A Napoli Story - Europe Here We Come

FMwiseguy

Reaction score
Okay fellas, here's my FM12 story - my first FM version ever, so don't be too harsh with me. I am lucky that at least I have some quite decent football knowledge since I do bet on football games.

Napoli is my team. They have a good squad overall, including two beasts in attack (Lavezzi and Cavani).

I've already played a first season and I am happy that I won the Serie A, played semis in Italian Cup (got beaten by Milan) while Champions League is a tough mission - I managed to get through the group stage but then I had to face Chelsea, and I got beaten.

My transfers in 1st season were Dzagoev (the Russian Messi as considered) for 9M euros, Paloschi for 4.1M, Romario 2.5M and L. de Jong for 8M. Well I can't really claim I did some great deals as almost all are backups to Hamsik, Cavani, Maggio, Lavezzi.
Players out: M. Santana was released on a 600K fee. Grava was given a free transfer.

This is the history of my 11/12 season.

Now I'll give you a view on my current 12/12 season. Doing okay I'd say.
I decided to not play any friendlies at the start of the season. My team doesn't really need to gel up anymore, despite doing a few transfers. Anyway, here's how the season is going for now.
2cmsux2.jpg

That 5-1 win over Real Madrid is huge result. Isn't it? My team is doing way much better against the better sides and sometimes have big issues in dealing with smaller teams. I need to work on that.

Main goal this season is to win Serie A, again. So far we're good on 1st place after 9 games which have seen Napoli winning six of them while playing two draws and 1 defeat. 20 goals for and 7 against.
In CHL I've been given a very tough group which included Real Madrid, Ajax and Benfica. I am first after 3 games with 2W, 1L but Real Madrid and Benfica have as many points as me, 6.

Transfers for this season. I managed to sign Vertonghen, key player, costed me 13M euros. V. Weiss and Fierro signed with me and they're regarded as hot prospects. I've also signed with Aogo to play as left wingback when needed. Got R. Naingolan too and play him as a rotation, hey G. Inler is massive player so I can't give Naingolan a key player or first team status. Loaned Wilshere from Arsenal. I spent a total of 51M euros this summer.

Many players had to leave. I didn't give many players a new contract. Sold Fernandez for 1.9M, Santana was released on a fee, Rinaudo and Donadel were transfered for 2euros and 9euros..Haha, doesn't look like smart decision but I don't want to have players in my squad which have almost no chance of getting in and have some football, at times.

Now have a look at my squad, tactics.
r93p10.jpg

I play a 5-3-2. Rigid philosphy, attacking strategy. Short passing, Expressive creative freedom, press more, default tackling, man marking, drill crossing, and stick to position. I don't want my team try to do really big things but stick to what they're asked to do.
I train players only on recommended in the usual meetings.

I personally consider that I'm doing alright. But I'd consider any tips coming from you guys.

So, what do you think?