A New Beginning- An Arsenal Story

kurtfish

Reaction score
sky_uk_sports.png

Wenger shown the door

gun__1231147130_Arsene-Wenger-plymouth.jpg

In past months, the future of Arsène Wenger has been very sceptical. Some of the large Arsenal fan base, have been calling for Wenger’s head, whereas some patriotic fans came up with the saying ‘In Wenger, we trust’. Despite this, even some of the high level fans have started to feel the strain.

Wenger has been described as a coach who "has spent his career building teams that combine the accumulation of silverware with a desire to entertain and attack", and as "a purist, dedicated to individual and collective technical quality".

At Monaco, Wenger earned a reputation for unearthing young talent. Throughout his managerial career at Arsenal, Wenger signed relatively unknown and inexperienced players such as Patrick Vieira, Cesc Fàbregas, Robin van Persie and Kolo Touré, helping their transition to become familiar names in European football. This became known as ‘The Wenger way’.

Although Wenger made some big-money signings for Arsenal, his net transfer record is far superior to other leading Premier League clubs. This enabled the club to build new training facilities, and youth facilities.

After 15 years of memories, the time has come for Arsène to leave the club that he fell in love with, and nurtured. After a meeting which lasted more than an hour, Peter Hill-Wood, chairman, mutually agreed with Wenger, on his leave from the club.

Peter Hill-Wood: “I thank Arsène for everything he has done for the club. It’s been a pleasure to work with him. I see him as a friend, and I hope he follows the club well into the years. I hope he never forgets his time at the club, because the fans will never forget it.”

In his time at Arsenal, he won a total of 11 trophies, 3 Premier Leagues, 4 F.A. Cups, and 4 League Cups, with 12 runners up medal, in 6 different competitions. Despite this, the search for trophies, has reached desperation point, with the last trophy won in an F.A. Cup Final in 2005, where they won Manchester United, on penalties 5-4, after a 0-0 draw.

article-2025200-0D63CEB100000578-175_468x286.jpg

Some fans have said some of the following to the dismissal of Arsène Wenger.

“I’m 63 years old, and I’ve been coming to watch this team since I was a lad, and he’s done so much for the club. It’s a saddening day to see him leave.”

“I understand what he’s done for the club will never be forgotten, but the trophy problem was to strong for me, he had to go at some point.”

Peter Hill-Wood has stated, "I am looking for a young manager, who I believe can bring back the glory days to Arsenal, and reinstate our dominance."

sky_uk_sports.png

Likely Arsenal managers listed

Thomas Tuchel
tumblr_lb3147FMdQ1qbw5x2.jpg

The 37 year old German, is currently the manager of Mainz. He took over Mainz after they were promoted to the Bundesliga in 2009. Managed to finish ninth in his first season, and fifth this his second season, meaning they secured European football this season.

Didier Deschamps
b1f9832b5a0b250e47d5ecb48f79_grande.jpg

The 42 year old Frenchmen, is currently the manager of Olympique Marseille. He took over Marseille in 2009. In his first season at the club, he won the Ligue 1 and Coupe de la Ligue, and his second season, second in the league, and champions of the Coupe de la Ligue.

Rudi Garcia
garcia_rudi.jpg

The 47 year old Frenchmen, is currently the manager of LOSC Lille Metropole He took over Lille in 2008, but was sacked after his first season, finished 5th. but it became apparent that this sacking was due to a difference of opinion with a member of the board, Xavier Thuilot. In his second season at the club, he finished 3rd in the league, in his third season, he won the Ligue 1, and became the champions of the Coupe de la Ligue.

Kurt Fish
View attachment 222427
The 34 year old Englishmen, whom grew up as an Arsenal fan, is yet to manage a football team, but has been a coach at a few non-league teams, and has caught the eye of some lower league teams in the Championship, and League 1 and 2. He has been noted as a potentially great manager for the future.

