A new Arsenal save, (budget) but keeping the "cheat" one as well

rehan14

Reaction score
After studying my last thread and taking into account the replies, I have created a new Arsenal save...

After 5 seasons with my "cheat" save, I was buying players at astronomical prices and not "enjoying" the game as much...

Don't get me wrong... I loved buying the "fantasy players" and bringing up some youth but, I let go of some real talents for the sake of established stars... i.e. In: Aguero Out: Sanogo :'(

The aim is to spend 12-16m MAX on 1 player per season... i.e. that will be my marquee signing for the season...

This, for me is more realistic and gives a more personal gain when winning trophies... (Read last thread for a summary) 8-|

With excitement and sceptism, I have bought some real gems (more then the 1st save) and steered clear of MEGA signings...

Those signings have been:

G.Cahill (CB), D.Costa (AM) (read my thread on him, had to buy him :wub:), Kadlec (AM) (missed out on him before, so really excited about him (6)), Crisetig (CM), Fierro (CF) (signed for next season) & Sanogo (CF)

The full cost was UNDER £32 MILLION!!!

Trying to get Guilherme (GK) & Denilson (RB) but having work permit issues :mad:

I have no intention of EVER letting these players go as they are gonna light up the game + the youth of ryo, chamberlain & frimpong (beast :p)

It was quite fulfilling when I (atm;)) turned down the chance to sign hazard, hamsik & balotelli (ALL AGAIN!!!:D)

I am much more excited as it is a challenge to avoid £20m+ signing but I am gonna be as arsenal-esque as possible (lol)

P.S. I am still keeping my "cheat" save if I want to live the fantasy again (6)

Rehan Quraishi
twitter: rehan_gunner

thumbnail.aspx

Last edited:
To be honest limiting yourself to spending 12-16 million and doing well isnt that much of an achievement in my opinion (especially if u start with Arsenal). 5m or less then fair enough but maybe try it with a lesser team rather than one with world class players already. Unless you are going to sell RVP, Wilshere, Ramsey, Vermaelen etc

To be honest limiting yourself to spending 12-16 million and doing well isnt that much of an achievement in my opinion (especially if u start with Arsenal). 5m or less then fair enough but maybe try it with a lesser team rather than one with world class players already. Unless you are going to sell RVP, Wilshere, Ramsey, Vermaelen etc

My history with past editions has never really stopped me from buying top players... i.e. I was fulham in the last edition... In my 3rd season I had Suarez, Torres and Busquets in my team...

The plan isn't to buy 3-4 12-16m players per summer, it is to build up the talent and watch them flourish...

I'll stay as Arsenal until I feel the need to change... :p

My history with past editions has never really stopped me from buying top players... i.e. I was fulham in the last edition... In my 3rd season I had Suarez, Torres and Busquets in my team...

The plan isn't to buy 3-4 12-16m players per summer, it is to build up the talent and watch them flourish...

I'll stay as Arsenal until I feel the need to change... :p

So the same tactic Wenger uses, and fails with? ;) :p

So the same tactic Wenger uses, and fails with? ;) :p

:p yup...

Difference is that I won't... These players will stay for 5 years + with little tweaks to the squad (which will not be "mad" signings... i.e. aguero, balotelli, neymar, etc.)

It is funny how people say to start as a small team and when you look at their 'Sunderland' after 4 years, they have a ridiculous amount of established talent... I am bored of doing that... rather spend small and build a successful team of stars (A)

:p yup...

Difference is that I won't... These players will stay for 5 years + with little tweaks to the squad (which will not be "mad" signings... i.e. aguero, balotelli, neymar, etc.)

It is funny how people say to start as a small team and when you look at their 'Sunderland' after 4 years, they have a ridiculous amount of established talent... I am bored of doing that... rather spend small and build a successful team of stars (A)

Yeah exactly. Did the same thing with my beloved Liverpool. Got bored of it, and just started a new save where I don't spend £200m every season like I did on my other save.

Good luck with it mate :)

I started with Real Sociedad on fm11 and after 3 seasons my first eleven was:

GK: Sergio Romero
RB: Dennis Appiah/Romario
CB: Botia
CB:Galeano
LB: Lucas Digne
DM: Sandro
CM: Rodwell
AML/R: Neymar/Willian/Lamela/Griezmann
AMC: Pastore
ST: Benzema, Paloschi

In general I had a lot of young talents, but I also spent a lot on Neymar and Pastore. I think that it will always become a irrealistic squad after a few season

I started with Real Sociedad on fm11 and after 3 seasons my first eleven was:

GK: Sergio Romero
RB: Dennis Appiah/Romario
CB: Botia
CB:Galeano
LB: Lucas Digne
DM: Sandro
CM: Rodwell
AML/R: Neymar/Willian/Lamela/Griezmann
AMC: Pastore
ST: Benzema, Paloschi

In general I had a lot of young talents, but I also spent a lot on Neymar and Pastore. I think that it will always become a irrealistic squad after a few season

Well after 5 years as Arsenal, this was my team:

GK- Szezceny
RB- P.Jones
CB- Cahill
CB- Vermaelen
LB- Fabio

CM- Busquets
CM- Rodwell
CM- Douglas

AMR- Hazard
AML- Neymar

CF- Aguero

It was just ridiculous...

I am more excited about the young crop i've brought in my new save... (H)

This after just a season winning the domestic treble...

View attachment 211141View attachment 211142View attachment 211143View attachment 211138

This gives me great satisfaction because, as you can see... I have spent really well while selling at a profit...

The budget is amazing as well... £100+ million!!! :D

I will not succumb to temptation (might as well continue my last save!)

However, my rivals have strengthened:

Spurs (Cavani), Man.City (hazard, subotic) , Liverpool (Hamsik)

Even fulham got micah richards & erikssen (as I said in #3) :O

I have kept denilson & vela in my squad from loan (like new signings)

Cannot wait for the new season to see the talent flourish :wub:

Last edited: