A lot of my players sent off this season

chack1

Reaction score
so iam in my third season as the manager of manchester united and i have found that a fewof my players have been sent of for dirty challenges and elbows to the face. in my previous two seasons i think i only receive one red card. but this season alone i have received about 4 or 5 and it's only late november on my game! it's ridiculous that when i talk to them and warn them about their terrible attitude they always argue and then walk off. nothing frustrates me more than when it says "i stand by what i said, guess i'll be leaving then"

has anyone got any tips of how to teahc my team more discipline and stop making ridiculous challenges. i have the closing down tactic as 'press more' but the tackling as default. i dont want to set it as more laid back as then teams will destroy me.

the main culrits have been

Rafael
Evra
Jones
Vidic

Vidic always seems to elbow someone. Rafael either makes two footed challenges or gets two yellows and i find that when he gets booked, i have to take him off. He always seems to get sent off in the games against Liverpool. Evra and Jones are continually making nasty challenges

Any help would be appreciated

play a 'stand-off' tacitc imo to reduce reds shown.

or maybe those players are just born like that XD

Do you warn/fine your players when they get sent off? I don't know if it actually helps or if i just like thinking that it does, but usually it says that the warned player "indicated a willingness to control his temperament in future matches".. :)

I've played as Man Utd quite a bit, and Rooney picked up five red cards in my last season, all from flagrantly bad challenges, not double bookings. Fining two weeks wages didn't make any difference in his behavior either.

I find that fining players works sometimes. Also check their PPM's, you could start training them to "Stop diving into tackles" if they do. For shouts, you could try "stand-off" as said and "stay on your feet." Those usually work.

Hmm, try to give them (rafa, evra, Jones, Vidic) a warning or fine and see their responses, if they feel that's fair enough then good, if it's not just keep cool and don't offend them.

My 1st season with united was great, the only player who made red cards was Rafael and i gave him warning and fine to make him more discipline, and it went well, he played well and never got the red card again, once he got it, i replaced his position with another fullback like Fabio and Evra, after that all my players never made a red card

Iam in 2nd season with united now and the squad is really solid, iam in 1st position now leaving City in 2nd position 21 points behind, yeah that's cool right?

And i think you should interact with players sometimes, when they become man of the match or having a storming game, chat with them and say they've played well, it will boost their morale and build good relationship with you

Sign a coach with high discipline coaching atribute

thanks for all your responses guys!

yeah i have been fining a player if he gets sent off. if it's a straight red for a vicious challenge or an elbow then it's a two week fine. i'll let you know how it goes!