A Mission With Montpellier

• Thread starter Thread starter avfctom
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 10K
May 2012

View attachment 254522

So we have done it! Champions of France! As you will see we wobbled, but worked our way there! A great feeling to see a great team complete the double! Top work from our boys!

Ligue 1

Montpellier 4 - 0 Evian TG
Romain Pitau
Remy Cabella x 2
Joris Marveaux
A good start to a month in which we really need to go for it! Giroud was silent but my 2 holding midfielders, and a winger with a brace, help us to a much needed dominant win. The fans and I are really seeing the title now!

Stade Rennais 3 - 0 Montpellier
Tongo Doumbia
Erdinc x 2

A gutting result, we have to wait another week to be given our title. We just didnt get going all match, Giroud missed a penalty and we seemed nervous. We gave Lille (Who we play next week) a slight hope of the title for them.

Montpellier 1 - 1 Lille
Oliver Giroud
Pedretti
We done it! Infront of our own fans we were named champions! There was a virtual pitch invasion (not really) and i was hurled into the air as the fans chanted "the chosen one" in French ;)
View attachment 254546

View attachment 254550

AJ Auxerre 0 - 0 Montpellier
I put a reserve team out, to rest the championship winning side, and im poor away recently as it is. So a bore draw was nothing out the blue. Nothing really to comment except that we wrapped up 4 points clear.

The Final League Table

View attachment 254551

The Title Winning Side!

View attachment 254552
Olivier Giroud :wub:

End of Season Player Awards

Goalkeeper of the Season:
Steve Mandanda (boo!)

View attachment 254569

Star Goalkeeper:
1. Steve Mandanda
2. Mickael Landreau
3. Geoffrey Jourdren

View attachment 254570
Goalkeepers are quite ugly, right?

Manager of the season:
1. ME!
View attachment 254571

Most Assists:
1. Younes Belhanda
2. John Utaka
3. Mvuemba
View attachment 254573

Most Promising Player:
1. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
View attachment 254574

Players Player of the Season:
1. Younes Belhanda
View attachment 254575

Referee of the Season:
1. Clement Turpin
HE WENT WILD!
View attachment 254576

Revelation of the Year:
Frederic Bulot
View attachment 254577

Star of the Season:
1. John Utaka
2. Eden Hazard
3. Lisandro Lopez
View attachment 254579

Stars Team of the Season:
We had 4 players in it, here it is:
View attachment 254581

Team of the Year:
US!
View attachment 254582

Top Goalscorer:
1. Lisandro Lopez
2. Olivier Giroud
3. Radzionau
Lopez won it on 1 less game played the mug! Giroud deserved it, but no! :(
View attachment 254583

XI of the Season:
We had 2 players in this, here it is:
View attachment 254586

Best African Player of the Season:
1. Younes Belhanda
2. John Utaka
3. Karim Ait Fana

We dominated this award!

View attachment 254587

The Tom Brown Awards
So the big award ceremony, the players gathered, media gathered as I announced my winning players. The hall went silent.

Brown's Player Of The Year:
It's got to go to Younes Belhanda. Oliver Giroud was close, but Belhanda is just utter class. My prize asset and someone I now have a little love for. The picture shows him just after I gave him the trophy, don't know where he got the other one from though!
View attachment 254590

Young Player Of The Season:
This has to go to Mapou Yanga Mbiwa! He was my rock at the back all season, and at an age of just 23, has a long career to come. He played 47 games throughout the season, netting 3 and averaging 7.2, well done Yanga! The picture shows Mapou after he found out he had won the award.
View attachment 254593

Breakthrough Player of the Year:
Even though he's only on loan, it has to go to Clement Grenier. I didn't think too much of him when he came to the club, and if it wasn't for a horrific injury keeping out for 3 months, would have played much more games for the club. Im gutted to see him go back to Lyon, and will do everything in my power to get him back next season. The image shows Grenier showing me his teeth.
View attachment 254596

-----

So, what will i do for the rest of the summer? Twiddle my thumbs? Nope. Those of you that have been looking at the screenies closely will notice that there has been Great Britain U23's in my team name. You got it! Im leading Team GB at the Olympics! Wish me luck!

So thats the 1st Season of my Montpellier save over, how do you think I did?
Can you suggest any signings?
Im thinking of a holding CM and a backup striker minimum. Perhaps a new CB too.
Thanks for reading guys, its been a great season and I look forward to the next.
Over and out.
​Next update soon, will be an Olympic update.

I had a break from this for a while, sorry. I just want to know if I have any followers? Because if i don't im going to stop posting. If there are people following then please comment to tell me and i will continue to update. I will only do 6month update to stop the thread becoming too clogged up. Thanks guys.

Back