Odds:
Thomas Tuchel 5-2
Didier Deschamps 7-1
Rudi Garcia 10-1
Kurt Fish 15-1

sky_uk_sports.png

Fish grabs a new opportunity

427x317 [2].jpg

Kurt Fish has been appointed as the new manager, after Peter Hill-Wood confirmed the deal on July 5th 2011, at 09:00.
Peter Hill-Wood has said, "I spoke to Kurt this morning, and I believe he is the right guy for the job. I asked him many questions, and he just got better and better. H
is ambitions for the club, are joint to mine. I wish him luck, and I will support him."

Kurt Fish spoke a few minutes later, "It's an absolute honour to manage this club. I know Arsene was a huge success here, and it'll be hard to replace him. I grew up watching his way of management, and I intend to carry on the ways of youth, and possession. We may of lost a couple star players in the summer, but I aim to lead this club back to glory."

Founded in 1886, Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in England. The club play at the magnificent Emirates Stadium and possess state of the art training. The club has excellent youth facilities, producing some great players.

11-emirates-stadium.jpg

Arsenal have a very young squad, with a lot of talent.
Key players:

Robin van Persie
View attachment 222435
The captain is a great overall player. The influence that he has is incredible. His finishing is one of a true great. He will be a player I hope will be on form.

Thomas Vermaelen
View attachment 222437
The vice-captain is a great defender. His presence in defence is great. Most strikers will be afraid of playing against him. He is injured a lot, and I hope that he will be fit very often for me.

Aaron Ramsey
View attachment 222438
The young midfielder will be my key man in midfield. He has a high potential, and I hope he can reach the level predicted, as he will become a world class player.

Wojciech Szczesny
View attachment 222439
The young goalkeeper will be my first team keeper. He also has a high potential, and I hope he can reach the level predicted, as he will become a world class player.

Player news:
Jack Wilshere is out for 7-8 months with a broken ankle
Emmanuel Frimpong is on loan at Wolves for the season
Yossi Benayoun is on loan from Chelsea for the season
Ryo Miyaichi is on loan at Bolton for the season
Thierry Henry is on loan from New York Red Bulls till 1st March 2012

Players I'm interested in:
Sime Vrsaljko- a highly rated youngster from Dinamo Zagreb who has been linked with Arsenal before
Christian Eriksen- the Ajax midfielder has caught the eye of many managers
Eden Hazard- the Lille attacker has been linked with Arsenal before, but may be a little to expensive
Mario Gotze- the German midfielder
has been linked with Arsenal before, but may be a too expensive

Nice start mate, good luck & i'll be following!

Arsenal impress in pre season

Arsenal 5-0 Arsenal Reserves
Robin van Persie, Thierry Henry x4

PSV 2-2 Arsenal
Park Chu-Young, Yossi Benayoun

Arsenal 3-1 Porto
Mikel Arteta, Alex Chamberlain, Robin van Persie

Colorado 0-2 Arsenal
Park Chu-Young, Yossi Benayoun

Rangers 0-1 Arsenal
Thierry Henry

Arsenal 3-1 Braga
Robin van Persie, Baiano OG, Gervinho

Napoli 0-2 Arsenal

Arsenal 3-2 Aston Villa
Alex Chamberlain x2, Aaron Ramsey

View attachment 222584

Transfers

Players in:

Marc Vidal- Toulouse- £1.9m
The young goalkeeper has a high potential, and will be a good prospect for the future. Arsenal has a lot of French players from the Wenger reign, and I will continue this.

Toby Alderweireld- Ajax- £6.25m
The young Belgian will be good back-up due to the selling of Johan Djourou. Also when playing with Thomas Vermaelen, they will have a good chemistry.

Xherdan Shaqiri- Basel- £9m
The young Swiss winger has a high potential, and will a back-up for the team.

Sime Vrsaljko- Dinamo- £1.1m
The highly rated young right back will be a back-up for Bacary Sagna. Being a target, I am happy with this signing, as teams like Athletico Madrid were also after the Croatian star.

