fmtobes

Reaction score
i have just finshed my second season with man city, i have built an awesome sqaud full of strength and depth and am doing really well but now i am bored and feel i need a new challenge in football management.

my first season i won the league by 12 points.
lost league cup final v west ham
lost fa semi
lost uefa cup/europa leage quarter 1-0 on aggregate to real madrid.

then i signed javier pastore, cristiano ronaldo, edin dzeko, mamadou sakho, simon kjaer, coentrao, rodwell, van der wiel and andrea poli.

the sqaud is immense!

2nd season, won the premier league by a clear margin, won the champions leage, won the league cup and lost in semi final of fa cup for a second consecutive season.

however i am bored, the easy winning and big big big dip in form to club captain and hero tevez has disappointed me, though balotelli has been amazing as an inside forward on the wing.

i am thinking of resigning to take on a club i can build up to the dominant force, players adore me and my reputation should help me sign some of the best players around.

YOUR IDEAS ON POSSIBLE PLACES TO GO???

Just satrt a new save and go Cambridge or someone similiar

i started a new save a few days ago with swindon which is going superbly but i like to have a couple saves running and this was my original game so kinda want to develop it...

well, if you are intent on using the same manager but going elsewhere, the first consideration has to be what jobs are available, or likely to come available?

If your reputation is good enough then most clubs will give you a job, in a previous incarnation of FM my continental rep manager took 6 months off after resigning due to much the same reasons you've stated then applied for the job at Bolton who had been relegated a couple of years previously and were struggling in the Championship.

Gartside gave me the job, obviously, and I restored them to the premiership but the tw@t sacked me part way through season 3 (slightly over 2 years into the job) because we were 15th/16th BUT... we'd only lost one game and were just beginning to gel as a team! Needless to say, I was uber ****** at Gartside!

Does your reputation actually attract better players?
ofcourse it does. A player would rather go to a club with a world class manager with lots of success than an amateur manager in his first job.

Try St Helens if you fancy doing some editing. They play at Knowsley Road the famous rugby league stadium 17,500 capacity I think. Put them in Blue square north.
Or you can try making Gloucester a big team from Blue Square North.

Do you have any other leagues as playable, or just England?

If so, go and try your luck in the Spanish, Italian or German leagues!

Create a team, start as far down as you can, then work your way up :)

cheers guys, yeah i got all leagues pretty much, well the ones you expect. and lazuru5, sounds like you did well and hes done a mike ashley style decision on yah, think i'll try go to an underachieving side in either of the english italian or spanish top divisions.