scottc87

Reaction score
Hi guys,

currently have a great game going with my Rangers team. Just looking for some help/advice on 2 areas

1. My players, generally defenders give away stupid needless penalties like shoving etc. This is so annoying as defensively we are so sound but giving away a stupid penalty every 4/5 games on average. Its not the same player either so any advice on how to stop these stupid errors as currently played 24 league games conceding 8 goals 4 of which being penalties from these errors.

2. My team again going forward are good. scored 47 in 24 but the amount of really good chances we are missing/wasting. Again multiple players missing these chances, some are absolute sitters!! Any advice on how to help make them bit more clinical were creating the chance which is the hard bit, surely blasting it home from 5/10 yards should be easy but apparently not, I get lifelike not every chance in real football is scored but this is so frustrating and just really looking for thi final push to being a great team.

thanks

1. Different player but same side? Then perhaps make that side the defensive minded midfielder to make them have some marking help so they don't think they need to put in the foot there. Maybe take the centreback closing a bit down by one of individual instruction, change to a less closing role (cover from standard), lower defensive line a notch. Problem with those is they may mess with your defensive system.

2. I'd have to see them. First thing to say is people overestimate a lot some chances, specially those <5 yards. Here is an entry in the blog of a professional goalkeeper coach for indoor football (in Spanish, it's also about actual sport, nothing about the game, but I find the game does it very well, though a bit less since FM13). The closer shot to goal, the more angles to goal the keeper can cover. If a long ball/cross is in its path to the 6 yard box, the keeper will have it easy to predict where the head/foot of the striker will meet the ball and place himself right in front where the ball won't have any available angle to reach the net. Those super easy chances commentarists and many fans keep speaking as easy and those supersaves are actually impossible shots and the easiest saves. I wouldn't be surprised if I see those sitters and find out they're actually almost impossible to score. Anyway, things you can do depend on what is happening around and how they come, it can be your players are going too fast and the strikers don't have the ball quite where they want because the assisters have been too rushed to measure the pass/cross well enough or perhaps it's the contrary and the build up has been too slow and those strikers have defenders making them uncomfortable, leading them to hurry the finish.

Hi thanks for your reply

1. No to be honest generally from set pieces both free kicks and corners, there has been 1 or 2 from open play but they could just be random and I can accept those.

2. My main issue is the number of times my players from 1 to 10 yards out majority of time either miss target completely even if unchallenged or simply straight at the keeper. Have 1 striker with place shots PPM and 1 with shoots with power PPM but both similar along with other players. I get even more annoyed when just missing target, looking at my previous 20 games average 1 in 3 on target but were missing target with so many simple ones