yoshigasm

Reaction score
Hey guys, first time thread poster here.

Probably not the first guy to do this, but what if the only difference between British League football clubs (Prem - League 2) was just a name?

I'm working an editor file that basically removes all staff, players and finances/reputations from a club, and places all clubs, regardless of league on an even playing field. (Think football gone mad, but less mad)

From there I'd assign all teams the same budget, reputations, so on.

All the former league players will be dropped into the free agent pool, so it'd be the task of the player to assemble a good team by convincing them to join their team.

Although at the moment, I'm struggling to get ballpark figures for budgets to building teams (At the moment I'm thinking anywhere between £35 - 60 million.) and reputations.

Anyone got any ideas or just thoughts in general?

I've no idea about this thing whatsoever, but here's my initial thought.

If you even out the reputation, wouldn't the big-name players (Rooney, Aguero, Torres etc. etc.) go abroad? Not that it necessarily is a concern, but you might end up with a very mediocre team to start off with, but then i guess one could just start off in L2 :)

Maybe you've already thought about that, just thought i'd let you know

At the moment the reputation I've smoothed out is at the same level as Barca (Although this isn't ideal, this will require a bit of trial and error to find a median), and with the lower budgets is producing some teams with mediocre squads with a star player or two , other teams with a good average level of players and others that seem disinterested in signing good players at all, (I think that's a staff issue/stat issue, so I will play another season with a round of changes to see if I can smooth that out.)