BigEasyG

Reaction score
2012/2013​
A Football Manager Story​
By​
bigyin58​
On July 3, 2012 I took up the post as the Celtic manager. I accepted the Boards seasons expectations of delivering the SPL Title by way of playing Attacking Style football.

My first order of business was to set up the Training Schedule for the club. I initially set up the schedule on ‘very high’ to Team Cohesion. As we progressed through the season, I would take the advice of my 1st​ Team Coach as to when the schedule required changing (e.g. Teamwork to Attacking Movement and/or ‘very high’ to ‘high’).
I opted for the following 3 Tactics that would be utilised accordingly throughout the season;

Tactic 1: 4-2-3-1 Boo Ya! (Wizard), Very Fluid Style, Attacking. I would change to Contain and drop the 2 CMs back to DM roles for tough away games.

Tactic 2: Celtic Champs League 4-3-2-1 Andy, Fluid Style Attacking.
Tactic 3: King of Kings Sumeet, Very Fluid Style, Attacking.

My next priority was to seek a ‘quality’ Director of Football and before long, 39 year old Frenchman Damien Comolli happily accepted our offer. With a £7.54M Transfer Budget I gave my Director of Football the responsibility of finding suitable players to add to our squad.

SQUAD

GKs: Fraser Foster, Viktor Noring (Loan), Lukasz Zaluska

DEFs: Mikael Lustig, Rami Gershon (Loan), Kelvin Wilson, Charlie Mulgrew, Thomas Rogne, Efe Ambrose, Adam Matthews, Emilio Izaguirre

MIDs: Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal, Victor Wanyama, Scott Brown, James Forrest, Kris Commons, Georgios Samaras, Dylan McGeouch, Tom Rogic, Lassad, Anthony Stokes

STs: Miku (Loan), Gary Hooper, Tony Watt

.....and so we're off........

Wednesday July 7, 2012 – Friendly Match (H)
The only friendly saw us at home to PSG and I fielded a 4-2-3-1 formation under the Boo Ya! (Wizard) Tactic. A surprising 3-0 win was duly secured with Izaguirre (29th​ min), Forrest (62nd​ min) and Ambrose (71st​ min) getting on the score sheet.

View attachment 339654

I was most pleased with all aspects of our game, specifically our Attempts on Goal whilst keeping their attempts to a minimum.
Man of the Match: Efe Ambrose

Wednesday August 1, 2012 – Champions League Qual. 3 Leg 1 vs AEL (Cyprus) (H)

Well our season ‘officially’ got underway against Cypriot minnows AEL at home. A resounding 8-0 victory ensued, thereby guaranteeing progression through to the next round.
View attachment 339655

The manner of the victory was fantastic which was secured, in no small way, by way of 71% Possession and 19 Attempts on Goal (15 on target).

Season 2012/2013 Opening Day, Saturday August 4, 2012 – SPL Round 1 vs Aberdeen (H)
Our SPL campaign kicks off, at home, to Aberdeen. With the return Champions League match in mind, I ‘tinkered’ with the line-up. Even so, a hard fought 2-0 victory was secured against a spirited Aberdeen outfit.
View attachment 339656

Man of the Match: Gary Hooper

Wednesday August 8, 2012 – Champions League Qual.3 Leg 2 vs AEL (Cyprus) (A)
The return leg in Cyprus was played under unusually breezy conditions and a 2-0 victory ensured progression to the next round on a 10-0 aggregate score line.
View attachment 339659

Sunday August 12, 2012 – SPL Round 2 vs Dundee Utd (H)

Our next SPL match was at home to Dundee Utd. I kept faith with the 4-2-3-1 Boo Ya! Tactic saw off a spirited Dundee Utd 2-0 with Curtis Main scoring an own goal (11th​ min) and Georgios Samaras (78th​ min) netting to secure the win.
View attachment 339660

Overall, a pleasing win which was secured mainly through our 63% Possession & 13 Attempts on Goal.
Man of the Match: Kelvin Wilson

Tuesday August 21, 2012 – Champions League Champions Playoff Leg 1 vs Helsingborg (H)

On a fairly balmy evening in Glasgow, Celtic put Helsingborg to the sword with a commanding 2-0 victory. Again, I kept faith with the 4-2-3-1 Boo Ya! Tactic. Commanding does not do the performance justice as we had 34 Attempts on Goal – with only 8 being On Target!! Gary Hooper netted both goals (32nd​ & 67th​ mins) and yet was not awarded MoM??

