A Level results day

luke797

Reaction score
Anyone else doing a levels get their results today? went to the college to collect mine earlier but they wernt as good as i would have liked but could have been worse i suppose.:p

C in AS geography
D in AS computing
E in AS maths

B in A2 Maths
C in A2 Chemistry (3 marks off a B :'()
C in A2 Physics

Queen Mary London wanted BBC but I can't get in contact with them so not sure if they'll let me in :S

B in A2 Maths
C in A2 Physics

Queen Mary London wanted BBC but I can't get in contact with them so not sure if they'll let me in :S
Well done on your results. I started to do physics earlier in the year but decided to drop it because i found it too hard lol.

Last edited:
B in A2 Maths
C in A2 Physics

You checked on UCAS? I saw that I got into uni before I got my results when I got mine, might say on there if they are letting you in.

Well done on your results. I started to do physics earlier in the year but decided to drop it because i found it too hard lol. Do they only put the exact marks on the A2 results because mine just say the grade so no idea if i was near any grade boundaries but it does say 'provisional results' at the top which could be why...

Yeah they give the number of marks and I added them up to see how close I was to the grade boundaries.

You checked on UCAS? I saw that I got into uni before I got my results when I got mine, might say on there if they are letting you in.

I don't think UCAS has updated for me, it all looks the same as before. I don't have a clearing number which might be a good sign.

Exactly the same subjects I took at AS mate did better than me i got EEEE with P.E as well in there and this year managed DDE lol!

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Yeah they give the number of marks and I added them up to see how close I was to the grade boundaries.

I don't think UCAS has updated for me, it all looks the same as before. I don't have a clearing number which might be a good sign.
3 marks of a B mate, you'll be fine as long as your personal statement and interview were up to scratch, they always give a bit of lee-way.

A in English Lit
C in Biology
D in Chemistry
C in General Studies

(yes it spells ACDC)

I have an offer through clearing for a place at Wolverhampton Uni for English, wasn't sure I'd get anything after I rejected my original offers (was going to do Chemistry). :D

3 marks of a B mate, you'll be fine as long as your personal statement and interview were up to scratch, they always give a bit of lee-way.

I didn't have an interview for Queen Mary but I had one for UCL and they offered me a place (they wanted AAB though :p) so I assume that means my Personal Statement was OK.

i also get mine on the 24th although i know business because CIE releases results earlier, not happy with a B :(

A in AS Business
D in AS Sports
No exam for ICT but expected a Distinction over the course of 2 years

He may be on holiday or something though...
Errr, not as good as i hoped, probably a little too much Football Manager.. looks like i'm applying next year, but definitely taking a GAP year:
AS Level result(s):
English Lit: C
Spanish: B
Gov't and Politics: D
History: C

Gutted about History, 5 marks off a B, but i'm going to retake probably Hist, Eng, and Spanish.

Last edited:
A-Level results day = demolition of my school :)

Bad luck Tiraths.. Might be worth a remark if you don't get in??
Anyone taking a gap year?

I wish I had taken a gap year and gone traveling, staying in education for so long is a bit of a killer.

Bad luck Tiraths.. Might be worth a remark if you don't get in??
Anyone taking a gap year?

Possibly. I've sent them an email so just have to sit tight and wait...

Only got one result because I am doing GCSEs, but as I did Maths a year early we did a FreeStandingMathsQualification

Additional Maths : D