Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
Why Brazilian players don't receive Work Permit in Npower Premiership ? Burley - season 1.

Who needs Ba; we got Best
Reaction score
Because you need a work permit if that player is outside of the EU. Sometimes it isn't accepted because, in real life, they don't feel it is necessary for them to work in this country.

Is that what you're asking?

Reaction score
Yes... But i'm trying to sign some players wich in Romania they are accepted and here in Premiership the can't play . One of them is Junior Moraes , who is playing in the Romanian Championship.

Reaction score
the only way a work permit will be accepted is if a player has played over 50% (?) of their countries internationals in the last 2 years, or if they have an exceptional talent, in which case it may be accepted on appeal. also it's not the npower premiership, its the barclays premier league.

Reaction score
Players won't get a work permit without playing a percentage of their national teams games within the last year. It also might depend on club rep and/or wage? It used to, I really don't fully understand work permits I just approach and see. I always look for dual nationality ;)

Super Moderator
Reaction score
To qualify for a UK work permit a player must be from a nation that is ranked 150 or higher in the FIFA world rankings. He must also have played in 75% of his national teams fixtures in the previous 2 years.

Appeals can overturn a rejection on the grounds of a special talent: ie a young and exceptionally gifted player. Or injury, ie Anderson got his work permit at Man Utd as Utd got the Brazilian FA to confirm that Anderson would have been picked for more national team games had he not suffered a knee injury which kept him out for 9 months.

Reaction score
no, he means premiership, but the barclays premier league..