Mbaye Niang- £11.75m
The 16 year old Frenchman has a very high potential.
Arsenal has a lot of French players from the Wenger reign, and I will continue this. Despite being a fairly hefty transfer, I feel his potential will be worth it.

View attachment 222582

Players out:

Tomas Rosicky- Aston Villa- £2m
Manuel Almunia- Rayo- £1.8m
Marouane Chamakh- Sunderland- £8.5m
Andrey Arshavin- Athletico Madrid- £10m
Johan Djourou- £9m

View attachment 222583

Arsenal have drawn FC Twente in the Playoff's for the Champions League. They will play at the Emirates Stadium in the second leg.
They have a hard start to the Premier League, with the North London derby taking place on day 1, at White Hart Lane. They then have Manchester City at the Emirates stadium a week later.
View attachment 222585

"If Kurt Fish carries on like this, I can't see Arsenal been beaten." -Alan Shearer on Match of the Day

August Update

Premier League
Tottenham 1-2 Arsenal
9' Gervinho
45' Robin van Persie
48' Rafael van der Vaart
Man of the Match: Gervinho- 8.2

Champions League Best Placed Playoff Leg 1
FC Twente 0-3 Arsenal
51' Mikel Arteta
75' Thierry Henry
84' Aaron Ramsey
Man of the Match: Thierry Henry- 9.1

Premier League
Arsenal 2-0 Man City
31' Per Mertesacker
41' Robin van Persie
Man of the Match: Per Mertesacker- 7.8

Champions League Best Placed Playoff Leg 2
Arsenal 1-0 FC Twente (4-0 aggregate)
32' Sander Boschker OG
Man of the Match: Toby Alderweireld- 7.4
After Arsenals qualification, they have drawn the following teams in the Champions League:
SL Benfica, FC Kobenhavn, Dortmund

Premier League
Norwich 1-3 Arsenal
9' Mikel Arteta
34' Gervinho
41' Robin van Persie
44' Grant Holt
Man of the Match: Mikel Arteta- 8.1

View attachment 222752

League table:
View attachment 222751

Player statistics:
View attachment 222750

Monthly
accolades
Player of the Month: Peter Odemwingie- West Brom
Young Player of the Month: Aaron Ramsey- Arsenal
Goal of the Month: Leon Britton- Swansea
Manager of the Month: Kurt Fish- Arsenal

After a great start, Arsenal and Kurt Fish will be looking to carry on their great form into September.
View attachment 222753

Last edited:
I'm really interested in this. Hope you keep it going. Good luck!

September Update

Premier League
Arsenal 3-0Swansea
3'Theo Walcott
12'Gervinho
67'Gervinho
Man of the Match: Gervinho- 9.2

Champions League Group H
Arsenal 2-0FC Kobenhavn
3'Robin van Persie
40'Robin van Persie
Man of the Match: Robin van Persie- 8.8

Premier League
Stoke 1-1Arsenal
31'Alex Song(Red Card)
32' Radoslav Zabavnik (Pen)
57' Theo Walcott
Man of the Match: Thomas Sorensen- 8.6

Carling Cup 3rd Round
West Brom 1-2 Arsenal
30' James Morrison
58' Robin van Persie
62' Robin van Persie
Man of the Match: Robin van Persie- 8.8

Premier League
Arsenal 2-0Sunderland
7' Aaron Ramsey
60' Kwadwo Asamoah OG
Man of the Match: Aaron Ramsey- 7.8

View attachment 223071

League table:
View attachment 223069

Player statistics:
View attachment 223070

Monthly
accolades
Player of the Month: Nani- Man Utd
Young Player of the Month: Rafael- Man Utd
Goal of the Month: David Goodwillie- Blackburn
Manager of the Month: Villas-Boas- Chelsea

Kurt Fish has made a great start for Arsenal. Hopefully he can carry on their form.
View attachment 223072

Nice story man , i'm an Arsenal fan so i'll keep and eye out for this story :)