, it's not the players fault.

yer i understand that but the only way you will frustrate the owners is by not backrolling them surely. If you don't pay for official merchandise, tickets, stadium tours etc then the owner is loosing money and that hurts them more than anything.

oh yer i know that but why can't we be like that?
we've never really been like that ever to be honest. except during the second world war. there were the unions in the 70s, but if you are talking about the country at large its not our thing, unless things get truly dire (poll tax riots)

I don't understand how calling fans who've paid good money to watch their team play at home makes them "**** heads" .

I don't understand how calling fans who've paid good money to watch their team play at home makes them "**** heads" .

i think what he is saying is that the people who do pay are just giving the owners no reason to leave yet they moan they don't want them owning their club.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

we've never really been like that ever to be honest. except during the second world war. there were the unions in the 70s, but if you are talking about the country at large its not our thing, unless things get truly dire (poll tax riots)

agreed, just imagine if it did happen that Utd and Liverpool fans didn't go last sunday and there was lets say only 20odd thousand at Old Trafford there imagine the publicity it would get around the world.

i think what he is saying is that the people who do pay are just giving the owners no reason to leave yet they moan they don't want them owning their club.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

agreed, just imagine if it did happen that Utd and Liverpool fans didn't go last sunday and there was lets say only 20odd thousand at Old Trafford there imagine the publicity it would get around the world.
as bad as it is, united are still doing it well on the pitch, once it starts to take effect on the pitch, thats whn i think you would see real action. buts its very easy to say what should be done, much much harder to see it in action

Back