View attachment 339661

Man of the Match: James Forrest

Wednesday August 29, 2012 – Champions League Champions Playoff Leg 2 vs Helsingborg (A)
On a cold, breezy night in Helsingborg we saw off a rather disappointing Helsingborg 3-0. Whilst I kept the 4-2-3-1 Boo Ya! Tactic for this leg, I made a couple of slight changes. I dropped the 2 CMs back into DM roles and changed from ‘attacking’ to ‘contain’. My ‘tinkering’ worked wonders as we finished the match with 65% Possession whilst restricting them to only 5 Attempts on Goal. So, Group Stages Champions’ League here we come.

View attachment 339662

Man of the Match: Georgios Samaras

August Overview
Board Interaction:
To summarise, the Board are pleased with your management of the team.

This has been underlined by the fans’ delight at Celtic’s convincing 10-0 UEFA Champions League Third Qualifying Phase Second Leg aggregate win over AEL.

League Cup 3rd​ Round Draw
View attachment 339663

Champions’ League Group Stages Draw
View attachment 339664
The ‘odds’ are yet to be released – but Barca, Real, Bayern & Man Utd are among the ‘short-priced’ favourites in my mind.

P W D L F A
6 6 0 0 19 0

View attachment 339665

Scorers: Gary Hooper 7, Georgios Samaras 6, Efe Ambrose 4.

View attachment 339669View attachment 339670View attachment 339671

Player of the Month: Gary Hooper, 6 Appearances, 7 Goals, 7.87 Ave rating
View attachment 339669

League
View attachment 339667

Next update Sunday May 12.......stay tuned.

Saturday September 1, 2012 – SPL Round 3 vs Hibernian (H)
Hibernian succumbed to a slick Celtic outfit on a mid autumnal afternoon at Celtic Park.
Hibernian’s resistance was finally broken when midfielder Lassad struck with a sweetly struck free kick on the edge of the area on 57 minutes. The last goal of the game came following a blunder by the Hibees goalkeeper, Michael McGovern, on 74 minutes.
View attachment 340506
Man of the Match: Joe Ledley

Sunday September 16, 2012 – SPL Round 4 vs St. Johnstone (A)
Everything went according to plan as a young Celtic side demolished a lacklustre St. Johnstone defence.
Gary Hooper put in one of his best shifts to date and bagged a well deserved brace. All in all an excellent away win.
View attachment 340513

Wednesday September 19, 2012 – Champions League Group G Game 1 vs FC Kobenhaven (H)
On a cold and wet European night at Celtic Park, we put the visitors to the sword. Gary Hooper netted his second brace in as many games, but it was the display by young James Forrest that had the fans ‘purring for more’.
The only downside was a serious injury to Tom Rogic which sees him sidelined until late October.
View attachment 340516
Man of the Match: James Forrest

Saturday September 22, 2012 – SPL Round 5 vs Dundee (H)
Our fifth straight SPL win was duly delivered as we smashed Dundee 5-2 at home. A change in the goalkeeping ranks saw us concede our first goals in the competition. This game also saw our first red card of the season which was shown to Victor Wanyama after just 26mins.
View attachment 340517
Man of the Match: Dylan McGeouch

Wednesday September 26, 2012 – League Cup 3rd​ Round vs East Fife (H)
Fans were singing the praises of their heroes at Celtic Park as we routed The Fifers 5-0. Gary Hooper got on the score sheet yet again with yet another brace taking his tally to 13 in 10 games, but it was the 70% possession and restricting the opposition to just 2 attempts on goal that ensured passage into the next round.
View attachment 340518

Saturday September 29, 2012 – SPL Round 6 vs Motherwell (A)
A comfortable 4-1 win was secured against one of the league’s worst defences as Motherwell lost to an ‘on fire’ Celtic on a fine autumn afternoon at Fir Park.
Gary Hooper got us off to a flyer after just 2 minutes. Efe Ambrose bagged a brace and despite Motherwell pulling one back through a Nicky Law penalty, midfielder Lassad rounded off the scoring to ensure the victory.
View attachment 340519

September Overview
Board Interaction:
The Board are very pleased with your overall leadership of the team.
They are particularly pleased with the attacking football has been playing.

Manager of the Month Award
View attachment 340522

Player of the Month Award
View attachment 340521

League Cup Quarter Final Draw
View attachment 340525

P W D L F A
6 6 0 0 24 4
View attachment 340532

Scorers
Gary Hooper 7, Efe Ambrose 4, Lassad 4
View attachment 340545View attachment 340546View attachment 340547

League
View attachment 340548

All in all a very pleasing month for the club. The big test, however, is coming up - away to Man U in the Champions League.

Next update, Wednesday May 15th....stayed tuned.

Last edited: